Prague Phantoms Press Conference

Jbeezy76

1.) So the season's over and the Prague Phantoms did not qualify for the playoffs. What happened in the second half of this season? 

I think you may have pooped the bed. It happens, move on.

2.) What are your offseason plans to help the team improve for next year? 

I refuse to help Prague improve, unless of course I end up there. As I'm not a Phantom, I will not be revealing my master plan for success.

3.) Is there a vacation in the works during the extended offseason? 

In a word. No. As a wise man once said, hard work beats talent when talent fails to work hard.

4.) We bid farewell to three veterans in Ondrej Ohradka, Seabass Perin and Wolf Stansson, Jr. What have they meant to you/the team? 

It may sound callous, but very little. I have zero idea who they are, but I'm sure that they have each made valuable contributions to the team.

5.) Have you completed your Christmas shopping? 

Yes. I bought everyone alcohol or gave them cash. Some relatives were unhappy that their children did not receive cash...

6.) What do you hope to see happen in 2021? 

For your sake, I hope that 2021 brings more success to the Prague Phantoms and everyone involved has a far better year.

1. It's almost draft day, is there someone out there that you'd recommend to the Phantoms scouting team?

2. The Phantoms have won the 2nd overall pick, the highest Phantoms selection since selecting Cinnamon Block 1st overall in S69. Who would you like to see the Phantoms select with that pick?

3. With the new year have you made any New Year's Resolutions?

4.Who do you got winning the Continental Cup? Malmo or D.C?

5. Is there any facet of your game that youd like to work on this offseason?

6. How far do you think the Phantoms are from being able to make their first ever finals appearance

1. It's almost draft day, is there someone out there that you'd recommend to the Phantoms scouting team? - Definitely, and the proper people know about them. No need to give other teams any ideas about who we're looking at!

2. The Phantoms have won the 2nd overall pick, the highest Phantoms selection since selecting Cinnamon Block 1st overall in S69. Who would you like to see the Phantoms select with that pick? - With Block nearing retirement, we're going to need another franchise blue liner, and Battre Sandstrom looks to be that type of player. It's really looking like that's the route management is going to take as well. 

3. With the new year have you made any New Year's Resolutions? - To maintain and create even more energy to get this team to the top of the league!

4.Who do you got winning the Continental Cup? Malmo or D.C? - I could see this going either way, but I have a gut feeling that Condor Adrienne goes out on top with a Cup win. 

5. Is there any facet of your game that youd like to work on this offseason? - I've been a good scoring threat, but I need to really take that step towards being a great one this season, especially with Ohradka retiring. The team needs me to step up more than ever to be that top guy out there that drives the offensive production. 

6. How far do you think the Phantoms are from being able to make their first ever finals appearance? - We just need to get hot at the right time and it can happen. Chicago got so tantalizingly close when absolutely no one saw them doing it. If they can do that, so can we!

On 1/9/2021 at 6:44 PM, Seabass said:

1. It's almost draft day, is there someone out there that you'd recommend to the Phantoms scouting team?

2. The Phantoms have won the 2nd overall pick, the highest Phantoms selection since selecting Cinnamon Block 1st overall in S69. Who would you like to see the Phantoms select with that pick?

3. With the new year have you made any New Year's Resolutions?

4.Who do you got winning the Continental Cup? Malmo or D.C?

5. Is there any facet of your game that youd like to work on this offseason?

6. How far do you think the Phantoms are from being able to make their first ever finals appearance

1.) No, not specifically. I trust management to make the right decision.

2.) We're fortunate to have "won" the 2nd lottery for 2nd overall - again, I trust management to pick the right player. I'm going to assume that we pick the player with the 2nd or 3rd most TPE.

3.) Need to start working out again, or at least running. My weight is good, but my fitness level could improve.

4.) I'm gonna go with D.C. - if it already happened (which I'm 99% sure it did), I didn't look it up.

5.) Last season, I was happy that I was able to improve all of my skills to a VHL level. This year, I really want to improve my scoring to an elite level.

6.) Hopefully not that far - I know the fans in Prague would like to see it.

1} our second pick is around 20 i believe and theres a shitload of left wingers there may aswell take one of em 

2}  far as i know our eyes are on Battre Sandstorm which will help our blueline more

3) I need to stop wasting my money on random shit, save more

4} D.c Dragons go win

5) last season i played like shit, this coming season i need to improve my game overall to be a leader on the blueline 

6) honestly in a season or two more and well get there with this team

1. Earlier today, the Prague Phantoms traded Cinnamon Block to the D.C. Dragons for a 1st round pick (15th) in the coming draft. Is there anything you would like to say about it?

2. This off-season has been full of changes in the management of many teams. Is there any change that shocked you more than others?

