Prague Phantoms Press Conference

Jbeezy76

1 hour ago, Domg5 said:

Pressers for the week ending on September 26th:

1. What is the best movie trilogy?

Star Wars Original Trilogy and I am prepared to die on this hill.

2. What do you team of our S80 draft?

I team very highly of this draft and I think we did great things with the picks we had to fill our needs.

3. Are you confident for S80?

The prospect pool is full to bursting and I feel great things ahead honestly.

4. Hockey is finally coming back soon and its the time of the year where the prospects gets to shine, is there any prospect you are excited for?

As for the VHL, me. On the big screen I can't wait for Juuse Saros to truly come into his own even though he technically isn't a prospect anymore

5. Let's start a debate! Salt or sugar?

Salt! Good seasoning has really helped my overall health recently. I'll take a well seasoned turkey burger over a milkshake any day.

6. What did you think of this offseason?

I am ready for the E and I have a plethora of TPE saved up and I am giddy to spend them all. I just hope I have some good linemates to use my play making skills on.

On 9/19/2021 at 11:47 PM, Domg5 said:

Pressers for the week ending on September 26th:

4. Hockey is finally coming back soon and its the time of the year where the prospects gets to shine, is there any prospect you are excited for?

1. I know it is not a trilogy, but Harry Potter's is the best series even made in my opinion.

2. We did not have a lot of pick, but i am very happy of our selections.

3. I am currently playing with Rome in the VHLE and i really believe in our chance to win the Cup.

4. I am an Habs fan, so i will obviously follow Cole Caufield and i hope that he will do good this season.

5. Sugar 100%

6. I am happy that i got drafted in the VHLE, but other than that the off-season was pretty quiet for me.

• Commissioner

Oof that's a hard one.. I might have to go with Christopher Nolans Batman trilogy or Star Wars.

I imagine this says think of our S80 draft, I think it was a good one. We'll see what happens. 

Sure.. Not much else to do but sit back and wait.

I'm a canucks fan so any of their prospects

Depends on for what!? If a Marg.. salt.

Way too short.. way way way too short.

1. Favorite snack

2. Interesting talent

3. Who on your team do you expect to do well this season

4. Who on another team do you expect to do well this season

5. Do you have a player you consider to be a rival

6. Favorite game

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/27/2021 at 10:49 AM, diamond_ace said:

1. Favorite snack

2. Interesting talent

3. Who on your team do you expect to do well this season

4. Who on another team do you expect to do well this season

5. Do you have a player you consider to be a rival

6. Favorite game

1. Easily chips as they go good with almost anything and at anytime.                                2. Interesting talent for whom? Me or the reader. Sadly I am old and washed up so what talent I had is now very much gone.    3. Everyone as we are a team so it doesn't matter that much who but if the team does well.                                                                4. No one as I wish no one luck if they are playing on another team. Okay, any former teammates as I do pay attention to them from time to time.                                          5. I used too but as time has passed I realized that rivalry doesn't matter much as team success. I guess it also help we have had success and they really haven't.            6. Hockey clearly unless you are talking video game then Transport Fever or Farm Simulator rank high. Oh, and pokemon go but that comes and goes with different levels of frustration.  

1. What conference do you think is tougher this season?
  2. Who is your right hand person on the ice, are you close to them off the ice?
  3. Do you have an amp up song you listen to when you need a pick me up?
  4. Do you have your eyes on anyone in this draft to join our team?
  5. What is your favorite fan moment from this season?
  6. Best tweet to come out of Prague and who sent it out ?

7. Would You Rather Look Like A Potato, Or Feel Like A Potato?

8.How Can You Tell If Someone Has A Sense Of Humor?

9.If You Were To Name Your Own Song, What Would You Name It?

10.If You Were In A Room Filled With You And Your Doppelganger And 2 Million Dollars, What Would You Do?

11. What Is In Your Fridge Right Now?

12. How Do  You Want To Be Remembered By The VHL?

13. What Do You Hope Your Deceased Relative Would Say About You If They Saw You Now?

1 hour ago, BladeMaiden said:

10.If You Were In A Room Filled With You And Your Doppelganger And 2 Million Dollars, What Would You Do?

