Prague Phantoms Press Conference

Jbeezy76

1. If you could choose the destination of a future expansion team, where would it be?

Answer:

Spoiler

I know a lot of the others are likely to say Asia, like Japan or Singapore but the problem with this is down to location and conference sets. We have two conference North America and Europe so to expand into Asia would require a whole conference of teams to be expand. That could happen over time but would take a while so I am going to go with Quebec City as Canada is the heart of Hockey so only having three Canadian teams feels like we are simply doing the Canadians injustice.

2. What is the sport you dislike the most?

Answer:

Spoiler

Same as most that have already answered Baseball. While I played the sport growing up I was bored half the time and the kid that was making sand castle around the diamond while waiting for something to happen. If placed in the outfield, which didn't happen often as they learned to keep me busy; I was picking the flowers or weeds from the grass. They place me a catcher or short stop so I had to do something on every pitch. I was also good at the game but simply didn't like it too much.

3. What is Prague's secret weapon for the playoffs?
Answer:

Spoiler

Balanced team work. Other then that guy that lead our team in scoring this season we have pretty much had a balance team through the season with someone always coming up timely. Be it a defender, forward or Goaltender we have always had someone step up. Heck, I only had few minutes in penalties in the Minors yet I have been thrown out of two games for fighting for protecting other players on the team. This wouldn't have happened else where I am sure. My best game of the season was when that guy that scores all time did the same, fought and tossed so I chipped in to score two goals and a assist. Only three point game of the season so it was my time to step up.

Spoiler

(Yes, I know the guys is Thomas Landry II)

4. Do you prefer outdoor hockey or arena hockey?

Answer:

Spoiler

Oh, This is a good question but I am an arena player fore sure. That being said I love playing or skating outside as well but Hockey from a league aspect is always better played on ice that is conditioned right and not changing due to weather etc.... But nothing beats skating in a beautiful area on a cool, sunny day in the winter with friends. 

5. What is the perfect way to start a day?

Answer:

Spoiler

Not having to get up in the first place unless you want too. If I have to get up then I am looking for a nice hot shower followed by a hot cup of joe. Also not living in Canada and facing culture difference by living in Japan I miss bacon, sausage, ham, hash browns for breakfast in the morning. Here we get two pieces of toast, boiled eggs and fish. Most days I just want to skip breakfast. Best Breakfast we have here is McDonalds; and does that say it all.

6. Would you rather play in a team where the pressure is high but the fan base is huge or a team with low pressure but a poor fan base?

Answer:

Spoiler

I have been luck in RL to actually play in both situations and both have pros and cons but nothing beats the moment that you have 10,000+ fans cheering for you as you did something great and they give you the love. Term is chasing the cheer as the cheer starts in one area of the arena and then waves around until it files the arena; it gives you goosebumps and drives you to continue to be the best. High pressure usually comes from yourself or a dickhead coach so if it coming from you then you just need to learn to channel the pressure into energy and you will feed off of it. If a dickhead coach then you are better off looking for somewhere else to play since it means you won't last there anyways as you will most likely crack. Small mistakes are made huge and actually big performance are down played meaning you never truly feel at peace.

On 2/22/2021 at 7:08 PM, domg5 said:

1. If you could choose the destination of a futur expension team, where would it be?

6. Would you rather play in a team where the pressure is high but the fanbase is huge or a team with low pressure but a poor fanbase?

1. I'd love to see another team in Ontario. Maybe something like Barrie? Thunder Bay? Kingston?

2. Honestly I'm not big on golf. It's fun enough to play but can't stand watching it 

3. It's gotta be our ability to capitalize on being the underdog. 

4. Arena hockey for sure. Spent my whole life in an arena. Outdoor is fun but it's more a novelty than anything.

5. Waking up not having to go to work.

6 high-pressure. This is why we play the game right? To be seen, To prove to the whole world that there's a reason why we're here.

On 2/22/2021 at 7:08 PM, domg5 said:

1. If you could choose the destination of a futur expension team, where would it be?

6. Would you rather play in a team where the pressure is high but the fanbase is huge or a team with low pressure but a poor fanbase?

1.) I'd put one team in Nashville or Memphis and another team in an area of Canada that isn't represented - would leave that to the Canadians to answer that one.

2.) Basketball - Never really got into and I think the pro game especially is called way too tightly with fouls. I also like sports where scoring isn't the expected outcome of every possession.

