Prague Phantoms Press Conference

Jbeezy76

Holiday Press Conference:

1. What is something about the December holidays that you love?

Lately its been the fact that all my friends come back from college so i can see them again.

2. What is an activity that you do during the holidays?

Just drinking eggnog is enough of a holiday activity for me.

3. How will you make someone else's holidays a little bit better?

Well hopefully the gifts i bought will be just what people wanted to brighten up there day.

4. Is there a tradition that you and your family follow this time of year?

Yeah instead of a big Christmas dinner we do a BIG breakfast so we can just pass out later instead of making dinner 

5. What is your preferred meal during the holidays?

Pancakes and real maple syrup with hash browns.

6. What is your favorite holiday themed movie?

the first two home alone movies of course

Edited by Liberty_Cabbage

On 12/14/2019 at 12:23 PM, sjs88speed said:

Holiday Press Conference:

1. What is something about the December holidays that you love?

I like the fact that it's the only time a year where I get to spend time with some of my family members. Gotta make that small window count. Party on.

I take the time to hit up the outdoor rinks for some pond hockey.

I like to some time every year to participate in toy drives for the needy in the Calgary area. I try to use my athlete status to gather more toys and donations for the needy.

We like the celebrate new years eve drinking, playing pond hockey till the wee hrs of the morning.

I will fight you over xmas stuffing.

I always watch home alone 2 every year with my eldest brother and that itself has become a tradition for us

Happy Holidays to my teammates in Prague! Have a great time with family and friends!

1. What is something about the December holidays that you love?

I always loved  seeing family and friends and eating good food. 

I always cooked a nice meal for Shelly and then go for a long drive to nowhere planned. 

I would like to donate my time serving food to the homeless. 

The tradition is gone since Shelly is no longer with us. 

I really don’t have a preference. 

Im not really into Christmas movies, but I do love Christmas Vacation. 

Edited by Jbeezy76

NEW PRESSER

1. How did you spend your christmas day?

2. Now that our season is over. What are your thoughts on your team's season?

3. Did you achieve your own personal goals for this season?

4. Who would be your vote for this season's team MVP. 

5. Do you feel like the team will improve enough to contend for a playoff spot next year?

6. What do you feel is our teams biggest need looking towards next season?

3 minutes ago, Sebster03 said:

NEW PRESSER

I spent my christmas morning at home with my lady and dog, we went to visit my old man for christmas dinner later in the afternoon. Kept it simple this year.

Well we did better than last season so that's good but I still cant necessarily be satisfied with missing the playoffs every year. Next year we'll come back hungry.

Oh hell no, I had a pretty bad season this year by my standards. I hope to be able to bounce back next season .

I'd say Pearson is the team MVP this year. Yeah Draven @Jbeezy76 lead the team in points but Pearson @Jayrad28 I find was pretty clutch this season and is the only member of the team to have a positive +/-. He worked hard this year and he deserves recognition. 

5. Do you feel like the team will improve enough to contend for a playoff spot next year?

I feel confident we can compete next year, but it all depends on how this offseason goes.

Our biggest need is to just stick together. If everyone stays on board and keeps getting better we can really stir things up next year.

11 hours ago, Sebster03 said:

NEW PRESSER

spent with family eating chocolate and pretending to be an adult 

could have been better but hey just room to improve for next season. 

I had two goals this season have a positive -/+ for the first time and make the playoffs for the first time......I did not get either :(

I gotta go with Pearson that dude played an amazing 200 foot game 

we’re still young so as long as our goalie keeps improving I think we definitely should contend?

Some good offensive players would be pretty cool!

I spent it with family at two different locations. 

We played hard and was competitive every game. 

I did good I didn’t have a sophomore slump. I have scored 20+ goals each of my first two seasons in the league. Led the team in points and assists. 

I would vote for Alex Pearson or the goalie May they both were solid all year. 

Yes Prague has a good future they will be fine. 

6. What do you feel is our teams biggest need looking towards next season?

Most likely they will have to replace their captain (me) I’m sure they find plenty. There a lot of free agents out there. 

NEW PRESSER

Spent it with a side of the family, lots of travel during the week as we have family pretty spread out.