13. What Do You Hope Your Deceased Relative Would Say About You If They Saw You Now?

7. I'd prefer to look like a potato

8. they support the maple leafs, that team is a joke

9. Uhhhh... I have no idea

11. meat, vegetables, fruits, milk, colas, beers, cheese and many other things

12. Someone who is fun to have around

13. The only deceased relative I have was gone before I was born so I have no idea what would she say to be honest.

On 10/24/2021 at 11:24 PM, BladeMaiden said:

7.)feel like a potato, i wanna be baked and warm

8.)start singing ‘their taking the hobbits to Isengaurd’ with @Beaviss if they don’t laugh they are dead inside 

9.) Out of this world, album Planetary Body

10.) @Banackocktonight we take over the world!!

11.) oreo cheesecake, no I’m not sharing…

12.) As my badass self! 

1. Is there a limit to how intelligent a single player can be?

2. Why is sandwich meat round when bread is square?

3. Who’s the fifth person on your missed calls?

4. If man developed from monkeys, what type of monkey do you think you came from?

5. Which would be the nicest if animals could only talk?

6. If you punch yourself in the face and it hurts, are you weak or strong?

1. Would you ever apply for a VHL job?

2. If you had the chance to invent a country, what would you name it? What team would they be on in the WJC?

3. What are two things that you think are normal, but become really strange when you do them repeatedly?

4. What’s the color of the mirror?

5. What do you usually think about while you are on the toilet?

6. Which superpower would you not want?

bonus. What’s your most hated mode of transportation?

18 hours ago, BladeMaiden said:

1. Is there a limit to how intelligent a single player can be?

2. Why is sandwich meat round when bread is square?

3. Who’s the fifth person on your missed calls?

4. If man developed from monkeys, what type of monkey do you think you came from?

5. Which would be the nicest if animals could only talk?

6. If you punch yourself in the face and it hurts, are you weak or strong?

1. Yeah, because no one is more intelligent than Baby Bob.

2. Because a pizza is a circle, cut in triangle and put in a square box.

3. My mom, she called me to tell that my bedroom was a complete mess

4. From a gorilla because i am the strongest and the king.

5. Dog, because they are the only beautiful animal.

6. Neither, you are just stupid, because no one punch his self in the face.

Answer:

Spoiler

No, too much like work for very little to no benefits. Even completing TPE can feel like work at times; especially if you don`t have the time.

2. If you had the chance to invent a country, what would you name it? What team would they be on in the WJC?

Answer:

Spoiler

No, Thank you!! The world is already messed up due to boundaries created by Nations, countries etc.... 

3. What are two things that you think are normal, but become really strange when you do them repeatedly?

Answer:

Spoiler

Make mistakes typing as I did even trying to get this answered; maybe due to Japanese keyboard being used in English and showering. I tend to shower two or three times a day and most find this weird. I just like to be clean and feel clean.

Answer:

Spoiler

Black or Red; Dark days hover over me and follow me like a hanging cloud or my red face from the heat and humidity of living in Japan after living in the cold North beyond the wall in a place called Edmonton. -35 winters to 10 winters; is a lot harder to adjust to then I would have thought. 

Answer:

Spoiler

Nothing actually as it is the one time that I take to myself in a busy day. So the few minutes of simple doing the business before going back to business.

Answer:

Spoiler

Ability to read others minds; I think this would drive me crazy as I know how unorganized my own mind can be plus all the random crap that comes flying in and out of the brain all the time. The mind is a dark place that most don`t want to go!!

Answer:

Spoiler

Depends on the distance being traveled but I am going to say public Bus or Public train. City Buses or City trains are okay.

On 11/7/2021 at 11:46 PM, BladeMaiden said:

1. I am currently applying to every AGM job I can find, so yeah I am trying to have a management job.

2. Boomer's island and it would be in team Asia. The island would be near north Korea and south Korea.

3. Asking someone if they like you.

4. Blue, because everything is blue.

5. Sometimes the VHL, sometimes what will be my next meal.

6. Be able to change myself into a pineapple.

bonus. I think it is walking.

