Prague Phantoms Press Conference

Jbeezy76

1. With locker room activity being the hot topic in the league right now, how would you rate Prague's locker room activity this season?  (I myself  give it a 6.5/10 or 7/10, we kinda slowed down lately)

Answer:

Spoiler

This is a hard question to ask since it will all be related to how active you, yourself are in the Locker room or how you compare it to other locker rooms during your experience in the VHL or VHLM. I know when I first joined the league I was with Minnesota under Rayzor and Hatter but at the end of the day we were not an active bunch since they had traded all players away for draft picks for an season 76 run at the Championship and I was almost really the only one in the locker room. Then compared to my Season 75 run with the Philadelphia Reapers with DMaximus and Bobo, where we did make a run for the Founders' Cup winning the cup as we had a hyper active locker room with a ton of conversations about bids, lines etc.... I remember even putting Bobo name forward to be the AGM as he was a hyper active user in the locker room and had done a ton of scouting for the team leading to the S75 Championship. So how do I rate this locker room? It is actually a very good locker room as it is active and I have read/been apart of some very interesting conversation. While it is actually myself that is less active due to real life aspect taking up more and more of my time. Not not swamped but it does mean that this game takes a back seat more.

Spoiler

So overall rating? 8/10 as I think there are ways to engage the team more but at the end of the day it is real people playing a game so hard to fault anyone for not talking every day or on topics they know little about

2. The VHL trade deadline is coming next Monday, can you try to predict a move that will happen in the league?

Answer:

Spoiler

I don't have a pulse on the league so I am going to say that we will see some FA players moved from weaker teams out of the play-off spots as they look to gather picks and expect some veteran players also to be moved from these teams.

3. What is your thought on the Taylor Hall trade in the NHL?

Answer:

Spoiler

Very good for Buffalo as I have never been a fan of Hall as I always thought he was over-rated. Sadly for Buffalo Hall should improve his play now that he is playing for a team that he wants to play for in Boston but as rental, it is hard to see how this made Boston a better team considering his track record. He will also have a hard time signing a new contract next season since I wouldn't pay him anything close to 5M let alone the 7-9M that he will most likely be looking for. I expect some silly team will take a chance on him at a reduced salary.

Spoiler

Sadly San Jose comes to mind for some reason but that we be a huge mistake for them.

4. Which NHL team won the trade deadline? (if you answer before the deadline, just answer with who is currently winning it)

Answer:

Spoiler

No such thing as a winner or loser at the trade deadlines since Managers are simply moving contracts now a days rather the players since an FA or RFA with expiring contract is always going to be moved unless the team is still in the play-off picture. Team acquiring the players are doing so with no intention of resigning the player; unless they are an RFA player as they view them as an asset while to trading team either doesn't have the salary or doesn't value that player as much as others in their system.

5. Since Bouchard really liked the puppy question last week, we decided get a kitten as well, what is its name?

Answer:

Spoiler

Well, I am looking at a long haired black kitten that would be named "Shadow"; which I already had in real life and it was a great name as he would hunt you when the lights went off and your feet were never safe. Funny when you turned off the light and turned them back on quickly you could track his process towards you until he got smart as he got older and would start hiding right away. Never knew when or if he was going to attack you feet/legs in a dark room. Dependent on his mood. 

6. What do you think of fights in hockey? Should it be banned?

Answer:

Spoiler

I am old school so I understand that fights used to keep players honest. You didn't see cheap shots or players flying around like they do today since they would have to answer the bell for doing so.

Edited by Gaikoku-hito

1. Mikko Lahtinen announced his retirement this morning, who is gonna be the next great one?

2. This sunday, we acquired Fat Paloon from Moscow who will improve our defensive squad, do you think that we now have what it takes to go far in the playoffs?

3. We are currently having a bit of trouble winning our games lately, what do you think we could do to win more games?

4. Summer is coming soon, do you have any vacations planned yet?

5. Ovechkin or Crosby?

6. Let's say that the team wanted to watch the funniest movie and we ask you to select that movie, which one is it?

3 minutes ago, Domg5 said:

1. Mikko Lahtinen announced his retirement this morning, who is gonna be the next great one?

2. This sunday, we acquired Fat Paloon from Moscow who will improve our defensive squad, do you think that we now have what it takes to go far in the playoffs?

