Prague Phantoms Press Conference

Jbeezy76

3 hours ago, Sebster03 said:

Alright better late than never i guess. Heres some questions boys get that tpe.

1. In your opinion what do you need to do/change the most this offseason to be able to improve come next season?

Probably my Faceoffs or my Defence.

2. Where do you hail from? and name me one thing you like about your hometown.

New Brunswick Canada. It’s a really beautiful part of Canada with all kinds of nice views.

3. Are you happy currently with where the team is going? 

Yes. Give the team 2-3 years and we will definitely be competitive.

4. Do you feel like you deserve more ice time next season?

if I put the time and effort in then yes.

5. Who was your favourite personality this past season in your locker room?

Definitely my close friend @Sebster03

6. Any big plans for the offseason? Will you be attending to any event? (ex: charity golf tournaments, festivals, parties, concerts, sports events)

Drinking until I need a liver transplant.

3 hours ago, Sebster03 said:

1. In your opinion what do you need to do/change the most this offseason to be able to improve come next season?

I want to hit the gym hard to get stronger on my skates and work with my power skating course throughout the offseason to hopefully get some more speed out on the ice. 

I come from Calgary, Alberta and when people think of calgary obviously the Calgary Stampede comes immediately to mind. The Calgary tower is pretty cool to check it out sometime.  

Well obviously im not happy with being near the bottom of the standing and im not happy about sitting out the playoffs. But, patience is key here and we just got to continue working hard in practice and really perfect our coach's system and fully buy into it. 

No, I don't think I can handle more ice time out there as I get enough as it is. That's the joy of playing for a expansion team during their inaugural season you can take advantage of openings in the roster and manage to score big time minutes that you wouldn't be able to get on any other VHL team. 

I can't really pick one guy I love everyone like a brother we're all real tight. Blake Laughton is a cool cat i guess and well me and Alex Pearson have fun out on the town together but tend to get ourselves into trouble.

6. Any big plans for the offseason? Will you be attending to any event? (ex: charity golf tournaments, festivals, parties, concerts, sports events)

No not really I usually do but I want to really devote most of my time into training and fitness. I want to come into training keep ready to hit the ground running.

Edited by Sebster03

1. In your opinion what do you need to do/change the most this offseason to be able to improve come next season? I seem to get off to slow starts, so I feel like I need a quik start to scoring goals next season. 

2. Where do you hail from? and name me one thing you like about your hometown. I was born in Philly but grew up in St.Louis. I love the St. Louis Blues and St.Louis Cardinals.  

3. Are you happy currently with where the team is going? Yes I believe in this team. We will get better in good time. 

4. Do you feel like you deserve more ice time next season? Im happy with my ice time. 

5. Who was your favourite personality this past season in your locker room? I’m a big fan of Seabass!

6. Any big plans for the offseason? Will you be attending to any event? (ex: charity golf tournaments, festivals, parties, concerts, sports events) I will be definitely going to some concerts and also doing some shopping for a new house in the woods. 

I would have to say my offensive game - both passing and scoring. I had a nice rookie season but now that everybody has a year worth of film on me, I have to continue to evolve and grow. I’d probably also say I need to hit the weight room a little more.

Im from Reykjavik, Iceland. One of the most beautiful and generally the happiest country on Earth because of the community that we have created in Iceland. 

Like everybody has been saying - I think we are a team that’s on the right path. We are very young but there’s talent and potential on our side and I look forward to seeing us grow together.

I was a first-liner last season - don’t get me wrong, it was a honor and a pleasure to get this immediate playing time. But my +/- leaves a lot to be desired for and that is something that I need to work on going forward. I’ll let the coach decide how much playing time I get. 

Id probably say MEE6, the guy is persistent with his reminders and telling everybody that they’ve leveled up. At the same time, I kinda think MEE6 needs a life 

i am not an exciting person at all so just going to spend time with my family and practice with my old hockey comrades. There’s no time for fun when you’re trying to help your expansion team get off the ground and improve in Year 2. 

On 10/27/2019 at 10:29 AM, Sebster03 said:

1. I need to improve my skating and goal scoring the most.

2. Miniti is from Boston, and loves the competitive spirit there, and all the pro championships.

3. I am, I think there is a bright future ahead in Prague.

4. I will play whenever the coach puts me on the ice. I would love to play as much as possible, but in the end I have to put the work in to do that.

5. Juddy, because its nice to have another Bruins fan around.

6. I am running in the eleventh annual Michael Scott Fun Run race for the cure of rabies.

NEW PRESSER

1. How excited are you that your team won the VHL draft lottery?

2. What's your favourite music album?

3. What is your favourite workout?

4. If your team trades the first overall pick what would you like to expect as a return?

5. Is there any upcoming VHL prospect that our team should scout for the upcoming draft?

6. Do you have any pets? If so what's their names(s)?

1 minute ago, Sebster03 said:

NEW PRESSER

I'm somewhat excited. I don't think we really needed it but I'm like a small child where I want it just because I dont want D.C to have it.