• Commissioner

1. With the draft over and the roster pretty much set, what are your thoughts of the team?

2. Do you think we'll make the playoffs? If so how far are we going?

3. Do you think there is a specific area we're lacking?

4. How do you think we did with free agents this season?

5. How is your NHL team doing? Do you think there are going to be some big change ups?

6. Are you excited bout the holidays coming up?

1. Looks good, management acquired some terrific players. 
2. For sure. I think we can make a run in the playoffs and hopefully win a couple rounds, and maybe even the cup!

3. Overall the team is solid. We could use another goalie to share the load with Josh but I’m sure the market for goalies is thin right now. 
4. I think we did good, obviously bringing in Reikkinen, Carter and Frost was big. 
5. The Bruins had a tough loss tonight but hopefully they can find their stride. 
6. Definitely, looking forward to them. 

1. With the draft over and the roster pretty much set, what are your thoughts of the team?

I think team should be a top contender in the European division this season. Like every season there are question marks due to what other teams have also done to improve themselves. Noticed a few teams have no chance this season due to lack of player and skill at this stage of the season from Helsinki, New York, DC, Chicago and Toronto so it could be a season more about the playoffs and stacking points rather then being worried about the regular season. (this will bit me somehow)

2. Do you think we'll make the playoffs? If so how far are we going?

See above post as I think it isn`t about can we make the playoffs but rather what can we do once we make the playoffs. Alot of teams have improved and some have no chance so it just a matter of how STHS decides to sim the league this year. We have the talent to damage and we should make the Conference finals if not the finals if everything fall our way. (Again I am going to eat this somehow) 

3. Do you think there is a specific area we're lacking?

Ouch, Answer this question fully and you might be hated by your team mate. Yes, Every team has weakness and the league has a shortage of defenders at the moment. I think our defenders are better then a lot around the league and clearly has been improved from last season so I think it a league issue rather then a team issue. Also the bigger question this season will be what type of season will Bouchard and Gobeil have as they tend to take turn disappearing for a few games every season. Is this the breakout season for both players?

4. How do you think we did with free agents this season?

I think overall the team is improved so job done and dusted during of the FA period this season. Now with training camps open the question should be more about line-up, chemistry and how we preform as a team.

5. How is your NHL team doing? Do you think there are going to be some big change ups?

Uh, As a Vancouver Canuck fan I would the season is actually going as expected. Two top RF don`t sign until after the training camp is almost completed means from past track record they both were already going to struggle this season. And they have so when your top players are behind and not preforming then as a team you are always going to struggle. I think they have played better then there record indicates but they are missing the top players when the games become tight and tough. Never liked Hughes due to my eyes telling me he is a defensive liability and once again he isn`t proving me wrong with a plus 4 rating with 14pts meaning he has been on the ice for at least 10 goals against and when removing points means he has been on the ice for at least 20 goals against meaning he is being scored on every game.

6. Are you excited bout the holidays coming up?

Nope, I am working like I have for years now so the holidays are not really holidays. I find that I always end up with more work to cover off others having holidays be it within the company or general customers. So nope as I know that I am working Christmas and New Years with New Years expected to be working twice as hard, twice as long and the same pay. No bonuses either means it not a fun period. On the plus side I am not teaching as I am done until the new year starting this Thursday. The holidays aren`t the same here in Japan anyways compared to Canada.

• Commissioner

1. Season 81 has begun.  What do you think about our start?

2. What are your personal goals for this season.

3. If you could get any individual award which would you like the most. 

4. What is something you would change about the vhl. 

5.  Did you decide to partake in VHFL? If so how do you think your team will do?

6. Did you snag any black Friday/cyber Monday deals? If so what did you get?

On 9/9/2019 at 12:48 PM, Jbeezy76 said:

1) Are you happy with becoming the first players to ever play for this brand new VHL team ?

2) What will be the best way to improve your player this season?

3) Is there any players that you look forward to playing with that is on this team now ?

4) Do you like the Phantoms logo ? 

5) Do you think we will do better than the other new expansion team DC ?

6) What do you think we need to get through free agency to make the team better ?