Lets not sweeten it up, it was not a great season, and we may be losing some key players of our core, but we have a draft coming up and if more of our core decides to stay we can have a real threat either this upcoming season or the next.

I did not, and I am very disappointed in myself, on the positive side, I made some good growth in the areas needed, and keep getting better. I think I can make a lot more of a impact next season.

I think Wolf Stansson Jr. was great this season, he may be in the running for the next captain considering our current captain leaving the team. He's a great player and core for this team.

I think we can, it won't be easy and we may need to fill some of the missing pieces, but if we make the right decisions we definitely can contend.

I think it's just a general need for more veteran players, that have been around the league longer. If we can mix that with our young core we can contend with some good teams as we have shown already this season in some big games.

NEW PRESSER

1. Did you attend any parties for New Year's Eve?

2. What is your new year's resolution?

3. What are you doing to keep busy, considering the long offseason you have?

4. Among all of this year's pending UFAs, who would you like to see join the team?

5. How do you feel about losing your captain and topscorer, Erik Draven?

6. Who should be in the running to fill Draven's role as captain?

Edited by Sebster03

2 minutes ago, Sebster03 said:

NEW PRESSER

I attending a New Year's Eve party in back home in Calgary that doubled up as a fundraiser where all the proceeds went towards Autism Research.

Well I decided as an athlete I should probably quit smoking cigarettes, I haven't broken my resolution yet, so far so good.

I'm just out there mingling with the ladies ;)

4. Among all of this year's pending UFAs, who would you like to see join the team?

I have faith that our GM will find the right people to fill the holes we have up front. I have nobody really in mind, but it would be nice to get a veteran forward.

I'm obviously not too happy about it. He was our leading scorer this year and our captain so it'll be hard to replace him. Life goes on but i'm still dissapointed that our captain had to abandon ship

2 minutes ago, Sebster03 said:

Definitely Wolfie deserves a mention there, guy seems to have the LR and keeps thing cool and calm. 

NEW PRESSER

Had a party with family and a party with friends, both were a great time.

Probably just to continue my good health habits and keep improving.

This offseason, I'm going to write some articles so that I can magically improve my game.

I don't pay much attention to the UFA market as I have plenty of work to do to improve myself and make myself valuable.

Obviously it sucks but we gotta let him do what he wants to do, it's his game and he can take it wherever he feels he will succeed.

I think there are a couple of good candidates for that role, but I'll let the GM decide that.

On 1/4/2020 at 9:06 AM, Sebster03 said:

NEW PRESSER

I did and I got incoherently wasted

Probably go to the gym consistently, but that’s everyone’s 

Training and work

Not sure who’s even Avaliable

It sucks. He was the heart and soul of this team for a bit but if he dosnt wanna be here then that’s on him, we will find other ways to improve our game

Definetly wolf or Seabass, Both are great leaders on the back end

Let's Play some would you rather Phantoms !  A reminder for all the Phantoms that answering 3 questions is worth 1 TPE and answering 6 questions is worth 2 TPE !

1. Would you rather Have a dog with a cat’s personality or a cat with a dog’s personality?
  2. If you were reborn in a new life, would you rather be alive in the past or future?
  3. Would you rather eat no candy at Halloween or no turkey at Thanksgiving?
  4. Would you rather date someone you love or date someone who loves you?
  5. Would you rather lose the ability to lie or believe everything you’re told?
  6. Would you rather be free or be totally safe?
  7. Would you rather Eat shit that tasted like chocolate, or eat chocolate that tasted like crap?
  8. Would you rather Look 10 years older from the neck up, or the neck down?
  9. Would you rather Be extremely underweight or extremely overweight?
  10. Would you rather Experience the beginning of planet earth or the end of planet earth?
  11. Would you rather have three kids and no money, or no kids with three million dollars?
  12. Would you rather Be the funniest person in the room or the most intelligent?
Edited by BladeMaiden

1. Did you attend any parties for New Year's Eve? 

No I Just celebrated at home with the family. 

I just want to keep on getting better as a player. 

Im working out a lot and building muscle and doing on ice drills a lot. 

Well since I’m departing this season I’m sure the team what it needs in the long run. 