Paranoid - Black Sabbath

Well for cardio I really enjoy just jumping into my local watering hole and go for a swim to a nearby island and back. Strength wise I really just divide my workouts by muscle groups. Monday i'll do legs, teusday is shoulders/back, ect. ect. I usually tend to like thursdays where I work on my pectorals and triceps.

4. If your team trades the first overall pick what would you like to expect as a return?

Well I would think that if we trade that pick that it better be for a star goalie or another good defenseman. Id like to think that my GM would rather move down than trade the picks straight up so i'm not sure what he has up his sleeves.

5. Is there any upcoming VHL prospect that our team should scout for the upcoming draft?

This draft seems very thin, but since we got the first overall I would probably looking into drafting Brock Louth if we keep the pick.

I got two dogs! I got a Australian Shepard named Cora and a Beagle named after @Josh from my time in the Yukon.  (yeah I named my fucking dog after you dude)

It's going to greatly increase our core group. I'm stoked!

I listen to way too much music to have a favorite album. I just can't choose one.

Call me crazy but I enjoy a good leg workout lol.

Well a first round pick carries some value, so I think whatever we are getting in return should be fitting to our needs.

I didn't follow the upcoming prospects, but I hear from teammates the draft is a little thin. 

A puggle named Kobe. 

Questions:

1. How do you feel about your GM @diamond_ace? Is he the best Rhinoscerous? 

2. Same question about your AGM, Aleksei Sytsevich? What have your interactions with this man of mystery been?

3. How many seasons before Prague makes the playoffs?

4. Cardio or leg day, which is more important?

5. What was your favorite book as a child?

6. Will your children, if any, play hockey?

1. How do you feel about your GM @diamond_ace? Is he the best Rhinoscerous? He’s been great GM and yes!

2. Same question about your AGM, Aleksei Sytsevich? What have your interactions with this man of mystery been?  Is this the guy that drinks a lot and complains just as much ??

3. How many seasons before Prague makes the playoffs? we plan on making the playoffs sooner rather than later. If we get a top notch goalie this year I believe we could make it this year. 

4. Cardio or leg day, which is more important? Definitely cardio day 

5. What was your favorite book as a child? My favorite book was “ Trapped in Death Cave “ 

6. Will your children, if any, play hockey? I would hope so. 

On 11/3/2019 at 6:25 AM, Sebster03 said:

NEW PRESSER

Absolutely! Another star player will for sure help the team.

Let there be rock-AcDc

Definitely weights. Love working on my upper body strength.

Either a solid goalie or an abundance of picks.

I think Brock Louth is a star in the making for first overall.

6 hours ago, HenrikZoiderberg said:

Questions:

No no, I'M the best rhinocerous cus I got the bigger horn ;) Ace is doing good so far though but what keeps him from being great is that starter.

2. Same question about your AGM, Aleksei Sytsevich? What have your interactions with this man of mystery been?

I dont know who the fuck that is, nor have I met him or wait is he invisible?

We're gonna make her next year

Legs because it's helps me deliver more powerful body checks and it adds power to my strides. Your legs is your base, gotta start there.

I can't read so anything with pictures.

Of course it's a sport that's passed on from generations to generations in my family

10 hours ago, HenrikZoiderberg said:

Questions:

easily the coolest Rhino i've ever known.

if he reads this he's the coolest man that has ever lived and i would die for him.

This one baby!!! we're gonna kill it this year.....next year works to!

CARDIO!!!!! who needs thicc thighs when you can just skate around them.

Bone out from Boneville

If they want to they have my full support but if not then meh as long as there happy

33 minutes ago, Liberty_Cabbage said:

CARDIO!!!!! who needs thicc thighs when you can just skate around them.

What if your thighs are thicc enough that the other guy can't skate around them

On 11/4/2019 at 12:50 PM, HenrikZoiderberg said:

Questions:

1. How do you feel about your GM @diamond_ace? Is he the best Rhinoscerous?  I feel good, I feel like he built a really good young team.

2. Same question about your AGM, Aleksei Sytsevich? What have your interactions with this man of mystery been? Have not had any interactions with him as of yet.

3. How many seasons before Prague makes the playoffs? 1 more year and we are in

4. Cardio or leg day, which is more important? Cardio

5. What was your favorite book as a child? Harry Potter

6. Will your children, if any, play hockey? Of course

1. How excited are you that your team won the VHL draft lottery? I was totally stoked I’m glad we won the lottery. 

Anything by Nirvana or Alice In Chains 

bench press is my favorite for sure. 

