Prague Phantoms Press Conference

Jbeezy76

Presser Questions Training Camp Edition

1. Training camp is underway, what are you most excited for looking towards season 74?

2. Who has stood out so far in training camp?

3. Is there an area of your game that your trying to work on?

4. What method did you use to make your way to practice today? Ex: Cab, Bus, Bike, Walk ect.

5. What piece of advice would you give to a young Phantom's fan looking to be you someday?

6. How pumped are you to see Cinnamon Block back in Prague for another year?

3 minutes ago, Seabass said:

1. Training camp is underway, what are you most excited for looking towards season 74?

4. What method did you use to make your way to practice today? Ex: Cab, Bus, Bike, Walk ect.

5. What piece of advice would you give to a young Phantom's fan looking to be you someday?

1. I'm most excited for being a leader on my team in the VHLM. I'll hopefully be able to help us reach the playoffs and maybe make some noise.

2. Landry, he's a BEAST!

3. This offseason I've been working on my puck handling so that I can better clear the puck out of the zone.

4. I sprinted all the way.

5. Don't give up! You got this!

6. I'm super pumped! Hopefully I'll learn a thing or 2 from Block even though I'll still be in the VHLM for another season.

7 hours ago, Seabass said:

1. Finally getting back into the bigs and helping the team win our first championship.

2. Landry and Cinnamon. Those guys are some big pieces to have on our team.

3. Strength, checking, and defence. In pretty happy where I am with other attributes but there's lots of work to be done.

4. Walked. Did some checking out of the local scene around the facility. This city is extremely vibrant.

5. Work hard everyday. But don't forget to have fun. 

6. I think it's great. I can't wait to be able to watch it every game!

17 hours ago, Seabass said:

1.  Honestly, just getting back and seeing the team again. We have a great squad

2. Thomas Landry II has been flying out there

3. I'd love to have a strogner glove hand

4. I took my moped

5. Eat your green vegetables

6. Thrilled, always happy to have some solid D out front

20 hours ago, Seabass said:

1) Ready to prove a lot of people wrong this season.

2) All of our new young guys.

3) Spent the off-season trying to get a little stronger for puck battles.

4) I drove.

5) I would say defense is just as important as offense. Developing a wicked shot is nice, but being a great backchecker can be more important.

6) Great to have him back!

On 9/14/2020 at 2:20 PM, Seabass said:

I'm looking forward to making the playoffs and going up against Seabass Perrin in Helsinki.

The rookies! They're bringing a lot of energy and competitiveness. Also, McPine looks fine.

Just trying to keep improving everywhere and keep up with the kids!

I drove my Jag.

Work hard and keep persevering through the rough patches. Be kind to everyone.

Oh you know it! Super pumped! I would be pretty depressed if we lost both Perrin and Cinna.

On 9/14/2020 at 4:20 PM, Seabass said:

1. excited about how my old man player handles the season.
  2. Thomas Landry is playing like a man on fire currently hopefully he keeps it up
  3. oh every thing my guy has lost a few steps 
  4. by boat, land or sea its the way to travel
  5. just dont leave for like a year and you'll be fine 
  6. Very! dude is still a beast even after all these seasons 

I'm just excited to make the VHL! I've been waiting for this moment for a long time and it's finally here!

As a rookie, we're expected to look to the veterans to see how we should act. In that sense, I've been very impressed with Landry II

I need to work on everything right now. I'm currently a jack of trades, master of none...but seemingly barely average at everything.

Depending on how I'm feeling and the weather, I either drive or take some sort of public transit. Today, I drove.

Always keep putting in the hard work. Success or failure is acceptable as long as your effort is 100%.

Very excited! Always nice to see some veterans returning to the team! Hopefully we can make the playoffs this year!

S74 First Week Presser

1. Who do you consider Prague's biggest rival?

2. Four Phantoms are still looking for their first goal of the season. Who will score first: Jacob Perry, Gary Tarantino, Andre LeBastard, or John LeClair II?

3. Three Phantoms (Alex Pearson, Thomas Landry II, Dan Baillie Jr) have scored hat tricks so far this season. Who will be the next player to score a hatty?