3.) Going in with the underdog mentality, I think we may have been underestimated by teams this season.

4.) For fun, outdoors, but for competitive hockey, arena. Always annoying when the weather gives one side a competitive advantage.

5.) Drinking coffee and watching a Spurs match in the morning, followed by a Flyers game in the afternoon, and an Eagles Sunday night game.

6.) Each has its pros and cons and I wouldn't hold it against anyone who wanted to live somewhere where they could lead a more "normal" life, but I would take the higher pressure with the bigger fan base.

1. Are you satisfied with how the playoffs turned out for Prague?

2. What are your predictions for the continental cup winner now?

3. Will you use the off season to go on vacations, see your family and take a break or will you use it to train and be even better next season?

4. We played the current season with not much pressure as we did better than the expectations but next season the pressure should be higher, do you think you can handle it?

5. Who is your favorite NHL player who is still playing?

6. Who is your favorite retired NHL player?

39 minutes ago, domg5 said:

3. Will you use the off season to go on vacations, see your family and take a break or will you use it to train and be even better next season?

4. We played the current season with not much pressure as we did better than the expectations but next season the pressure should be higher, do you think you can handle it?

1. Very happy that we made the playoffs and were able to achive prauges first playoff victory, a little sad that we couldn't close out the series and ended up losing game 7 in OT but all in all I am very satisfied with how the team did.

2. I think warsaw has a good chance after pulling the first ever reverse sweep.

3. I will use the off-season to train to be better.

4. I think we will excel as a team with some pressure.

5. Auston Matthews

6. Mats Sundin

3 hours ago, domg5 said:

1. never satisfied until the job is done and the job was not done.

2. Moscow, I truly believe whoever won our series wins the whole thing 

3. Train Train Train, we had the taste of the playoffs, now it's time to win the cup

4. 100% built for pressure, we will excel no doubt.

5. Patrick Kane 

6. Saku Koivu

Answer:

Spoiler

Silly question; if you are satisfied with losing then you wouldn't have made it as far as the VHL now would you? We were the under-dogs in the play-offs and at the end I was happy to make it to the actual first round as Riga was and will be a very good team in the near future so I was happy with the way the team played during both series but we simply lost to a better team in a winner takes all situation. Sucks since we were so close to up setting Moscow.

Answer:

Spoiler

Moscow but I am not a fan of how they went about building their team this season so hopefully I am wrong. I also like Warsaw chances if they can finish off Moscow since we softened them up for them.

Answer:

Spoiler

Family and a break? What is that? I never take a break as even when I have down time I am looking at ways of making myself better so I will be training even if it doesn't look like training. Rollerblading 20-30km is a good fun activity to improve skating strength and stamina.

Answer:

Spoiler

This was a season without pressure? I always have self pressure so I am always looking to self improve season on season. I expected at least 20pts this season and I collected more then double that with 44pts and I won't lie I wasn't happy with only 44pts since others rookies did far better then I did this season. I expect more from myself and I hope that the team does as well as I am looking for at least 72pts per season to be satisfied.

Answer:

Spoiler

Marc-Andre Fleury

Answer:

Spoiler

Curtis Joseph (Cujo)

20 hours ago, domg5 said:

Not at all. I was totally expecting to beat Moscow and move on. I think we're the better team.

I'd say Moscow.

Using the off-season to train and party hard in saski with the saski boys.

I can.

Sidney Crosby, Marc-Andre Fluery.

Wayne Gretzky

On 3/1/2021 at 9:57 AM, domg5 said:

1. I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to beat Moscow. I think if we beat them we would have made the finals. Having said that, I am proud of the turn around that this team has made!

2. I'd have to think Moscow.

3. No vacations for this guy. It's right back to work for me. Must build off of this year's success and come back stronger than ever.

4. I think with everyone one season stronger the pressure is welcomed. We're going to turn a lot of heads.

5. Right now it's Auston Matthews. Guys absolutely unreal.

6. Mario Lemieux or Mats Sundin. My childhood was watching these guys in awe. 

On 3/1/2021 at 9:57 AM, domg5 said:

1.) Yes and no. On one hand, we definitely could have beat Moscow, but on the other hand, we got further than I thought we would at the beginning of the season.

2.) I'm gonna go with Warsaw.

3.) Little bit of both. It's important to take some time off and regroup both physically and mentally, but at the same time, gotta make sure you don't fall too far out of game shape.

