Prague Phantoms Press Conference

Jbeezy76

19 hours ago, animal74 said:

1. What grade (A-F) would you give your performance so far this season and why?

2. What has been your biggest moment so far this season?

3. Were currently fourth in the EU having scored the second-most goals but also having given up the second-most. What can we do to rectify this?

4. What is your favorite holiday drink?

5. Your Secret Santa is the teammate who posted last. What present to you give them?

6. What is your favorite Christmas lights color or color combo?

1.) Started with an A, has been a C recently, so I'm going to go with a B-. Points started off really well, then really dried up, but have somewhat picked up recently. Hits have been relatively consistent.

2.) I think I had a good game with 2 goals and a bunch of hits - think it was earlier in the season. Probably my best game.

3.) As a team, play better defense.

4.) Not really huge into "specialty" drinks (assuming we're talking alcoholic), but I do like me some hot chocolate when it gets cold outside.

5.) A nice box of chocolate - who doesn't like chocolate?

6.) I like the classic white lights, but the blue/red/green colored ones are pretty decent too.

On 11/29/2020 at 3:23 AM, animal74 said:

New Press Conference!

3. Were currently fourth in the EU having scored the second-most goals but also having given up the second-most. What can we do to rectify this?

5. Your Secret Santa is the teammate who posted last. What present to you give them?

1. Ill give myself A-, historically ive always been a minus players throughout my career, for once im not in the minuses. 

2. Defeating Seattle.

3. Well taking less penalties is a great start to rectify that problem.

4. Grey Goose Vodka on the rocks.

5. A Gritty doll, a case of beer and a well aimed prank at his expense.

6. Give me the rainbow. But in my home were rockin some Phantoms colors.

On 11/29/2020 at 4:23 AM, animal74 said:

New Press Conference!

1. B. I've been above average but not great

2. Had a big 52 save win the other day. Still let in 6 goals.. but a win is a win

3. Just gotta keep working hard in practice and eventually it will come

4. Classic egg nog and rum

5. Dan Baillie Jr, you're getting a brand new stick and some clear tape 

6. The LED blue and white ones look sharp

Presser Questions

1. The Holiday season is underway, name me a holiday movie that you watch every year?

2. Lets be honest here, have you even started getting gifts for your loved ones? Or are you a last minute kind of guy.

3. If there was a movie made of your life, who would you like to see play you?

4. Do you play any other winter sport else than hockey?

5. The Phantoms are comming off a 5-2 loss to the Malmo Nighthawks where the Nighthawks managed 51 shots on McPine. What does the team have to change to be able to limit the amount of rubber McPine sees looking forward? 

6. Do you think the NHL will play the next season?

Edited by Seabass

1. The Holiday season is underway, name me a holiday movie that you watch every year? - The best Christmas movie of all time... Die Hard. Ho ho ho... now I have a machine gun.

2. Lets be honest here, have you even started getting gifts for your loved ones? Or are you a last minute kind of guy. - I have, but not as much as I've liked. Been pestering my wife for us to go and get some shopping done and I think I'm finally wearing her down!

3. If there was a movie made of your life, who would you like to see play you? - I really don't know, I don't seem to have a celebrity doppelganger. Would probably be a breakout role for someone since it'd be such a fun role to play. 

4. Do you play any other winter sport else than hockey? - Unless you count skating around to stay fresh on the skates a sport, not really. Maybe some curling now and then for shits and giggles, although I'm definitely not going to be making a second career of that. 

5. The Phantoms are coming off a 5-2 loss to the Malmo Nighthawks where the Nighthawks managed 51 shots on McPine. What does the team have to change to be able to limit the amount of rubber McPine sees looking forward? - We need to be more responsible with our defensive assignments. Too often we're trying to set up great offensive chances, when we're doing the same for our opponents by doing that. As a team, we need to stay at home and do our jobs. Goals will still come, and maybe we won't have to be so urgent about taking such big risks all night. 