4. Who will win the Stanley Cup in the NHL? Dallas or Tampa Bay?

5. Who is your choice for the Stanley Cup MVP (Conn Smythe)?

6. What is your favorite autumn outdoor activity?

21 hours ago, animal74 said:

S74 First Week Presser

2. Four Phantoms are still looking for their first goal of the season. Who will score first: Jacob Perry, Gary Tarantino, Andre LeBastard, or John LeClair II?

3. Three Phantoms (Alex Pearson, Thomas Landry II, Dan Baillie Jr) have scored hat tricks so far this season. Who will be the next player to score a hatty?

1. Moscow's had our number all season so far

2. I think they'll all get them in the same game

3. Landry II will get another one

4. Dallas. Kiviranta will score the winner with his foot in the crease

5. Gotta be Dobby

6. What is this "outdoor" you speak of?

On 9/22/2020 at 4:29 PM, animal74 said:

S74 First Week Presser

1. that one team that beats us a lot. SCREW THOSE GUYS
  2. I'm going with my boi John LeClair II hes got good scoring genes 
  3. JOHN LECLAIR II !!!!!!! hes gonna explode soon!!!
  4. Dallas they can lockdown any team.
  5. Dobby!! hes having the post season of his carrer hes been a stone wall!!
  6. Camping, nothing beats sitting around a fire with the boys cooking up some sausages  

S74 First Week Presser

1. Honestly I think it's a little early to talk actual rivals I'd like to answer this again maybe half way through the season.

2. They all have killer chances but I think I gotta go with LeClair II.

3. I'd love to get another one that was awesome but I gotta think a guy like havlova has a great chance to notch one.

4. Gotta give it to Tampa. I would love to see Dallas pull it out but Tampa is just so strong especially with having Stamkos back in their lineup.

5.  I think it'll be be either Vasilevskiy or Hedman.

6. Football in the park! but can't really do that at the time so a nice walk on a trail to watch all the leaves changing taking in nature.

On 9/22/2020 at 5:29 PM, animal74 said:

S74 First Week Presser

Probably DC, but there’s a rivalry brewing with Warsaw as well.

I hope it’s leclair, He’s worked so hard this season and is sadly still pointless.

I’m Guessing Leclair, he will break his pointless streak with a hatty.

Tampa is like my Second favourite team but I honestly Wanna see dobby and radulov get a cup. So Dallas.

Tampa-Point/Vasi

Dallas-DOBBY/Heiskenen

fall walks

S74 First Week Presser

1) Warsaw

2) Glad I finally scored. Was starting to get frustrating.

3) Ondrej.

4) Hoping for Dallas.

5) Khudobin or Point.

6) Hiking, but I also love playing golf in the fall.

1.) Probably Warsaw - we have had a ton of close games against them and we should be beating them more.

2.) Well, considering I just scored my first goal the other day, I'm assuming I was last.

3.) The captain, Thomas Landry II. He's a clutch player who scores when it matters most.

4.) Tampa - the better team from top to bottom.

5.) To be honest, I've been checked out since the Flyers have gotten eliminated...I think Point is doing well?

6.) Favorite fall outdoor activity...going to breweries when it's 65-75ish out is pretty nice. Golf isn't bad either.

1. The Team is on a 4 game winning streak currently, what must the team keep doing in order to extend this winning streak?

2. Gary Tarantino was the team's top scorer last season right now he's currently sitting with 15 points in 28 games. Are you confident that he can return to last year's form?

3. Ohradka currently is tearing it up with 32 points in 28 games, will he be able to keep it up and make this a career year for himself?

4. McPine has been phenomenal, the team hasn't had this kind of play since the days of Brick Wahl. Should McPine be considered as one of the VHL's elite goaltenders now?

5. What's your favourite thing about the fall?

6.Are you a dog person or a cat person?

Edited by Seabass

4 hours ago, Seabass said:

1. The Team is on a 4 game winning streak currently, what must the team keep doing in order to extend this winning streak?

2. Gary Tarantino was the team's top scorer last season right now he's currently sitting with 15 points in 28 games. Are you confident that he can return to last year's form?

