Prague Phantoms Press Conference

Jbeezy76

10 minutes ago, Jbeezy76 said:

1) How do you like playing home games at O2 Arena in Prague?

Love it! The fans are truly amazing here in Prague . Can’t really understand what they’re saying but it’s dope!

2) Is there any songs/ or bands you would like to hear on faceoffs? Or even during warm ups?

Anything offspring, gets the blood flowing

3) Are you happy with your performance thus far this season? and why?

Kinda, I feel like I could be better but I’m happy with my overall play.

4) Who’s your favorite goalie in the NHL?

Carey Price

5)In your opinion, what NHL team has the best NHL logo ? & why?

I have always loved the rangers logo personally 

6) Predict how many goals you will score this season!

Idk I was really shooting for 25 but anywhere  between 15-20 I’d be happy with

It's amazing, the fans are always loud for this exciting new team.

2) Is there any songs/ or bands you would like to hear on faceoffs? Or even during warm ups?

I think the team should find a song together to have a song

I expected to be up against some better defense so I think my points have been decent, but my defense has been bad for recently working on it.

Bias aside, probably a guy like Lundqvist, he seems like a great guy on and off the ice.

Sharks. No reason needed. :)

I think 30 goals would be a great goal to hit as a rookie.

1) How do you like playing home games at O2 Arena in Prague? It’s a gorgeous facility I love it. 

2) Is there any songs/ or bands you would like to hear on faceoffs? Or even during warm ups? Anything hard and rockin. 

3) Are you happy with your performance thus far this season? and why? I am not happy about only having 7 goals. But I do lead the team in assists so that is still a good contribution. 

4) Who’s your favorite goalie in the NHL? I like Binnington. 

5)In your opinion, what NHL team has the best NHL logo ? & why? I love my St. Louis Blues logo. Cuz I love Blue and music. 

6) Predict how many goals you will score this season! I will hope to score at least 20

1) How do you like playing home games at O2 Arena in Prague?

it is really nice. I like playing here in Prague and even though we’re an expansion team, the spirit and banter from the Czech fans has been great. I couldn’t ask for a better home rink atmosphere. When Hasek is in the house, oh man, the crowd loses it. 

I’m not too much of a music fan and I often don’t even pay attention to what’s being pumped in through the PA system during warmups. But if I had to choose one song, I’d definitely go with “Who Let the Dogs Out” by Baha Boys. It isn’t aggressive and it might not appeal to everybody, but oh man, just listening to that gets my blood flowing and I’m ready to go crazy like the dogs. 

I think I had a slow start to the season and the same could be said for the team. But it seems like we’ve really picked up the pace and gone with the flow a lot better lately. We’re scoring goals and we’re trying our best on defense. I haven’t really tracked stats lately but I can imagine I’m doing my part to the best of my abilities. 

Henrik Lundqvist. I’m a Rangers fan so gotta go with the hometown guy. He’s been the model of consistency for so long and I admire his attitude. But I remember growing up watching videos of Martin Brodeur who was equally just as awesome even if he was a Devil. 

The Rangers logo is pretty dope cconsidering it’s original and hasn’t gone through much changes. But thinking of modern logos, I like the Minnesota Wild’s logo - it is very nice, simple and I love the forest within the logo. Definitely a keeper. 

i am hoping for maybe 15. Double digits would be the expectation, 15 would be great. Let’s see if this ends up being true. 

On 9/30/2019 at 11:13 AM, Jbeezy76 said:

1. Perfectly cromulent.

2. I've always felt that Queen's Stone Cold Crazy should be a fixture in most hockey games... so, that.

3. At first, I felt I was racking up too many PIMs, but now, with as high as they've gotten, I figured I should just embrace it and go for the record.

4. Gotta go with the guy in net for my team, Jones.

5. Hartford Whalers - Past. SJ Sharks - Present.

6. Gonna go with a solid 10.

The atmosphere and the fans at home are just absolutely phenomenal and it makes that rink extra fun to play in. 

We like to party by that one 90s group, can't remember. It's upbeat and brings me back memories of the dancing old guy in the old six flags commercials. Just an overall fun song to play.

Well I still have parts of my game that I'd like to refine of course. Per example I want to keep working at getting faster and stronger on my skates but overall i'm content with my play this season as it is my rookie season here in the vhl. I'd rather not be -13 on the season however...

I've always liked Jaro Halak 

Honestly I miss the old Panther's logo with the jaguar biting a stick in half that logo was awesome! Today however, that's a tough one... I guess the Blackhawk's logo is pretty iconic and it's not racist as fuck like the Redskins ha ha. 

6) Predict how many goals you will score this season

Well if this was asked at the beginning of the season I would've said 10 but considering i'm 1 shy from being there already i'll go with 18.

On 9/30/2019 at 2:13 PM, Jbeezy76 said:

1) It's been great. The home crowd always gets us pumped up, and it is always a packed house.

2) It like to here some shipping up to Boston. What song could get you more fired up than that?

3) It's been a building year for the team, but I think my player has done pretty well. If he picks it up a little he might be able to finish the year at a point per game pace.