I believe we got a good goalie. So that works for me. 

Not sure who diamond got but he makes good decisions. 

yes. A dog and two cats. 

Rosco(dog) 

Mirth (cat)

Luci (cat)

1. How do you feel about your GM @diamond_ace? Is he the best Rhinoscerous? 

Of course, whatever that entails, as long as he continues to build a good team.

Seems like a solid AGM doing his job, he is appreciated.

I think we have 2 seasons until we really break out.

I really enjoy leg day, and I despise any cardio except swimming.

I liked reading anything to do with history.

I will attempt to have them play hockey or water polo, but I will not force them to do anything.

On 11/4/2019 at 1:50 PM, HenrikZoiderberg said:

Questions:

Yeah he’s one of the best gm’s I’ve had!

Hes doing a great job!

Were gonna make the playoffs this year, but if not next season for sure.

Cardio. Endurance is a huge part of hockey.

5. What was your favorite book as a child? Green eggs and ham fo sho

Absolutely. I’m gonna try and coach their team!

1. How have you improved over the off season and how do you think that will effect your play?

2. What's your favorite thing to do in-between game sims?

3. What player are you looking forward to seeing how they progress this year?

4. What is your favorite thing about our GM?

5. If we had a team dinner where would you take us and what would you recommend getting?

6. If you could rename you're character what would it be and why?

1 minute ago, Liberty_Cabbage said:

1. How have you improved over the off season and how do you think that will effect your play?

I've jumped up a whole 11 points in defense and i just hope for once i have a positive +/-

mostly just sit there and think how awesome it would be to have a sim happen,

My old teammate Hiroshi Okada they had a great season last year and i want to see how they do this year.

He's been the nice's rhino's I've ever meet and was willing to draft me.

5. If we had a team dinner where would you take us and what would you recommend getting?

A restaurant called Worthy Burger a surprise its a burger place and i would recommend getting......The Worthy Burger 

Jacob Perry is such a plain name i'd probably change it to sauerkraut  McCabbage

54 minutes ago, Liberty_Cabbage said:

Ive worked on my skating and Shooting, hoping to pot 25-30 goals this year.

Wait for more sims to happen

Me, Or WSJ, I feel like he’s a future top defenceman in the leave

Hes friendly, easy to talk to and will help with any questions!

Mcdons. I fucking love snack wraps personally.

Probably Pearson Alexander cause it sound snotty.

23 hours ago, Liberty_Cabbage said:

I've worked real hard at the gym in order to come into training camp a lot stronger. I also put emphasis on working on my puck skills with various different drills

Smoke a dube

I can't really pick one. Al Pearsson I think is gonna hit another level offensively this year, Wolfy is probably  gonna develop into one of the league's elite defenseman so that'll be exciting to watch too. It'll be interesting to see how our young rookie defenders grow into the team (Perry and Block) and I think our captain Draven can burst out of the gate as he's due for a strong start! 

He got us that goalie!

Montana's for their all you can eat ribs. 

The Seabass, cus really Seabass sounds good enough on it's own.

Edited by Sebster03

On 11/13/2019 at 5:12 PM, Liberty_Cabbage said:

1. I have not improved as much as I wanted but I plan to a lot over these first few seasons.

2. I love reading through media pieces, some people really know a lot about the league and it is great to read.

3. Gotta say myself in my rookie season, I am excited to see how we do.

4. I love @diamond_ace I have always had great talks with him

5. Hmmm Olive Garden because its never ending Pasta bowl time!

6. I wouldn't, I chose the name after awhile of thinking, I don't want to think about another one.

1. How have you improved over the off season and how do you think that will effect your play?

I have been working on my offensive game and I think that will help the team out a lot. I hope that I haven't forgotten how to play defense though! We'll see how this translates in the sim engine although I do still think I need to work on my skating and puck handling to better compliment my talents. 

2. What's your favorite thing to do in-between game sims?

Probably check out Discord / our team LR if you're talking about sim league stuff. I wish I had more time to invest into league-related stuff, but time isn't quite on my side and this isn't my primary league either. 

I don't really pay attention too much to individuals other than my own player, but I look forward to seeing how our team progresses / develops from last year to this year. 

I think the fact that he is a rhino. And pretty cool, probably down to earth. That's what I like myself. 

5. If we had a team dinner where would you take us and what would you recommend getting?

Any pizza places. I could chow down a whole three-topping large pizza pie to myself. 

6. If you could rename you're character what would it be and why?

I think I would probably get rid of the Jr. part of my name. 'Cause I'm like 6'8 and 250 pounds and it's kinda funny when people call me Junior. I want to be called Wolf. But WSJ has a nice ring to it though.