3. Ohradka currently is tearing it up with 32 points in 28 games, will he be able to keep it up and make this a career year for himself?

4. McPine has been phenomenal, the team hasn't had this kind of play since the days of Brick Wahl. Should McPine be considered as one of the VHL's elite goaltenders now?

1. We gotta keep winning

2. Absolutely. A slow start can't keep a star from being a star

3. The kid is on fire, if he keeps doing what he's doing, he'll set career highs all around

4. I don't think I'm there yet

5. Normally it would be the return of the NHL and Halloween, but this year its just Halloween

6. Dog but I like both

On 10/1/2020 at 6:53 AM, Seabass said:

1. Well we unfortunately lost today. But, that four game win streak was very promising for the future. If we keep the lines rolling things will continue to click. Pk it's looking good. If we can somehow get the level of shots down we'll be looking real good.

2. I'd hope so. Sometimes there's off seasons it happens all the time. I'm sure once he gets some steam the points will start coming.

3. He's killing it right now! It's super fun to watch him out there. When everything's working out it looks easy out there.

4. Mcpine is quickly making a name for himself as a force in net. I would not be surprised at all if he's in the top three goalies over the next couple seasons.

5. The weather. Fall is my most favourite time of the year. Football season, hockey (normally starting). It's the best.

6. I am a fan of both dogs and cats. If I had to choose i would say dogs though. Because they actually WANT you to love them.

On 10/1/2020 at 4:53 AM, Seabass said:

1. We made it a five game streak. The keys were contributions from everyone, good special teams, and brilliant play between the pipes from McPine. If we can keep our compete level up and continue to have these things happen, we'll win more often than not.

2. Tarantino has been pouring it on lately. He was a point-per-game during the streak with four goals so the puck is going in for him now. He's gaining confidence and still working super hard and that will always get results.

3. I hope so! I'm betting on having my first point-per-game season and so far, so good. It nice to see all the hard work starting to pay off.

4. I think he's be the first to say he's not there yet. But he's definitely one of the most exciting talents in the VHL right now. He needs to work on areas that most young goalies need to like consistency and not letting leads slip away but also the team needs to play better in front of him.

5. I'll admit it - I love pumpkin and pumpkin spice! Also the autumn colors are wonderful.

6. Well, since we just bought a new puppy last weekend, I'll have to say a dog person! But, yeah, I'll always been a dog person anyway.

1. keep the offense going and shutdown our opponents.
  2. oh yeah he'll light it up again! hes just going through a slump.
  3. i cant see why not dude is a stud i believe in him.
  4. dude is playing on another level he deserves any praise he gets.
  5. normally i'd say its when the hockey season stars to begin buuut its different this year sooo uuhh the leaves i guess.
  6. dogs but don't tell my cats. 

1) were doing great offensively but we’re gonna have to hold it down in our own end more too

2) didn’t pay that much attention last season but I’m sure he’ll get it back

3) it would be pretty cool if he did, he’s a big part of the team

4) he’s been pretty crazy lately, need to step up our defense game

5) I like the weather

6) I prefer dogs, kittens are cute

1) Can’t change much, we’re playing great.

2) Super happy to finally be waking up out there. Rust lasted longer than I would have liked but glad to see some production lately.

3) Yes.

4) Yes!

5) Fall golf.

6) I like both.

1.) We gotta keep scoring more goals than the other team! But seriously, we have to just keep playing a 200 foot game. We're not talented enough to just out skill other teams, so we have to keep hustling.

2.) Tarantino will pick it up. He showed last season that he has some skill, and that doesn't just evaporate overnight at the beginning of your career.

3.) Hopefully he can! Ohradka has been putting in the hard work, so it's nice to see him get rewarded.

4.) McPine has been keeping up in games, and that's all you can ask. He's had a good season, but what truly separates the "elite" goalies is being able to do it season after season. If he keeps this up, then we can call him elite.

5.) Football, soccer, and the weather. I love the crisp weather that fall brings.

6.) Definitely a dog person in general, but there are specific cats I know that are OK.