4.) Yes, it comes with the territory. If you want to play with the big boys, it comes with high expectations.

5.) Sean Couturier - not the flashiest from a physical standpoint, but always make the right decision, is always in the right place, and just doesn't make mistakes.

6.) This is a tough one - think I'm going to go with Jeff Carter. Was underrated by fans in Philly while he was here because too many people focused on what he didn't do rather than what he did do well.

• Commissioner

Never, unless you win the cup.

Not quite sure yet, we'll have to see. Would like to see Prague up there but as Prague gets better so do other teams. 

You have to train, never stop training. 

Is that a serious question? Yes 

Bo Horvat, Canucks fan and think he brings the responsibility and grit to the team. 

To be honest I don't really have one. 

1. Starting next season, we will now have live sims for every games of the regular seasons and the playoffs for both the VHL and the VHLM, do you think this is a step forward for the league?

2. The WJC are starting very soon, 3 Phantoms made it to the the tournament, 2 of them are playing for Canada (Braxton Hunter and Silas LeFriend) and 1 is playing for Europe (Battre Sandstrom). Do you think that a Phantom will touch the gold this season?

3. We are also getting a World Championship this season with a few Phantoms on the teams again and also our captain as the GM of team Mercenaries. Can Doomsday win gold with team Mercenaries?

4. We are currently having an off-season high in activities with the Pro-AM, the WJC and the WC all running at the same time, does that help you to stay invested in the league during off-season?

5. What is the the trophy other than the continental cup that you would prefer to earn one day?

6. Last week, we got an announcement that Beaviss was stepping down from his commissioner position, do you have any word about that?

4 hours ago, domg5 said:

1. Starting next season, we will now have live sims for every games of the regular seasons and the playoffs for both the VHL and the VHLM, do you think this is a step forward for the league?

2. The WJC are starting very soon, 3 Phantoms made it to the the tournament, 2 of them are playing for Canada (Braxton Hunter and Silas LeFriend) and 1 is playing for Europe (Battre Sandstrom). Do you think that a Phantom will touch the gold this season?

3. We are also getting a World Championship this season with a few Phantoms on the teams again and also our captain as the GM of team Mercenaries. Can Doomsday win gold with team Mercenaries?

4. We are currently having an off-season high in activities with the Pro-AM, the WJC and the WC all running at the same time, does that help you to stay invested in the league during off-season?

5. What is the the trophy other than the continental cup that you would prefer to earn one day?

6. Last week, we got an announcement that Beaviss was stepping down from his commissioner position, do you have any word about that?

1. I like the idea, but I don't think it will change much for me personally watching the live regular season games isn't as excting as it is to watch the high stakes playoffs.

2. I wish all the phantoms luck in there WJC games and I hope to see Canada winning gold with a golden goal from a phantom!

3. I believe in dooomsday to bring home the gold.

4. I think it would help me stay more invested if I was apart of any of the teams.

5. I would like to earn the scoring trophey at one point in my career.

6. I hadn't heard about this until now. That really sucks I wish him all the best.

15 hours ago, domg5 said:

1. I think this is alright, i feel like this will be more consistent and better overall.

2. Hopefully they do, I hope it is team Canada too.

3.Maybe who knows, lets see his gm skills get tested ahahah.

4. I think it does keep me tied into the league, I really like the pro-am, I won my first one and finished fourth i think the last one. It is pretty cool for sure.

5. Most improved ;)

6. I don't know them personally, but I saw their name around everywhere and it probably does suck for the league, but people do have to move on and carry other life responsibilities. 

Answer:

Spoiler

Yes, From a transparent stand point this is a good thing but at the same time I wasn't consider with sims if the first place. But most know why this has come about now.

Answer:

Spoiler

Sandstrom and Europe seem to be the team beat heading into the tournament but I am also impressed with the Canadian roster so we could see our three prospects playing each other for Gold. Any bets should they make the finals?

Answer:

Spoiler

Paying less attention to the old man tournament but good luck to all involved from a young whipper snapper

Answer:

Spoiler

Nope, I am taking a break and I am enjoying it. Even consider two massive Articles that I could write so that I only have to complete two a season and be on cruise most of the season.

Answer:

Spoiler

The Inter-Continental cup. LOL!!

Answer:

Spoiler

New Gen Alert so I didn't know him or his work but it seems like he is well liked around here and had some good ideas; whatever they were.