4) Tuukka Rask

5) Boston Bruins. It's a classic, but I might be a bit biased.

6) 25

1) What hockey style do you play ? Sniper, 2 way, grinder/enforcer, playmaker,etc etc. ?

2) Did you model your created player resembling any NHL player? If so who?

3) Do you think we should have an Alternate Jersey ?

4) What’s the latest you stay up during the week? 

5) How many assists will you end up with by years end? 

6) We have 15 games left. How many games will we win in those final games?

1)What hockey style do you play ? Sniper, 2 way, grinder/enforcer, playmaker,etc etc. ?

Im a 2 way right winger with a physical edge. 

Not really I just made a player based on a fictional supernatural character from a great film. But I re-created the character to see what he might do after the film was over. 

Yes I would love to see an Alternate just for shits n grins. 

I stay up late most of the time. 

Hopefully 50 

6) We have 15 games left. How many games will we win in those final games?

I say we win 9 more. 

1) What hockey style do you play ? Sniper, 2 way, grinder/enforcer, playmaker,etc etc. ?

I'm pretty offensively minded. I like to score and create for others.

Not anyone in particular, but Dredge probably resembles a Kevin Labanc type player, very offensively tilted.

Not that big of a deal for me. If someone wants to do it, I'll support it.

As long as it takes to fall asleep lol.

I predict about 40.

I'd be happy going .500 for these last games.

3 hours ago, Jbeezy76 said:

1) What hockey style do you play ? Sniper, 2 way, grinder/enforcer, playmaker,etc etc. ? I’d say playmaker working My way  towards two way player

2) Did you model your created player resembling any NHL player? If so who? No, just decided to push harder into passing stats.

3) Do you think we should have an Alternate Jersey ? Yes, grey(Or silver) with purple lining.

4) What’s the latest you stay up during the week?  Midnight maybe a little later

5) How many assists will you end up with by years end? In VHLM for the Aces I’m hoping to get to 50.

6) We have 15 games left. How many games will we win in those final games? I think we win 3 to 5

6 hours ago, Jbeezy76 said:

Well Im going for more of a physical shutdown defenseman with a decent shot. 

Well closest comparison I could give out would be a Zdeno Chara player without the vertical advantage.

Not really a need but i'm down for it.

I'm more of a early riser than I am a night owl. I tend to go to bed between 9-11pm. 

Not sure really I seem to be more of a streaky player offensively, I guess i could try to grab a few more assists and get 25.

All 15

On 10/10/2019 at 3:37 PM, Jbeezy76 said:

i try to be a sniper, but my player seems determined to be a playmaker this season

Brendan Gallagher, Heart and some of the team and never gives up on a play

yes! That would be sick

Between 12-1

Hopefully 30-35, that would be dope

idk probably 4-5, it’s a rebuild year so it’s a long process

I am a responsible Offensive defenseman.

I didn't use anyone in the NHL, but I am trying to emulate a very good defenseman in the VHL.

Only if it bring some luck to Prague.

10 pm is my time to rest. 

I would love to break 60 but that is just a dream.

I think this team is capable of winning against several teams. I would guess you will split.

On 10/10/2019 at 2:37 PM, Jbeezy76 said:

1.) I try to be a playmaker who can play both ways. It’s really important that you play defense here in the VHL because if you don’t, you’re digging your own grave here. At the same time, I want to be an asset to our team’s growing offense, so it’s a delicate balance for me. 

2) No, I did not try to emulate any NHL player. Over in Iceland where I come from,  we strive to be the best Icelandic hockey player, and that’s in every aspect of the game.

3) No it is still too early in our franchise history to be donning alternate jerseys. Give us maybe 5 seasons or so - our logo is still Awesome so no modifications is needed yet. 

4.) I don’t stay up past 10pm. In Iceland, that’s as dark as you can get. You benefit more from working on your body and game early in the morning than at nights. But there are some night games so I try to go to bed as soon as I can after games.

5.) I am hoping for 30, but we’ll see about that. 

6.) 5-8 games would be great, but that might be a stretch by itself. I just hope we are able to finish strong and build on that success for next year. 

On 10/10/2019 at 2:37 PM, Jbeezy76 said:

1) I play a two way game. In the minors I used to think that scoring was my strength, but my numbers lead to show that I am more of a passer now.

2) I didn't model my game after anyone, but I would like to think that I play like Patrice Bergeron.

3) Absolutely! I might be able to design one...

4) Eleven

5) 45 hopefully

6) If we can go .500 then I will be happy. It is all about improving with such a young team.

NEW QUESTIONS

1) With the season basically over, do you feel like you underperformed/overperformed or just simply meet expectations this season?

2) What should the team focus on improving looking forward to next season?

3) Do you have any ideas for names for our mascot, the rhino?

4) How healthy is the team locker room right now?

5) Do you have any offseason hobbies? Ex:golf

6)How do you commute to the games, and if you drive what do you drive?

5 minutes ago, Sebster03 said:

NEW QUESTIONS

1) With the season basically over, do you feel like you underperformed/overperformed or just simply meet expectations this season?