3. We are currently having a bit of trouble winning our games lately, what do you think we could do to win more games?

5. Ovechkin or Crosby?

6. Let's say that the team wanted to watch the funniest movie and we ask you to select that movie, which one is it?

1. The thing about the next Great One, is there really is no predicting it. I'm sure we could sit here and speculate, but the only one who can tell, is Time

2. I think we had it before, and a little bit of extra defensive bulk should help us down the stretch.

3. I think we could try one of two things, either A) we score more goals or B) we allow fewer goals

4. No, but I wish. I'm only 1/2 vaccinated, but once the needle goes in for the 2nd time I'll be making summer plans lol

5. As an Islanders fan who has watched both of these hockey players kick the crap out of my team for 15 years, Crosby

6. I think the team would appreciate a showing of Dodgeball: A True Underdog story. Sometimes you can't beat the classics from the early 2000s!

On 4/19/2021 at 10:09 AM, Domg5 said:

5. Ovechkin or Crosby?

1. I am not totally sure. Whoever steps up and fills the shoes I guess.

2. Makes us way better, we gave up a prospect in our best year to potentially win so I think it is a steal for us.

3. Not jump the gun and get to excited we started off hot, but I think that is the problem. We expected so much we are getting a little ahead of ourselves.

4. No vacations, just work!

5. Ovi- goal scoring and physical capabilities for sure, but Crosby the rest, so Crosby.

6. I honestly do not watch a lot of comedy, but That's my boy is a pretty funny movie.

On 4/12/2021 at 8:16 AM, BarzalGoat said:

2. Oh man, you're really putting us on the spot here... How about Luke Thornton? Best forward on the worst team in the NA conference should always be in trade conversations, right?

Nahhh. Best forward on the hottest team in the NA conference since the TDL babyyy

1 hour ago, Jtv123 said:

Nahhh. Best forward on the hottest team in the NA conference since the TDL babyyy

OMG what kind of name searching voodoo did you do to end up in a week+ old post in the Prague pressers lol

32 minutes ago, BarzalGoat said:

OMG what kind of name searching voodoo did you do to end up in a week+ old post in the Prague pressers lol

Ahahaha sometimes. I look up "Thornton" in the search thing and see if some people had me included on some of their stuff that I probably would not notice in the feeds hehehehe

I can definitely see Duncan Idaho or Paul Atreides making a name for themselves. 

2. This sunday, we acquired Fat Palloon from Moscow who will improve our defensive squad, do you think that we now have what it takes to go far in the playoffs?

I really think we have a good chance to make it pretty far in the playoffs.

We could shift the 3rd D line to a more defense oriented playstyle could help reduce GA.

I'm thinking of going out to Denver.

5. Ovechkin or Crosby?

OVI.

The Birdcage would be my choice.

5. Ovechkin or Crosby?

1.) Whoever STHS blesses, and that can be anyone's guess. On a somewhat more serious answer, it's really hard to tell, since your stats are also a product of the team environment that you're on....unless you've been blessed by STHS.

2.) Defensive depth is always nice for the playoffs. We don't necessarily have the star power to carry games, so we'll have to win with our depth.

3.) We need to score more goals than our opponents. Thanks John (Madden).

4.) Nah, no vacation for us this year. Bought a house in January and are getting married in July (hopefully having the wedding in July, we'll see) so money is going there. With the travel situation, probably not doing a honeymoon this year either.

5.) So this is a very interesting question that I'm going to answer two different ways. As a player, Crosby is the better overall player, and I don't really think that's debatable. HOWEVER, in terms of who's overall game is harder to replicate, I think it's Ovechkin. Consistent goal scoring like Ovechkin is so hard to find. I'd rather have a "lesser" Crosby type player on my team and Ovechkin than a lesser Ovechkin type player and Crosby.