3. What do you think will be our strengths and weaknesses for the coming season?

4. The Phantoms got 4 players playing in the WJC this off-season (Bouchard, Gobeil, Kisslinger, The Blob), do you find that promising?

5. We added a lot of emojis on our discord server this week, is there any missing emoji you would like to see?

6. The NHL season is starting this wednesday, are you hyped about it?

1. Earlier today, the Prague Phantoms traded Cinnamon Block to the D.C. Dragons for a 1st round pick (15th) in the coming draft. Is there anything you would like to say about it? - It sucks to see the best bu... teammate in the VHL leave your locker room, but the VHL is a business. This is ultimately for the best for both sides, and while we will miss her on and off the ice, the trade is ultimately better for Prague's future. 

2. This off-season has been full of changes in the management of many teams. Is there any change that shocked you more than others? - IR retiring from his position as the San Diego general manager came as a major shock to me. He was one of those guys you felt would always be around, especially after another strong season for the Marlins. I had some great memories in San Diego in Season 71, wish him nothing but the best in his retirement!

3. What do you think will be our strengths and weaknesses for the coming season? - I feel like this is a team that will be capable of scoring goals, but struggles to get consistent outputs due to the influx of young players. It's exciting for our future, but growing pains are to be expected. 

4. The Phantoms got 4 players playing in the WJC this off-season (Bouchard, Gobeil, Kisslinger, The Blob), do you find that promising? - With how competitive it was to get roster spots in the WJC this season, it really is. It's a testament to the pipeline that team management has put together lately, and it's on display for the world to see at that tournament. 

5. We added a lot of emojis on our discord server this week, is there any missing emoji you would like to see? - :gustav3:

6. The NHL season is starting this wednesday, are you hyped about it? - LET'S GO FLYERS!!!

1. Earlier today, the Prague Phantoms traded Cinnamon Block to the D.C. Dragons for a 1st round pick (15th) in the coming draft. Is there anything you would like to say about it?

Answer:

Spoiler

Wish Cinnamon Block the best of the luck and sounds like a good move by both teams as D.C. Dragons are in a win now situation; while we are still in a build situation so with Cinnamon Block only having a few season left and us collecting a hopefully young stud at 15th overall in this season draft it was a win win for both teams and player involved in the trade.

2. This off-season has been full of changes in the management of many teams. Is there any change that shocked you more than others?

Answer:

Spoiler

IR retirement as he has been around for every with the marlins. I don't know the manager personally but all reports is he was a stand-up guy that did everything for that team so it was a shock to here he had retired.

3. What do you think will be our strengths and weaknesses for the coming season?

Answer:

Spoiler

Influx of young players is clearly one of our weakness heading into the next season but will or could be a strength in the future. Only one of our draft picks should make the roster this season that being whomever we select at second overall as the 15th overall draft pick won't be ready this season or will most likely want to be in the VHLM for a championship run depending on whom we are able to draft. I have my eye on three players that would fit the team nicely in Lenny Sanderson (203TPE), Robin Galante Nilsson (236TPE) and Magnus Verlander (220TPE) with only Lenny Sanderson expected to be available at that stage of the draft

4. The Phantoms got 4 players playing in the WJC this off-season (Bouchard, Gobeil, Kisslinger, The Blob), do you find that promising?

Answer:

Spoiler

Yes, of course as it means we have four of the best prospect currently in the world as only 75 players are selected to play in the tournament. There were also some great players left off the rosters so that also say a lot about the four of our prospect selected as they had impact season last year otherwise they wouldn't have been lining up for their respective teams in the WJC.

5. We added a lot of emojis on our discord server this week, is there any missing emoji you would like to see?

Answer:

Spoiler

I am not a huge emoji guy as my age hasn't allowed me the right to understand the secret code that the younger generation uses. Like what the heck does happy face, cucumber and stupid grin mean anyways? In my day we had to talk face to face if you wanted to accomplish anything and walk five miles up hill to school in -35 degrees weather both ways. Today they take what buses, trains or even get driven to school. These young whippersnappers have way to easy now. Covid wouldn't even have slowed us older generation down!! Ha ha!!

6. The NHL season is starting this Wednesday, are you hyped about it?Answer:

Spoiler

Nope, Being that I am living in Japan the games coverage is only through the NHL network via satellite or on-line streaming devices, which I am too old to figure out you know!! Honestly, I have found staying up to date with the NHL very hard being in a different part of the world then my birth country but at the same time I am not a huge fan of the weird lay-out for the season this year or even how the season end last year. I was able to watch highlights and listen to some of the play-off games but I don't think I will pay much attention this year as I don't have as much time. I might follow the weird play-off set-up as they should have Toronto in the finals this season against some American team like Colorado or it could even be they year that finally the Oilers make the run with McJesus to the finals against another Western Conference team. Which would make me laugh. Either way the season seems like a mockery of the whole NHL based on the way they have aligned the teams this season with all Canada division. It also means we are bound to lose more Canadian Team sooner this season if I am correct based on the lay-out. 