6. Do you think the NHL will play the next season? - Sure hope so, but recent developments sure make it seem iffy. I think the love of the game will ultimately win out if playing safely is remotely possible, though. 

On 12/1/2020 at 7:52 PM, Seabass said:

Presser Questions

1. The Holiday season is underway, name me a holiday movie that you watch every year?

We don't have a lot of time for movies but The Christmas Chronicles 1 & 2 with Kurt Russell on Netflix have quickly become family favorites!

2. Lets be honest here, have you even started getting gifts for your loved ones? Or are you a last minute kind of guy.

TBH, my wife is a super-planner and has most of the gifts bought already. I don't do a lot of gift-giving between most loved ones due to living far away so it's mostly online stuff. Usually, it's kind of last minute even though we try to plan ahead.

This is not a movie that should be made! But if someone had to play me I'd say Aaron Ashmore for looks alone.

Occasionally I ski. Lots of skating if I can. Hiking whenever I can, especially in the mountains.

5. The Phantoms are coming off a 5-2 loss to the Malmo Nighthawks where the Nighthawks managed 51 shots on McPine. What does the team have to change to be able to limit the amount of rubber McPine sees looking forward? 

Obviously, we need to get better defensively and hold on to the puck more. I don't know if the systems or lines need changing but I think we can do better.

I think they will at some point but organizing that is going to be a nightmare especially with the cross-border travel. I don't envy Gary Bettman right now.

1} The movie ELF is constantly played in December so i usually end up watching that.

2} it would be alot easier to shop early but whats the point in that xd

3}  Adam Sandler

4} not really outdoor sports, for indoors basketball

5} Need to be better defensively for him

6} i think it will but not at the projected time they have it planned for

On 12/1/2020 at 9:52 PM, Seabass said:

5. The Phantoms are comming off a 5-2 loss to the Malmo Nighthawks where the Nighthawks managed 51 shots on McPine. What does the team have to change to be able to limit the amount of rubber McPine sees looking forward? 

1.) I like the live action of Grinch and Home Alone. For movies that everyone else likes or I hate, Elf.

2.) Nope! I'm usually a last minute-ish shopper, but I'm going to try to do it this upcoming week.

3.) Don't know - I barely know any actors.

4.) Nah - I always wanted to get into curling, but it's not really big in PA. 

5.) Defense is all about effort, so we just have to put more effort into our zone.

6.) Yes, but it will be a shortened season. Maybe 50ish games.

On 12/1/2020 at 10:52 PM, Seabass said:

Presser Questions

1. I always watch that old animated one with the abominable snowman and Rudolph

2. I have most of my gifts, surprisingly. I can be pretty last minute though

3. Idk, I think Ryan Gosling looks a bit like me

4. Curling and I've snowboarded a few times

5. The best defense is a good offense

6. Yes but no fans

Presser Questions

1 - Are you putting up a tree this year? If so what's your favourite ornament?

2 - Do you think our GM will make any moves this year as the trade deadline approaches

3 - Whats your favourite kind of doughnut?

4 - Are you pleased with your play so far this year?

5 - Do you enjoy snow? Or do you just fucking hate it.

6 - Is there any games that you and your teammates play while out on a road trip? (ex: card games)

11 hours ago, Seabass said:

Presser Questions

Yes we have a tree up but the bottom half is empty as our new puppy keeps eating the ornaments. My favorites are the Vancouver Canucks ornaments.

2 - Do you think our GM will make any moves this year as the trade deadline approaches

Hard to say, we're not it a great spot. We could give up some futures which we now have to try and make the playoffs but it's not guaranteed. If the next few days don't go well, someone may want to go to a contender and that would help the Phantoms in the future.

Chocolate roasted coconut or boston creme

Not really. I'm playing poorly defensively and not producing as much as I'd like. I'm also taking more faceoffs than I expected and I'm not doing great in the dot. After my career-high 80 points last season, I'm pretty disappointed in my play.