I feel like I overperformed with some parts of my game like my offensive numbers which sorta match up to my VHLM numbers. But, I underperformed when it comes to keep pucks away from our net as i'm still over -20 in the plus/minus catagory...

We should really focus more on our play away from the puck as we're caught puck watching a lot, but that'll come with experience. We should also focus on being more discipline as I feel like we take way too many penalties, myself included.

Horny?

Oh we're doing good everyone has gotten along real good since the beginning. It helps that we're all new here so nobody is really left out and we're all just trying to make our own impact on this team. 

I'm really into fishing during and after the season. It's just kinda relaxes me and gets me in touch with nature and my inner self. Else than that I try to keep in shape by participating in like triathlons and go out for swim laps every day. 

Well depends where i'm at. If we're playing at home i'll more often than not drive to the games in my classic 1987 BMW M3 elsewhere i'll cab it, in canada i'd probably rent a car to visit people or go fish but i lost my license there last year so yeah....  dont drive under the influence

On 10/14/2019 at 9:24 PM, Sebster03 said:

NEW QUESTIONS

I feel like I’ve had an okay rookie season. But I’m gonna come back hungrier next year!

defence and goaltending. With growth from everyone and the addition of a couple more young guns we could definitely be a lot better.

Randy

pretty healthy, there’s no real cancer in the lockeroom. Everyone gets along well.

Street hockey, Drinking

either walk or drive my new Macleren

1) With the season basically over, do you feel like you underperformed/overperformed or just simply meet expectations this season?

I had a slow start but now I’m 2nd in Points and only 3 away from 20 goals. I have 40 assists which is 2nd on the team. I obviously want to score me goals next season.

Basically everyone needs to stay active and build TPE. 

Im still confused by the Rhino thing? Lol But it would make more sense to be a creepy Phantom mascot. 

Besides the Vaseline splattered everywhere you go from Laughton the locker room is pretty good. ? 

I love getting lost in the wilderness and just building fires and being peaceful with a hot Czech babe. 

I drive a classic muscle car! Its a 1969 GTO RamAir 4 with 370 BHP 

I think I kind of exceeded expectations this season. I put together a 45-assist season and 175 shot blocks. That's not too bad for a rookie defenseman on an expansion team that wasn't expected to do much this season. I think I've been undervaluing my defense for a long time and it didn't really show in the VHLM, maybe because of the system that we play. So this is a welcome turn of events. I look forward to more next season. 

I think we just need to continue to build for success, have all the guys working together toward the common good, and that's to bring Prague Phantoms to the top of the standings. Maybe a couple of depth pieces would be nice so we don't have to depend on BOTs to fill out the roster. A better goalie would be perfect. 

I think we should just call it The Rhino. In Czech, the word is Nosorožci so we could call it that. 

I think everybody is cool with each other and with themselves. We're all comfortable naked around each other, so that's a big step forward. 

I think I'll go back to Iceland for a bit, hang out with some of my old friends around the ice rink that we all grew up on. Maybe do a little ice fishing if there's time. But in the offseason, there's no off. We all have to continue to work on our games. 

I ride a bicycle to work. It's a nice way for me to keep my legs active and lively. I'm an environmentalist myself and this bike is zero-emissions - win-win for me and Mother Earth. 

Willie needs some improvement

Our core is there, just keep improving.

Ricky

Team is gelling well.

Willie hits the gym.

Willie drives a Volkswagen Bus to the games.

On 10/18/2019 at 2:59 PM, sjs88speed said:

Willie needs some improvement

Our core is there, just keep improving.

Ricky

Team is gelling well.

Willie hits the gym.

Willie drives a Volkswagen Bus to the games.

Next time lengthen your answers a little bit, please. :)

1-5 words for some answers, which isn't ideal.

Alright better late than never i guess. Heres some questions boys get that tpe.

1. In your opinion what do you need to do/change the most this offseason to be able to improve come next season?

2. Where do you hail from? and name me one thing you like about your hometown.

3. Are you happy currently with where the team is going? 

4. Do you feel like you deserve more ice time next season?

5. Who was your favourite personality this past season in your locker room?

6. Any big plans for the offseason? Will you be attending to any event? (ex: charity golf tournaments, festivals, parties, concerts, sports events)

1. In your opinion what do you need to do/change the most this offseason to be able to improve come next season?

As a offensively minded forward, There is much to work on.

2. Where do you hail from? and name me one thing you like about your hometown.

Willie hails from Boston, and enjoys the city and taking a stroll at night.

3. Are you happy currently with where the team is going? 

Were a rebuilding team with a good core that is getting better, I like where we are going.

4. Do you feel like you deserve more ice time next season?

I think I have to earn more ice time, a disappointing season for Dredge.

5. Who was your favourite personality this past season in your locker room?

Perrin always has a good attitude going into games, keeps the locker room light.

6. Any big plans for the offseason? Will you be attending to any event? (ex: charity golf tournaments, festivals, parties, concerts, sports events)

Dredge and a couple teammates plan on attending some festivals together during this offseason.