1. I've never played for prauge and I dont plan to.

2. I think earning TPE and putitng in defense, scoring and not passing will really make me better.

3. I look forward to playing with Beav and Frosty's player next season.

4. The Prauge logo is one of the best in the league!

5. DC is mid and its so easy for any team to be better than them.

6. I think we just gotta sign the best guys for tons of money.

We are eleven games into the season and I won`t lie; I am surprised but also not by our poor start to the season. We currently sit 6-5 for  fourth best in the Europe at the moment with a game in hand. This isn`t what I expected when we started the season as it now looks once again we will be fighting for the Wildcard spot if we cannot start to spread the distances to the other teams by winning a few games in a row. I expected the team to be top three if not fighting for European division. Early days but Moscow isn`t as strong as they are currently being represented in the standings. But the meta is with them since they are built around no passing. Wish I had reset my passing this season but hey you miss some and some you don`t.

Ego answer: Winning the scoring title going away with fifty plus goals and close to 200pts. Standing up in front of the rest of the league players like What? Realistic goal: A point per game please!! Please!!

I am also more team focused rather then player focused so I hope that we win as many games as we can and have a long playoff run at the cup this season. Expectations are not high considering we are not a meta build team and are showing we are about an average team at the moment.

Uh, To dream to dream!! Since I gave an ego answer above I would love to answer all of them that I could win from Continental Cup, Scotty Campbell (MVP), Brett Slobodzain (MOS), Daisuke (Playoff MVP), Mike Szatkowski (Pts), Kevin Brooks (Goals) and Alexander Beketov (Ast) but we all know that isn`t going to happen even if you dominated the league and outscored everyone by 50pts.

Truthful answer: I would take Daisuke with the Continental Cup

Oh, This question could red shirt me and never see my players drafted again!!

This league comes across too much like a friends league meaning if you kiss ass and are friends with everyone then you will be rewarded as such from high draft positions, awards, HOF, positions within the league etc.... If the league wants to be include everyone then this really needs to stop.

5.  Did you decide to partake in VHFL? If so how do you think your team will do?

Cynical answer: Don`t really care as I only sign up for the free TPE that I will get when the season is done and dusted.

Politically correct answer: I follow it very closely and I watch for all the small things that can make the difference between winning my group or not. I should be a contender as I placed a lot of thought into select all the Reinharts as they are great players in VHFL!!

6. Did you snag any black Friday/cyber Monday deals? If so what did you get?

These deals are still on going in Japan as they run a two week sale as the stores are greedy as most of the products are slightly reduced to more normal prices. Kids toys are reduced from an average of $50 down to $30; which they cost in Canada so you better get your Christmas shopping done since starting next week back to normal prices if not higher then before due to Christmas being around the corner. So yes, I did my Christmas shopping  and I think we are done already but again Christmas isn`t the same here in Japan as it is in Canada. They celebrate New Years rather then Christmas.

We've been pretty good, we could be a little more consistent especially offensively but it's an up and down league and that is going to happen sometimes. I think in general as a team though we've shown we are absolutely a playoff team and a Cup contender if things go right for us. 

Not suck? Truthfully I'd just love to be in any of the D award races, although realistically given his lack of hitting Sven probably doesn't have a chance ever at the top defensive D. Need to get some more goals going though, he's slowed a bit there with Prague due to all the goal scoring options. 

Umm *looks up* I'll go with the Labatte for best overall D. I think if you had the SB and the +/- to go with a high point total you can contend for that with low enough hits, as long as the rest of the defensive metrics are very strong. 

Go back in time, realize what the league was becoming and growing into and properly prepare it for some of the things we probably (i did see) coming. :P Realistically though I think we need a new sim engine and I've said that for years. As we continue to grow and patchwork our way around the limitations of STHS it just makes sense that we need to inevitably find something that works better for our player pool and build meta structure. 

I normally would but inactive Devise is just trying to get back to earning to the Cap and not wasting his Fan590 player store purchase, so I'll say this is a hard no. I missed it as I do a lot of the off-season stuff these days. Off-season for me is like a "what VHL?" time sometimes depending on the stress haha. 