Wake me up when covid done and we get back to real hockey.

Edited by Gaikoku-hito
Because I can

18 hours ago, domg5 said:

1. I trust the management and that they made the right decision, sometimes it is hard to say bye to veterans, but it is beneficial for both sides.

2. I do not pay attention to much outside our own team, so not very shocked with anything.

3. Our strength is our weakness if that makes sense. We lost a lot of our veteran presence on the ice. but we brought in lots of promising prospects.

4.It is something special, maybe a little bias but that team Canada looks good;)

5. I think it brings a little more life to our server. Cool add on.

6. Yes, I am excited to see how my Blackhawks do with Dach and Toews.

1) Good deal on both sides, we get a first round pick and hopefully she will win a cup with DC

2) i havent payed attention to off-season changes just dom becoming agm which is great

3) Alot of our experienced teammates are gone from last season, but this upcoming one has quite a few rookies coming up. In a season or two as they grow well be a contender

4) Watching WJC will be fun this year with four rookies playing on team canada, will be great for Bouchard and Gobiel to play with eachother before they come up

5) all i wanted was a Prague icon and we got it 

6) Cant wait to watch the Canadian division should be pretty fun, kinda want SJ to suck again this season because they missed out on stuetzle

On 1/12/2021 at 1:05 AM, domg5 said:

1. Sad to see Block go, but a first round pick is always nice to have

2. More shocked by some of the teams that didn't make changes ;)

3. Strength in net ( I hope) and scoring. We have a young team so defense will probably be a weak spot

4. The future is bright!

5. I haven't had a chance to explore them all yet

6. 116 straight days of hockey!!!!

On 1/12/2021 at 12:05 AM, domg5 said:

1.) The team has to do what the team has to do. The job of the GM is to balance the needs for the present with the needs for the future, and in this case, the needs for the future one. At some point, the future will become the present, and we will reap the rewards of the trade, but for now, it's a step backwards.

2.) Was a little surprised IR stepped down and don't know anything about the Dil firing, but that seemed surprising to me. I've been MIA in league happenings for a couple weeks though.

3.) We won't highest amount of practice hours, so we'll have to make sure we get pucks in deep, forecheck hard, and get pucks to the net to get them Gritty goals.

4.) It's always promising to have your prospects play in the WJC - the WJC is only for the best of the best. Not that if you're NOT on the WJC you're not a good player, but only good players make the WJC.

5.) Discord? What's that?

6.) VERY HYPED. Flyers looking very deep from 1-12 at forward and the top 4 defense should be good - we even have depth at forward! Also, can always win games with Carter Hart in net.

1. The season is starting this wednesday, how was the off-season for you?

2. We found an empty whiskey bottle in the locker room, who is guilty?

3. Are you satisfied with Prague's picks in the last draft?

4. What is your main goal for this season as a player?

5. Are you a gamer? If yes, what is your current game?

6. If you could choose the song that is played when Prague score a goal, which one would it be?

Edited by domg5

5 minutes ago, domg5 said:

6. If you could choose the song that is played when Prague score a goal, which one would it be?

1. Was a great offseason, I’m ready to come back stronger and produce better numbers. 
2. John Brewitt, he loves his whiskey, I’m more of a rum guy myself.

3. For sure, all great additions for the team 

4. Definitely getting 30 points. Would love that more than anything

5. Yeah i love playing games, currently playing Valorant, the hunter call of the wild and the new call of duty game.

6. I’m a big rap fan, so anything that can pump us up, no specific song though, I’m good with whatever!

The off season was good, I'm back to updating regularly and excited for the season to start!

I'd have to blame myself I really do love my whisky

Yeah very satisfied we got some great additions to the team

I would love to be a point per game player or to scorre 40 goals

Yes I love gaming, currently I'm playing NBA,NHL, my summer car and the new cod game every now and then

Dior a good pump up song in my opinion

1. The season is starting this wednesday, how was the off-season for you? - Very productive - ate my first season of regression like a boss and already have enough banked to handle next season. I also got the chance to play in the Victory Pro Am tournament, got to play with some guys I didn't think I'd ever get the chance to and was named as the captain of my team. It was fun, but can't wait to get back to business with Prague!

2. We found an empty whiskey bottle in the locker room, who is guilty? - A dead man, because they didn't share any with me!!

3. Are you satisfied with Prague's picks in the last draft? - Management killed it! Got some really quality players in this draft and the pipelines are looking very well stocked for the future. 

4. What is your main goal for this season as a player? - Besides making the playoffs and winning the Cup? I'd like to score 40 goals, maybe push or break 100 points this season. I need to be at my best to get this team back to the playoffs!