I don't mind the snow as long as I don't have to shovel it constantly. It looks beautiful. It's more the cold that accompanies the snow that I'm hating the older I get.

6 - Are there any games that you and your teammates play while out on a road trip? (ex: card games)

We'll play some cards or maybe some Risk or Catan.

1 - Are you putting up a tree this year? If so what's your favourite ornament? - It always gets put up on Black Friday, as I refuse to acknowledge the Christmas season until after Thanksgiving. My favorite ornaments are the Hallmark players, which on our tree is Eric Lindros, Claude Giroux, Troy Aikman, Emmitt Smith, and DeMarcus Ware. 

2 - Do you think our GM will make any moves this year as the trade deadline approaches - For the right price, I think so. I don't see him going into to a go for broke mode yet. 

3 - Whats your favourite kind of doughnut? - Cream filled, coated with confectionary sugar. So messy, but so, so delicious. 

4 - Are you pleased with your play so far this year? - I'm on pace to break career-highs, but that only happens if I keep pushing. Expecting results will get me none. 

5 - Do you enjoy snow? Or do you just fucking hate it. - I love it as long as I don't have to drive in it!

6 - Is there any games that you and your teammates play while out on a road trip? (ex: card games) - Cards Against Humanity will show you just how diseased your friends are and I absolutely love it. 

Edited by Doomsday

On 12/11/2020 at 7:01 AM, Seabass said:

Presser Questions

6 - Is there any games that you and your teammates play while out on a road trip? (ex: card games)

1. No, haven't put up a tree in the last few years. Just doesn't feel the same with my parents being gone. My favourite one was my birth year ornament. My brother and i both had them and it was tradition that my brother and I would both hang those specific ornaments ourselves. This is a tough time of year for me to say the least.

2. Not sure, I trust that if the right thing comes up the trigger will be pulled. We're still very young though so I don't think it's probably the right time. But again if it's too good to pass up, I have have faith here.

3. To be honest, I rarely eat donuts. But if I do I'm old school chocolate dip guy.

4. For the most part, yeah I am. I still have some tooling to do to figure out the chemistry of my line mates so that I can help support their production. But we're all still very young so give it a couple seasons.

5. I love it there majority of the time because it's just always been a part of my life. Though admittedly sometimes in the latter part of winter the cold and grey can get a bit depressing.

6. There's this meme based card game that I can't remember the name of off the top of my head but it's absolutely hilarious. Also we play a lot of video games together.

On 12/11/2020 at 7:01 AM, Seabass said:

1.) Yeah, we have a small 4 foot tree up. My favorite ornaments are the sentimental ones - have a couple from when I was born, a young kid, of me and my brother, and that my fiancee and I have acquired.

2.) I think we'll have to balance the future and this season, and that's not always an easy thing to do.

3.) Mmmm...I was spoiled on doughnuts growing up. My grandmom worked at a doughnut shop for close to three decades, so whenever I'd come over to visit, she usually have some doughnuts for us that were just baked. My favorites are (in no particular order) - boston creme, powdered cream stick (which is what I believe @Doomsdaysaid as well), and an old fashioned chocolate cake doughnut.

4.) Not really - I don't feel like my stats have really improved from my rookie season.

5.) It depends - I hate that annoying 3-5 inches of snow. If it snows a little, it looks nice and isn't too annoying to get rid of. If it snows a lot, then things shut down and you stay home. If it snows only a moderate amount, it's annoying to drive, remove the snow, and places stay open and people still expect you to go to places.

6.) We play some poker, bullshit, cards against humanity, etc...

Push for the Playoffs Press Conference!

1. What's your go-to breakaway/penalty shot move?

2. With 13 games left, can that handsome scoundrel Thomas Landry II (59 GP, 29 G, 42 A, 71 PT) break the Prague single-season records set last season for goals (35 - Ohradka) and points (84 - Havlova)?