On 3/8/2021 at 4:55 AM, Domg5 said:

Since I'm in limbo, I thought I'd come back and answer some Prague press questions!

1. I don't know if it's necessarily a step forward but it's a new initiative that some members have been asking for, so I guess it shows the BOG is listening to the masses.

2. I'm hoping to win gold with Sandstrom on Team Europe!

3. Definitely! He's in his prime and a beast right now. Landry II will win something at least.

4. Yes, especially since I'm in one of the tournaments. If I wasn't, I'd probably be less invested although it's my draft year, too.

5. With the build of my new player, I'd like to win a Boulet!

6. It's a tough job and he did it well. 

On 3/8/2021 at 6:55 AM, Domg5 said:

1. I think so. The more transparency the better. That way no one can complain.

2. I hope so. You always love to see your teammates succeed like that!

3. They have a pretty good team there! I think you have to count them in. 

4. I would probably be more invested if I was a part of any of them. But it definitely helps the offseason time go by quicker either way.

5. There's no other trophy that matters!

6. Change is good, I wish him nothing but the best. He's done so much for this league always appreciate the things he does.

On 3/8/2021 at 6:55 AM, Domg5 said:

1.) To be honest, no. I think the complaints were overblown for the regular season. Live sims for playoffs only were perfectly fine. No one is going to watch the live sims for the regular season, and if you seriously think there's rigging, I have a bridge to sell you.

2.) Yes - it's always safe to bet on Canada for a medal, and they're definitely favorites for the gold.

3.) Hopefully! Would be a nice add to the trophy cabinet for Thomas Landry II.

4.) Nope - none of my players are in it, but my answer would be the same anyway. The off-season is a nice time to reset and take a short break.

5.) Continental Cup > Gold Medal. Always nice to get a gold medal representing your country.

6.) Nothing more than I already said - I wish him the best moving forward and hope taking a break from authority will reinvigorate his interest in the league.

1. We managed to bring home 2 free agents this season. Brian Strong Junior and Xavier Leflamant. What is your thought about that?

2. With Moscow and Malmo now in a rebuild, we can say this season will surely change the power ranking in the europe conference. Give us your prediction, what position do you think Prague will be in the Europe conference standings?

3. Someone broke our player stat bot in the discord, who is guilty?

4. @animal74, former Prague Phantoms got drafted by Malmo with his new player. How will you be when you will play against him for the first time?

5. With only one pick in the entire draft, Prague drafted Nicholas Mariani with the 43rd pick and he already showed us good things in our locker room. Any message for the new Phantom's prospect?

6. Do you think that Mikko Lahtinen will still be at the top of the league after being traded to London?

4 minutes ago, Domg5 said:

1. We managed to bring home 2 free agents this season. Brian Strong Junior and Xavier Leflamant. What is your thought about that?

2. With Moscow and Malmo now in a rebuild, we can say this season will surely change the power ranking in the europe conference. Give us your prediction, what position do you think Prague will be in the Europe conference standings?

4. @animal74, former Prague Phantoms got drafted by Malmo with his new player. How will you be when you will play against him for the first time?

5. With only one pick in the entire draft, Prague drafted Nicholas Mariani with the 43rd pick and he already showed us good things in our locker room. Any message for the new Phantom's prospect?

6. Do you think that Mikko Lahtinen will still be at the top of the league after being traded to London?

1. I think it is huge for us, after losing two of our previous players. having these guys is super exciting and I cannot wait to hit the ice with them.

2.I think we finish 1st, honestly pretty easily.

3. Probably me, I tend to break things pretty easily ahahha

4. I think it will be cool, maybe we could drop the gloves ahahah

5. Update and do as much as you can, and please be active in the locker room like you already are.

6. I think Mingle will probably be at the top.

13 hours ago, Domg5 said:

1. I think it's huge for the team, really helps us get ready for the cup rush this year!

2. I think it's no question we finish first or second.

3. Probably @Zach Kisslinger, he breaks everything lol

4. I think it will be a pretty good game, and i'm hoping to get a couple points. 

5. Continue to be active in the locker room and meet new people it makes it a lot more fun in the long run! Also update as much as you can, helps the team a ton. 