6.) Not a huge comedy guy and don't really find adult/crude humor terribly funny in movies, so my pick is Shrek or Shrek 2.

Answer:

Spoiler

This is a hard to say since it depends so much on different factors like team mates, minutes played and just shit luck on the sim side so I am going to say I don't know.

Answer:

Spoiler

I am realist so I am going to say anything can happen but other teams improved more so it will be very hard to get through the Wild card game once again and then get past Warsaw but anything can happen should we make it past Warsaw ......

Answer:

Spoiler

Stick with it as I think we were also playing our back-up to hit the league min for the games that he must play. So I am not worried as I shut it down about a week ago getting the body ready of the play-offs. Sadly we dropped to the wild card spot again. But we have this...

Answer:

Spoiler

Funny that Summer isn't when school is off here in Japan as we already had or break a few weeks ago but I do get two month due to it being too hot for me to teach as a foreign teacher. So I am not sure what I am going to do yet as I still have Golden Week at the start of next week. I had plans to head to the beach and maybe a Castle towards the central Japan but my wife has the last say in anything we do. I am just the driver.

5. Ovechkin or Crosby?

Answer:

Spoiler

Being the age that I am I actually have played with both players, player Ovechkin and Malkin in a tournament in BC before I moved to NS; where I would meet up with them again part of Russia preparation for the World Juniors. And Crosby came out to practice with my midget team when he was 12-13yrs old. He was a sponge for information and did everything until he had perfected it. So I am bias and will say Crosby but due to the fact that he worked on his game a lot and when I meet him he wasn't a dominate player (at least on the ice against boys my age (three years older or four)) He wasn't the most talented player that I have been on the ice with but good everything and if he wasn't he work on it. Ovechkin was very one dimensional player skate as fast as he could over powering the defender and simply trying to over power the goaltender with his shot (always glove high coming down the wing or as he cut to the middle of the ice) and that stupid one time off the top of the circle. He has a great shot and can beat any goalie but is a bit predictable. 

Answer:

Spoiler

Ah, now I remember why I am answer this week old questions. Zenon: Girl of the 21st Century as it is so stupid that you cannot take it seriously and you will by the end of the movie find yourself say that stupid catch phrase without even noticing bring about many days, weeks or joy if watched as a group and you can bank on at least one member a day quoting the catch phrase bring everyone to their knees with laugher. I also hate that movie but good fun afterwards. "Zedis Lapedis"

1. Its playoffs time! How many sweep we will see this season?

2. Are you right-handed or left-handed when you play hockey?

3. Do you miss the sound of a fully crowded arena?

4. They finally changed the logo of the Mexico City Kings, which team should be the next one to change its logo? (VHL AND VHLM)

5. What is the best jersey in the NHL? Past and present.

6. What is the worse jersey in the NHL? Past and present.

1. Its playoffs time! How many sweep we will see this season? - For the sake of the fans, hopefully not too many. Part of the allure of playoff hockey is the drama of a close series, where every shot could change everything. As a player... you love sweeps when you're on the winning end. 

2. Are you right-handed or left-handed when you play hockey? - Right-handed, although I guess I'm not terrible lefty, but definitely not as natural. 

3. Do you miss the sound of a fully crowded arena? - Honestly, the limited number of fans do a hell of a job making up for it, but the roar of a full house is absolutely special. 

4. They finally changed the logo of the Mexico City Kings, which team should be the next one to change its logo? (VHL AND VHLM) - I wouldn't mind seeing Halifax switch to their alternate logo with the anchor, it's gorgeous. 

5. What is the best jersey in the NHL? Past and present. - That's not a Flyers sweater... the Hartford Whalers. Really unique and special uniforms. 

6. What is the worse jersey in the NHL? Past and present. - The original Phoenix Coyotes or the Anaheim Ducks Reverse Retros, yikes. 

• Commissioner

Probably 1 or 2, Who knows though. Teams are a lot closer than they've ever been.