3. What do we have to do to make the playoffs?

4. Will we get a shutout this year?

5. What's the worst Christmas exchange gift you've ever received?

6. What do you need (item, food, tradition) to make if feel like Christmas?

2 hours ago, animal74 said:

2. With 13 games left, can that handsome scoundrel Thomas Landry II (59 GP, 29 G, 42 A, 71 PT) break the Prague single-season records set last season for goals (35 - Ohradka) and points (84 - Havlova)?

1. Deke to backhand shelf

2. If he keeps up his 1.2 ppg pace, then absolutely

3. We seem to be having some trouble scoring

4. I'll get one for sure

5. I got a mankini last year so probably that

6. Family. Cheesy I know

I'd have to say my go-to move is to feign a pulled calf muscle, skate to my left for a bit then spin around and slap the shit out of the puck. Sometimes it works. 

That handsome scoundrel absolutely will. I will help him succeed even at the expense of others. Hopefully it helps us win a little more than we have been lately. 

I think we just need to step it up. And the sim engine needs to stop fucking Prague over. When will enough be enough lol. 

We haven't?! Dafuq. I'll try my best before I hang up my skates. 

An insulated drinking bottle. It was kinda bulky and it's been sitting in the kitchen pantry for the past year. Sorry! 

A cold IPA beer. Time with our family as well. And hopefully a good family feast like we had this past Thanksgiving. 

On 12/15/2020 at 3:25 PM, animal74 said:

1. Forehand Backhand always

2. Of Course he could!

3. win the close games and win the games against the people in our conference.

4. I believe we will

5. Socks that did not fit my size 17 feet lol

6. I need a nice big tree in my living room. 

On 12/15/2020 at 3:25 PM, animal74 said:

1.) Easy - just wind up with the old slap shot. I can't deke for shit, so I just try to blast it by the goalie.

2.) I think he can! I haven't cheated and looked up his stats, but I'm pretty certain he's going to.

3.) Win more games than our opponents.

4.) That's a good question - it's hard to go through a whole season without a shut out, but the Flyers did it a couple of season ago...some point when Steve Mason was the goalie.

5.) Hm....I don't know actually. Nothing is coming to me off the top of my head.

6.) Getting a $1 advent calendar with the chocolate inside. My brother and I have gotten one since we were kids and still carry on the tradition.

1.) So the season's over and the Prague Phantoms did not qualify for the playoffs. What happened in the second half of this season? 

2.) What are your offseason plans to help the team improve for next year? 

3.) Is there a vacation in the works during the extended offseason? 

4.) We bid farewell to three veterans in Ondrej Ohradka, Seabass Perin and Wolf Stansson, Jr. What have they meant to you/the team? 

5.) Have you completed your Christmas shopping? 

6.) What do you hope to see happen in 2021? 

1.) So the season's over and the Prague Phantoms did not qualify for the playoffs. What happened in the second half of this season? - The scoring dried up, and it just seemed like we couldn't compensate elsewhere. Teams also improved at the deadline, and we stayed with what we had. It's not as much that we got worse I feel, but that other teams just got better. Regardless, still not a roster that should have missed the playoffs, so the coaching staff will have a lot on their minds this off-season. 

2.) What are your offseason plans to help the team improve for next year? - There are a lot of young players making the leap to the VHL from the pipeline, so I need to do my part to have them as ready for the pros as possible. They have very big shoes to fill, so it's up to all of us to make sure they're ready!

3.) Is there a vacation in the works during the extended offseason? - Well, there is an invitational Pro-Am being held this off-season that sounds like a lot of fun! Going to be a lot of VHL players and prospects there, and it'll be cool to get a chance to play with guys I wouldn't get to ordinarily. Between that and the World Junior Championship, my dad is gonna have his hands full with scouting!