6. Did you snag any black Friday/cyber Monday deals? If so what did you get?

Fuck capitalism. No seriously, I have no problem with sales but people need to realize that you can get deals equivalent to Black Friday and Cyber Monday throughout the year if you pay attention. If your the type of person who see's people trample each other as they get in line to buy the newest products on sale or whatever during these holidays and you go "there is nothing wrong with that" I got some bad news for you about where society is going to be headed. /rant There is nothing wrong with a little capitalism here or there mind you, but the structure of stuff like that is plain unhealthy. My advice? Don't buy into that shit. It's bad. For society. Seriously. 

Edited by Devise

We started off hot, have cooled off a bit as of late. We can certainly get back on track and the two wins today are a step in the right direction!

Just helping the team win in any way I can. It'd be nice to top my career highs but #1 goal is contributing to the team.

The Continental Cup is the award I want to win most, but individually I'd say top defender.

There's been some great progress as of late to make the league a better place for all. I want the VHL to be a great community for everyone.

Yup, who knows; it's been a bit of a hit or miss for me so far with fantasy.

6. Did you snag any black Friday/cyber Monday deals? If so what did you get?

Nope, not this year.

• Commissioner

1. Do you think we should try to make moves before the TDL?

2. Do you think the team is over or under performing so far? Why?

3. How does your player stay motivated through a rough stretch where nothing seems to go right?

4. Who has been the most underrated player on the team this season in your opinion and why do you think they are underrated?

5. Who do you think is the MVP of the team so far this season?

6.  Where do you see yourself 3-4 seasons from now? Will you still be playing in the VHL or will you have already retired?

1. Do you think we should try to make moves before the TDL?

I always feel that a team should be looking to make themselves better with a goal in mind so be it the short term goal of making a run at the cup or looking at the future seasons. Hardest part sometime is being realistic with them selves and understand that the status quo may simply not be good enough. Standing still means you are going backwards; which I believe is the case most of the time. So Yes, We should be looking to make moves but that is up to the teams Managers to decide what those moves might be. 

2. Do you think the team is over or under performing so far? Why?

Under performing?!? Overall, I feel that we are better then our current record and we should be better then two points out of the playoffs but the division seems to be tighter then I expected this season. I predicted that we would be around the third best team in Europe this season and we are right around that area but not how I seen it exactly.

3. How does your player stay motivated through a rough stretch where nothing seems to go right?

Focus on the little things and stay focused on the team success. If as a player you are struggling and the team is winning then it not a big deal but if you are being successful but the team is losing then you still need to be that much better to make the team successful. At no point should you be satisfied with your game or the teams game; until the season is over, your career is over then that is the time to reflect until then always try to be better. 

4. Who has been the most underrated player on the team this season in your opinion and why do you think they are underrated?

Sven Reikkinen; Hasn`t been flashy all season but has been simple solid all season long with a point per game, second on the team in shots blocked but most impressively is a plus 22; showing that he has been able to shut down other team most nights.

Could also look at Nicholas Mariani as he has really stepped up his game in the last few weeks and it shows with more then a point per game so far this season.

5. Who do you think is the MVP of the team so far this season?

I think it between Asher Reinhart or Battre Sandstrom as they have both been consistent this season. They are clearly the present and future of the team. Hard to pick between them at the moment. (Sorry for the long pause in answering as I was distracted by Vancouvers Canucks Press conferenece)

6.  Where do you see yourself 3-4 seasons from now? Will you still be playing in the VHL or will you have already retired?

Sadly, my days are starting to grow long and my shadow is starting to catch-up with me so I have a few season left but most likely won`t be around in a season or two. I will be on a beach somewhere.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Commissioner

1.) Do you think anything makes Prague stand out as a team?
2.) With the trade deadline passed, do you think we made a mistake by not trading?
3.) Asher Reinhart currently has 38 goals, do you think he'll have another 50 goal season?
4.) Dominic Gobiel currently has 74 points, his highest in a season is 83 do you think he'll pass his career high this season?
5.) As it stands now, what team do you think is going to win the cup this season?
6.) Do you feel like your player is contributing enough and helping our team to excel?