5. Are you a gamer? If yes, what is your current game? - Right now, NHL 20 and Battlefield 1 are my go-tos, although I also play Madden, F1 20 and Stardew Valley. 

6. If you could choose the song that is played when Prague score a goal, which one would it be? - Bulls On Parade by Rage Against the Machine, keep the boys pumped up and ready to dole out more punishment on the other team!

1. The season is starting this Wednesday, how was the off-season for you?

Spoiler

Long and boring so I am looking forward to getting the season underway. No really expectation heading into the season so I will be happy collect 20pts or so on the season. We will see.

Spoiler

As a rookie, I cannot say who would have been drinking in the locker room but I clearly wouldn't have the gale to drink in the room; yet!!

Spoiler

I don't wear a suite so I don't have the right to say that our management team didn't or did draft correctly. Welcome to all the new players and I will see you in the dressing room when you join the team and we should share a bottle of whiskey.

Spoiler

Not expecting anything so as I said above I would be happy with 20pts.

Spoiler

Used to be but don't have time to play that many games at the moment. When I played I was Transport Fever and Farm Sim type of guy but I also played my sports games from F1, Hockey, Soccer etc....

Spoiler

Thriller and we can do the dance after we score as well right?

Edited by Gaikoku-hito

1) always feels long but with the pro-am tourney going on in between it makes it shorter

2) i can honestly tell you it wasnt me

3) it'll be fun to play with Battre in the upcoming season and as for hte rest of the picks it'll be exciting when they come up

4) Dont shit the bad as bad as i did last season 

5) NHL 21 and league of legends at the moment, outside of those two single player games like assassins creed or the likes

6) dont stop me now by queen 

23 hours ago, domg5 said:

waaaaay too long 

whisky ? not me lol if it was Vodka , im guilty....

Beyond Satisified, SO ready to start my VHL debut ! 

Win the Continental Cup !

Not a gamer whatsoever

WAP

On 1/18/2021 at 7:58 PM, domg5 said:

1. Wasn't too bad, definitely can't complain

2. I love shots, why do you think I became a goalie?

3. Yes, the future is bright

4. Winwinwin!

5. Not really, I play a bit of chel though

6. Phantom of the Opera

On 1/18/2021 at 6:58 PM, domg5 said:

PAINGFULLY LONG, however the draft was a pretty amazing experience , being able to shock so many users , its clearly not a shock anymore that i was drafted where i was #GhostSqaud Clearly Prague knows talent when they see it 

Im Sober....

is that rhetorical ? @diamond_ace  &  @domg5 followed up last seasons great draft class with another great group ! 

As a player its winning the any Individual award from most gentlemanly to most PTS Im earning hardware ! But real goal is bring a Founders cup to Yukon @MexicanCow123 !

EHM used to be my thing , used to play alot of 2k and fifa , as life gets in the way not much time to game  lol 

GET DOWN WITH THE SICKNESS

• Commissioner

Got drafted so was okay.

The GM, heard he likes the booze. 

Yeah, there were some good depth picks. 

To develop and help the team win.

I spend most of my free time doing league stuff, if i'm not it's usually on wow.

Skibidi - Little Big

1. Very happy to be back, time to get to work!

2. I think there's a large portion of this organization that could be held responsible for this. Including myself haha.

3. Definitely! Some awesome prospects who no doubt will have a huge impact on this team for many seasons to come!

4. Helping this team getting into the playoffs and winning it all is the only goal I have.

5. I am a gamer for sure. Lately I've been playing a lot of warzone. I have cyberpunk sitting beside my Xbox but I have yet to put it in. So that'll be next.

6. Party Hard - Andrew W.K.

1.) Too long - it's always too long when you don't make the playoffs! The extra rest is good to recover after a grueling season, but we all wish our season was a little longer.

2.) After the off-season? Who knows! Could have been a player, a member of the front office, the cleaning staff, or maybe a fan who broke in while we were all gone!

3.) Yup! Always nice to add a good batch of prospects to the team.

4.) I would like to hit a point per game or score 40 goals - not off to a great start so far.

5.) Yes - I play LoL, NHL 21 EASHL, usually play either Football Manager, OOTP, or Front Office Football, and then another game off and on - currently Age of Empires 2. I'm not even close to being competitive in AOE 2 - don't have the APM or just RTS skill to pull off anything other than against the computer.

6.) Darude - Sandstorm.

There is the press conference for the week ending on january 31th.

1.  The phantoms are doing quite well lately, do you think we can continue on that pace?

2. What is the worse penalty you ever got?

3. Who do you think won the Laine - Dubois trade in the NHL?

4. Do you watch any series lately? If yes, what is it?

5. What is the best hockey movie ever released?

6. What do you do before a game to prepare yourself and perform at your best?