4.) We bid farewell to three veterans in Ondrej Ohradka, Seabass Perin and Wolf Stansson, Jr. What have they meant to you/the team? - A lot, to be honest. Perrin and Stansson Jr have been rocks on the blue line for years with Prague, and losing them both on the ice and in the locker room is a big loss for this team. Ohradka is the beating heart of this Phantoms team, he simply is irreplaceable. Outside of his offensive proficiency, Ondrej was a great locker room guy and it's difficult to imagine Prague without him, yet we will have to moving forward. Gary Tarantino was also a very solid depth player for this guy that could step up regardless of what assignment he was given, and that's a really underrated type of player that any successful team needs. Big, big losses for this team this season. 

5.) Have you completed your Christmas shopping? - I'm as done as I'm gonna get! Now, wrapping on the other hand... 👀

6.) What do you hope to see happen in 2021? - The world is so angry and divisive right now, we really need to come together and find out that we're all on the same team, in spite of our differences. Life is too short to spend being angry, in my opinion. 

1) Nearing the end of the season we kind of just stinted, not improving but i don't think necessarily declining. stagnating became a detriment losing to teams we shouldn't be and to those we know we can beat. offensively and defensively we failed to get the job done.

2) this season i declined hard in play, for the offseason i need to get back in shape and hopefully with the addition of young guns in the next season or two we'll be back to top form

3) The Pro-am tournament is gonna be on again so i plan on going there

4) When i first came to Prague Perin and Stansson helped me alot with my game and i hope throughout  my years in Prague ill be able to hone the knowledge they have tought me to be better

5) I never know what to buy people so i just give money, they know what they want now they can get it lol

6)  Covid to be gone hopefully

On 12/23/2020 at 9:58 AM, Cornholio said:

1.) So the season's over and the Prague Phantoms did not qualify for the playoffs. What happened in the second half of this season? 

4.) We bid farewell to three veterans in Ondrej Ohradka, Seabass Perin and Wolf Stansson, Jr. What have they meant to you/the team? 

1. Strong start to the season but then we got lazy

2. Gonna focus on my movement and trying to be a better teammate

3. Gonna backpack in Europe I think. No real plan yet

4. Its hard to put into words. Their leadership on and off the ice will be missed

5. Yes

6. Leafs win the Cup, Canada wins WJHC, Prague wins VHL

On 12/23/2020 at 8:58 AM, Cornholio said:

.) So the season's over and the Prague Phantoms did not qualify for the playoffs. What happened in the second half of this season? 

1.) Not really sure to be honest. I thought we were playing good enough to get a playoff spot, but we sort of just fell apart collectively at the end of the season. Is a shame.

2.) I need to hit the gym with renewed vigor. I've been coasting for most of this season and haven't been able to max out on my training opportunities, but my life will stop being hectic by the end of January, so I'll be back to earning more TPE.

3.) With COVID, not really. Probably going to go back home and train with myself or a couple of close friends, depending on how everything is.

4.) They've been great contributors both on the ice and in the locker room. Anytime the veterans leave, someone else will have to step up.

5.) I finished the shopping around the 20th, but the last present didn't arrive until today.

6.) A return to normalcy with COVID, or at least mostly normal. Selfishly, my wedding is in July, and I'm really hoping it'll be able to go off without a hitch, but that's looking increasingly unlikely.

On 12/23/2020 at 8:58 AM, Cornholio said:

1. Honestly I'm not sure. I don't think much changed from the first half. Secondary scoring seemed to dry up. 

2. Work on scoring, puck handling, and defense. Likely seeing more time on the ice I want to round my game out to be able to help in any situation on the ice.

3. Nope no vacation, playing in the pro/am tournament and hitting the gym.

4. That's a huge loss and big shoes to fill. Those guys are the Phantoms to me. They we're huge parts of this franchise since I joined this team. I wish them all the best.

5. I only had to get gifts for two people so I was done pretty quickly.

6. I hope we see the start of our lives going back to some form of normalcy by the end of 2021. That's pretty much all I can how for way this point.