Well that’s me so I must say I had a lot of fun in Prague and appreciate my coaches and teammates. I’m leaving on my own terms because I think it’s best for my career to find chemistry with other players around the league. I see the future as an limitless adventure. 

6. Who should be in the running to fill Draven's role as captain?

Im a big fan of Seabass and Wolf Stansson Jr. & Alex Pearson.Good luck to the next guy and the team. 

1. Did you attend any parties for New Year's Eve?

I stayed at home and slept in early. Nothing special - my focus is 100% on hockey and nothing else. Those kind of trivial celebrations takes away from our training and we need to make this leap as a team in Year 3.

As I said in my previous question — make the leap as a team in Year 3. Try to continue my training regimen and remove my bad habits. 

I’ve  been spending time with my family in Iceland. Doing some ice fishing, which is something I haven’t done in a long while so that was a nice flashback down memory lane. 

I do not know who’s a free agent as I unfortunately don’t pay attention to the league beyond my Prague organization. But I hope somebody good decides to give our team a chance to share in their leadership and wisdom.  

This was a huge bummer for me personally. We had been teammates since our days in the VHLM with the Yukon Rush. So I really appreciated us continuing to be teammates and I think that really helped with the transition process to the VHL. It is rather unfortunate that he had to leave but I wish him nothing but the best of luck going forward. 

6. Who should be in the running to fill Draven's role as captain?

i think that it should be any of the original Phantom players that are still on the roster. Active preferred. That person should also be a good leader/voice in the locker room... I’d say maybe Seabass. 

New Presser

1.When you think of the Phantoms, what style of game do you envision the Phantoms playing? Ex: Trap, Team that makes most of their opportunities on the rush, possesion ect.

2. We somewhat have a rivalry in place with the DC Dragons due to them entering the league at the same time as us. But, in your opinion do we have any established rivalries with any teams within our conference yet?

3. Do you have a lady/man in your life, if so any kids?

4. Do you play any sports else than hockey during the off season?

5. With the draft approaching, is there any eligible prospects out there that you'd recommend?

6. What do you think is the weakest part of your game?

Edited by Sebster03

Just now, Sebster03 said:

New Presser

1.When you think of the Phantoms, what style of game do you envision the Phantoms playing? Ex: Trap, Team that makes most of their opportunities on the rush, possesion ect.

Offensively I envision us being a team that just shoots the puck whenever we can, the more shots on net the better. Overall though I envision us being very aggressive team who bullies their opponents on the ice and end up taking too many penalties as a result.  

2. We somewhat have a rivalry in place with the DC Dragons due to them entering the league at the same time as us. But, in your opinion do we have any established rivalries with any teams within our conference yet?

I don't really think we have one at the moment, but I'm sure a good playoff series can change all that

I may have a kid out there some where that I have never met. I was seeing a few girls during the season but none of them lasted. 

I'm a avid mountain biker and love swimming and waterskiing

5. With the draft approaching, is there any eligible prospects out there that you'd recommend?

I haven't really been paying much attentions to the S70 draft class. Leave that to the scouts.

I take too many stupid penalties that put my team at risk. Also I got a bad case of the stone hands.

On 1/8/2020 at 11:52 AM, Sebster03 said:

New Presser

I picture a rush team where we play a good defensive game with a quick transition to the opposing players net from a good pass

Nope no other rivalry with me but i don't really have any connections between any other teams yet! 

nope i'm still a young pup so no kids but i'm a soon to be Uncle!

yeah to keep in shape i'll head out to the river to do some crew (rowing) to keep my legs and core in shape.

Honestly not a single one but i should really check on some VHLM stats to see who's available 

i wish i could shoot more! i had an amazing shooting % last season but just never really shot the puck much.

On 1/8/2020 at 12:52 PM, Sebster03 said:

New Presser

With our new talent I think we’ll be a good possession team.

Not yet, maybe Davos because we were both going for last place last season but not sure yet.