Right handed

Of course, nothing like getting the crowd involved

4. They finally changed the logo of the Mexico City Kings, which team should be the next one to change its logo? (VHL AND VHLM)

I think the New York Americans need a refresh and the Minnesota Storm

The Canucks Skate is a pretty great jersey

Anything with the Atlanta Thrashers..

On 4/26/2021 at 10:05 AM, Domg5 said:

not many, teams are good and it makes it super interesting.

right handed is the only way.

Yeah, the fans make it feel way better for the players.

Ottawa, I feel like the lynx logo could be way cooler.

RR blackhawks jersey.

The green toronto jerseys are bad, same with the rr montreal jersey.

I think we'll see one to 2 sweeps. 

I am a righty. Finding sticks can suck sometimes.

Not really. I honestly don't notice it on broadcasts.

I think the storm could use a change. For the VHL, Riga would be my first choice.

My personal favorite are the new caps alternates.

The Dallas jerseys in the early 2010s were god awful.

1.) Hopefully 4 - us sweeping our opponent 4 times. Since I'm writing this after we were eliminated...obvoiusly this didn't happen.

2.) I use a right handed stick and put my dominant (right) hand on the bottom. Apparently you're supposed to put your dominant hand on top, but oh well.

3.) Yes, although it still wouldn't have been full in Philly. With how the team has been (both this year and in the past decade) they're not even selling out the 2,000 or so tickets available.

4.) Hm....I think Helsinki could maybe use an upgrade, and in the VHLM...maybe the Wild or Lynx, but those logos are also getting into "historical" territory for me.

5.) Outside of the Flyers, I like the Kings home jersey and the Sabres logo/jerseys for current, and for past, I like the Whalers and the yellow Nashville ones.

6.) Worst current jersey is the Senators and all time is probably the weird "V" Vancouver ones.

Answer:

Spoiler

I am going to say one or two sweeps most but then again  I am answering these after the play-off have started so I already know one has happened. Sweeps are hard to come by since the league is very balanced.

Answer:

Spoiler

I am left-handed but I am Ambidexterity as I found it fun when I was kid to do everything both ways. I can catch, throw and swing everything both ways but I prefer left as I am simply more natural this way.

Answer:

Spoiler

Yes, Nothing greater then hearing a crowd react to the play. I guess I am luck that I don't watch much hockey live since I am living in Japan but It is hard to watch at times like last years play-offs as it came across like a beer league but with very good players.

Answer:

Spoiler

Tough question since I have never really consider who could change a logo. Let me go look and consider who needs an update. Okay, This was easier then I thought as Miami Marauders clearly need a new logo since it doesn't even come to what Marauders actually means in the sense that a Marauder is person or group that move place to place attacking others looking for plunder. Okay, that does describe a pirate but not the anchor. The Anchor need to be removed from the logo.

Answer:

Spoiler

New York Islands Captain Fishlander Jerseys with the normal NY Islanders logo is very sharp color. I also think of Florida Panthers when they first joined the league and Ducks new throw back with the black and teal. But number #1 will be the NA jersey from the World cup a few years back. Even team Europe had a good jersey.

Answer:

Spoiler

I am actually answering this Jersey question first since it is really easy. Vancouver Canucks Salmon jersey with the Red top and black bottom with the flying skate logo. Vancouver has had some very ugly jerseys through the years under the Orca bay company. The Golden Seals also had bad Jerseys.

Late Pressers for this week:

1. Helsinki vs Seattle in finals, who win?

2. Did you watch the new serie Shadow and Bone on Netlfix? If yes, is it good?

3. What are your thoughts on the Tom Wilson events in the NHL lately?

4. @Mistxh J has been named GM of team USA for the WJC, are you gonna cheer for him?

5. Which NHL team has the best mascot?

6. What sport do you like to play during summer?

1. Helsinki vs Seattle in finals, who win? - VHL history suggests the Bears, but my gut says Helsinki. We'll see which was right. 