6. No, I don't I'm hoping for Chris Hylands to be!

Answer:

Spoiler

Two different thoughts on the signing; congratulations to the team on two new siging and welcome to the team but isn't these two signing taking away ice time from our star players with two rookies on the team this season as well? This gives us ten forwards meaning our fourth line isn't the typical repeat of the first line that most other teams employee

Answer:

Spoiler

Sadly, I would love to be optimistic but the fact we were likely the four or even fifth best team down the stretch last season means we will most likely be fighting for the playoffs again this season with Riga so we are looking at third or fourth in our conference. Must say I haven't paid much attention to this off season so not sure how others have improved due to computer issues.

Answer:

Spoiler

well, I broke my computer and phone case so just chalk another one up for me.

4. @animal74, former Prague Phantoms got drafted by Malmo with his new player. How will you be when you will play against him for the first time?

Answer:

Spoiler

I don't focus too much on other teams players as I tend to look after my own game and hope the teams game follows. 

5. With only one pick in the entire draft, Prague drafted Nicholas Mariani with the 43rd pick and he already showed us good things in our locker room. Any message for the new Phantom's prospect?

Answer:

Spoiler

Welcome to the team and keep working hard as the VHL is very different from the VHLM. Also look forward to chatting once the computer gets fixed. 

6. Do you think that Mikko Lahtinen will still be at the top of the league after being traded to London?

Answer:

Spoiler

No, but not due to being on London but due to his up and down career tendencies. He should be top 5 easily still. 

Edited by Gaikoku-hito

4 minutes ago, Gaikoku-hito said:

Answer: Two different thoughts on the signing; congratulations to the team on two new siging and welcome to the team but isn't these two signing taking away ice time from our star players with two rookies on the team this season as well? This gives us ten forwards meaning our fourth line isn't the typical repeat of the first line that most other teams employee

Answer: Sadly, I would love to be optimistic but the fact we were likely the four or even fifth best team down the stretch last season means we will most likely be fighting for the playoffs again this season with Riga so we are looking at third or fourth in our conference. Must say I haven't paid much attention to this off season so not sure how others have improved due to computer issues.

Answer: well, I broke my computer and phone case so just chalk another one up for me.

4. @animal74, former Prague Phantoms got drafted by Malmo with his new player. How will you be when you will play against him for the first time?

Answer: I don't focus too much on other teams players as I tend to look after my own game and hope the teams game follows. 

5. With only one pick in the entire draft, Prague drafted Nicholas Mariani with the 43rd pick and he already showed us good things in our locker room. Any message for the new Phantom's prospect?

Answer: Welcome to the team and keep working hard as the VHL is very different from the VHLM. Also look forward to chatting once the computer gets fixed. 

6. Do you think that Mikko Lahtinen will still be at the top of the league after being traded to London?

Answer: No, but not due to being on London but due to his up and down career tendencies. He should be top 5 easily still. 

Can't wait to chat with as well, hope to learn a lot and keep building that good LR vibes!

1. We managed to bring home 2 free agents this season. Brian Strong Junior and Xavier Leflamant. What is your thought about that? - Going into my seventh season, luring in free agents that weren't already connected to the team is something that really didn't happen before. To have two in one off-season... that's big. It signals a shift in outside opinions in that Prague is a desirable place to play and contend. It's a big moment for the franchise. 

2. With Moscow and Malmo now in a rebuild, we can say this season will surely change the power ranking in the europe conference. Give us your prediction, what position do you think Prague will be in the Europe conference standings? - As long as it's at least fifth, I don't care. Punching our ticket to the playoffs is all that matters. 

3. Someone broke our player stat bot in the discord, who is guilty? - Kisslinger, dude's always messing with that thing!

4. @animal74, former Prague Phantoms got drafted by Malmo with his new player. How will you be when you will play against him for the first time? - He's very familiar with the team and our style of play, and Deathwalker is built well to roll with it. He's gonna be out to disrupt our game, but we have a roster full of guys ready to take him on!

5. With only one pick in the entire draft, Prague drafted Nicholas Mariani with the 43rd pick and he already showed us good things in our locker room. Any message for the new Phantom's prospect? - He's a perfect fit for this team, it feels like he's been one of the boys forever instead of just a weekend. Very hard worker too, and I hope he can keep it going, because I would love to get to play with him for my final season next year!

6. Do you think that Mikko Lahtinen will still be at the top of the league after being traded to London? - Oh yeah, Mikko is way too good to not be. London still has a quality roster, and adding Lahtinen to it means both will do well this season.