Yeah I have a girlfriend, I’m only 21 so no kids yet

On 1/8/2020 at 12:52 PM, Sebster03 said:

Soccer and lacross, maybe some golf

Someone active hopefully, who isn’t gonna be a negative in he lockerroom

6. What do you think is the weakest part of your game? Defence or face offs, definetly gotta improve there

On 1/8/2020 at 11:52 AM, Sebster03 said:

New Presser

I see a team that  focuses on the counterattack. Play a strong defensive game, throw the body around, force a turnover, and rush it up the ice for an offensive chance.

I don't really notice any rivalries right now. Once we make a playoff push and knock out a couple teams, I'm sure that'll change.

Nah. Grinding the single life at the moment. Less work doing that.

I take some trips to the golf course a couple times during the season. Just a little something to keep me in shape for hockey season.

Nobody specific. Just a person that is active and a friendly face in the locker room, who won't let a little disagreement cause a rift between them and the team. Someone who just keeps rolling with it I guess.

I haven't been putting up as much points as I'd like, but I feel like I need to focus more on the defensive aspect of the game. I throw the body plenty but I feel like I need to do more to lower the amount of shots from the opposition.

New Presser

I like to think the phantoms have a high energy forecheck with all the young players and speed.

I think we have given Riga a hard time especially since we have had some good wins as the bottom of the league beating the top.

Not yet, I am focused on improving career and myself right now.

I like to get into the water and play some waterpolo with some old teammates.

I don't have the best knowledge on the prospects so I trust my gm to do that as his job.

My defense is my weakness, but now that my offense is in a good spot to produce I can work on it.

Hey guys new presser! Can’t wait for the new season to start!

1.What do you think of the new additions made by GM Glasser? 

2. What’s your favourite fast food place? Why?

3. Do you think this is the year we finally make the playoffs?

4. Who is gonna be the teams mvp this season?  And what do you think our strengths/Weaknesses are going into the new season.

5.What kind of numbers do you hope your player puts up this season? (Goals, assists, points?, for goalies wins/ GAA, SV%?)

6.Whats one area of your game you’ve improved in over the offseason?

4 minutes ago, Jayrad28 said:

Hey guys new presser! Can’t wait for the new season to start!

1.What do you think of the new additions made by GM Glasser? 

I think they were great especially the goalie pick up. We’re a young team for the most part and could use some established players. 

does five guys count cause if so then then but if not then definitely Wendy’s.

Oh yeah without a doubt! We look good, I don’t think we’ll lead our division but we’ll definitely make it in.

4. Who is gonna be the teams mvp this season?  And what do you think our strengths/Weaknesses are going into the new season.

I could see cinnamon being our MVP on the back end, he had an amazing rookie season and has improved a lot this offseason 

5.What kind of numbers do you hope your player puts up this season? (Goals, assists, points?, for goalies wins/ GAA, SV%?)

For once in my career I just want a positive +/- I’ve come so close but every time I go into the negative.

Defense. I wanted to get that sucker to 99 and I have next will be my skating to at least 80.

1.What do you think of the new additions made by GM Glasser? 

I think that these additions have been fantastic. Especially Brick Wahl, we’ve struggled at the goaltender position the last two years so that move alone is going to pay huge dividends. The other guys yeah, they should help our offense a whole bunch. 

I do not eat fast food too much. But if I had to pick one, I would say Taco Bell. Their Grade D meat is so good it makes you experience Bowel movements pretty quick. The food service turnRound is really fast too, so that’s nice if you Re in a rush. 

Definitely. The last two years you could say that our team was going through the growing pains. Developing our game, learning how to play alongside each other. Now we’re an Attractive destination for FAs and it has paid off. I fully expect a postseason trip this year and more.  

Brick Wahl no doubt about it. The upgrade at goaltender is huge, coupled with our strong defensive game - is going to see a lot of good things from Prague this year. Our additions along the front line should help us score more goals, I just hope it’ll be more than we got the last two years because thats how you keep up with the top dogs.  

Last year was kind of a stinker for me, my offensive production went down. But my overall game improved so that was good too. I’m hoping my passing practices will pay off in terms of more assists and I also hope to post a positive +/- rating. 

like I mentioned earlier - I’ve been working on my passing. I think now we have more capable options along the front line, our passes are going to translate to assists more than before... so it’s important that our passes are on point. I’ll also be working on my defense; try to bump it to that 99 rating Seabass beat me to.