2. Did you watch the new serie Shadow and Bone on Netlfix? If yes, is it good? - I haven't... no idea what it even is. 

3. What are your thoughts on the Tom Wilson events in the NHL lately? - I love old time hockey, but what Wilson did shouldn't be a part of the game today, and the Department of Player Safety made a horrific lapse in judgement with their decision. In my opinion, he should be done for the rest of the season and playoffs, but it just feels like the Capitals are being thrown a bone here, especially for a guy with a history to get virtually nothing while other guys with no history are getting suspended for far less egregious incidents. 

4. @Mistxh J has been named GM of team USA for the WJC, are you gonna cheer for him? - Absolutely!! It's a friend AND he's GMing Team USA, there's no way I couldn't be in his corner for this!!

5. Which NHL team has the best mascot? - It's Gritty, hands down. Much love for Youppi as well. 

6. What sport do you like to play during summer? - Football and baseball are the way to go for me.

On 5/5/2021 at 8:55 PM, Domg5 said:

Helsinki

I have not.

Kinda crazy how they punish the Rangers more than they do Tom Wilson.

4. @Mistxh J has been named GM of team USA for the WJC, are you gonna cheer for him?

Nope. CANADA BABY WOOH.

Penguins.

Golf

On 5/5/2021 at 7:55 PM, Domg5 said:

1.  I want to say Helsinki because that's who I picked to win. But Seattle is no joke and this series easily could go either way.

2. I have not watched it yet. Since I found out the league and always Sunny in Philadelphia are on Disney+ I haven't watched much of anything else haha.

3. I mean guy is a repeat offender. I think parros got the call right though. He's a guy that you hate but would love to have on your team.

4. I wish him lots of luck in his new role here as gm of team USA! But, it's Canada all the way baby!

5. I think any other answer that gritty is wrong. It's a mascot made purely from spite. Doesn't get much better than that!

6. I play beer league hockey all summer. Hopefully this year we'll play again but I'm not going to hold my breath.

I'd say that Helsinki is the probable winner.

I have not watched that series yet

He should've been suspended for what he did to Panarin.

I will cheer for him.

Philadelphia. No question.

Street hockey is my favorite.

Answer:

Spoiler

I had the Bears in six but they decided that I couldn't have an uncapped TPE this week for my guesses. Actually everything almost went wrong in my guessing as I only got one right. Other then the Bears winning.

Answer:

Spoiler

Nope and never heard of it. Even if it does come to Japan it will be five years from now. Hard to stay up today when everything needs translated and takes years before it becomes available here. Still cannot watch movies or shows from four years ago when I left Canada as I have seen majority of them. There are a few companies that translate quicker like Universal and Sonny Pictures.

Answer:

Spoiler

What he didn't wasn't dirty when comparing this to normal cheap shots but it looks worse since it was clearly late and caught on camera. What he did to Panarin was complete uncalled for from a standpoint of a star player being slammed like that but remove Panarin from that situation and place someone you don't consider a star and I think most would be laughing at the situation. Sadly New York had no answer for Wilson.

Answer:

Spoiler

Nope, As I am Canadian so that is only team I can cheer for. I hope he wins silver .....

Answer:

Spoiler

Montreal because I don't think anyone knows what the heck that is!! Worse is Toronto with a White Teddy Bear; but I guess it is a good symbol of how soft they are.

Answer:

Spoiler

I actually don't like playing too many sports in the summer as I find it too hot. I tend to swim or hike in the summer depending where I am. Most times both as one of my favorite trips in Japan was climbing an mountain then swimming in a waterfall pool once I was done hiking. It was some 40 degree and I was complete done with the heat.

1.) I think Seattle will win. No rhyme or reason, just a gut feeling I have. Really going out on a limb.

2.) I have not. Currently, the fiancee and I are watching Everyone Loves Raymond.

3.) Its absolutely disgusting that Wilson didnt come away from those incidents with a lengthy suspension. I applaud the NHL for a lot, but from a disciplinary standpoint, they are easily the worst league in NA.

4.) Of course! I always hope the USA does well in international events. 

5.) Its Gritty and anyonr with a different answer is lying.

6.) Most people will say golf, but I play tennis. Keeps me in shape more and moving around.