Prague Phantoms Press Conference

Jbeezy76

Playoff Presser

1. Where do you think we need to improve the most in order to come back after our 2-0 start against Moscow?

It has already passed us, but Im sure we will improve over the off-season for sure.

2. Who do you feel is Moscow's biggest threat?

Their entire team is very good at putting the puck in the back of the net.

3. Who do you think is our biggest threat?

Either Roll Fizzlebeef or I guess myself, our team is more team oriented.

4. Do you feel that our manager needs to make some chances after our start?

Not necessarily, I think we just need to be in a better position next playoffs.

5. Who is do you feel is most due for a big game?

Wolf Stansson Jr is a hard working guy and I think hes due for a couple

6. Who's going to drop the gloves next? I bet Laughton's fists will be hurting soon enough.

Well I know for damn sure Dredge aint dropping them, so keep dropping them Laughton!

Offseason Presser:

1. What do you think about the development over the last couple of seasons by the Prague Phantoms?

2. After an early exit to Moscow, where can the team improve upon last year?

3. Do you think the team is too young? Should we attempt to mix it up by acquiring some veterans in return for some young talent?

4. IF we don't make playoffs this upcoming season, what is the plans for your player?

5. How important is player chemistry to you, do you need to get along with teammates off the ice to succeed?

6. What's your opinion on the chemistry of the Prague Phantoms?

On 3/11/2020 at 9:36 PM, sjs88speed said:

Offseason Presser:

1. What do you think about the development over the last couple of seasons by the Prague Phantoms?

Well we're getting better every year so there's that, if there wasnt any improvement then we'd have a problem to fix.

We need to score more goals. We weren't very consistent offensively especially when it counted the most. I also think we should work on taking less penalties so we're not giving the opposition too many powerplays.

3. Do you think the team is too young? Should we attempt to mix it up by acquiring some veterans in return for some young talent?

I don't think the team is too young at all, we already got a few veteran guys like Fizz, Wahl and Glover. Even the original core has been here for 3 seasons now so I wouldn't necessarily call us too young, but our core players need to take the next step already and become impactful veterans themselves.

4. IF we don't make playoffs this upcoming season, what is the plans for your player?

Well I recently signed on for two more seasons, so contractually i'd have to return to play another season. 

5. How important is player chemistry to you, do you need to get along with teammates off the ice to succeed?

Well it's always nice to get along with your teammates as it makes the atmosphere a little more fun to play in and it makes winning the big prize a lot more memorable.

6. What's your opinion on the chemistry of the Prague Phantoms

I think we have a pretty good thing going here. Chemistry isn't really an issue here as we got a good number of our guys  that have been here since the teams inaugural season mixed in with solid vets. We all get along too from what I see.

it has been great to see as this expansion team is bow ready to compete!

Overall play and growth from all our younger players!

No we will have a hell of a future and are already competing now

Keep progressing!

As a goalie, I am an individual but I would have to say overall chemistry is definitely important

It is great and winning will only improve it!

1. What do you think about the development over the last couple of seasons by the Prague Phantoms? - I paid a lot of attention to the playoff race, so I got to watch Prague a lot between playing in the VHLM last season. They're a tough, gritty team and I think they're set to be a contender soon. I think I'll fit in nicely here. 

2. After an early exit to Moscow, where can the team improve upon last year? - I think the big takeaway is that finishing plays was a problem at times last season. My style of play is geared towards finishing off opportunities, so maybe I can help with that as early as this season. 

3. Do you think the team is too young? Should we attempt to mix it up by acquiring some veterans in return for some young talent? - There's nothing wrong with a young team, as long as your expectations aren't too high. If your plan is to have a team grow together and dominate in their prime, then you need to be patient. Otherwise, you do need veteran presences to make a run. All depends on the direction the general manager wants to take. 

4. IF we don't make playoffs this upcoming season, what is the plans for your player? - Work harder and make the playoffs the next season? I'm going to be here for now unless the team decides otherwise. 

5. How important is player chemistry to you, do you need to get along with teammates off the ice to succeed? - I don't think it's absolutely crucial for on-ice success, but it sure helps! Having a good bond with your teammates is a surefire way to stay interested and motivated in improving yourself and playing your best hockey. I definitely think it's important. 

6. What's your opinion on the chemistry of the Prague Phantoms? - It hasn't been a long time with Prague yet, but I like it here. There's old friends, new ones, and people I wasn't sure I'd get along with at all, but it's working out great so far. I feel at home and my new teammates believe in me. I can't ask for more than that!

Offseason Presser:

I think we are getting the growth that we need, and a lot of players have stepped up into roles we need.

Where we fell short last year was probably offense, we couldn't get it going during the last bit of that season.

I've found DA to be a respectable GM, and even if I don't like the move it seems to turn out well in the end.

I don't know, Although I enjoy Prague it may be time to explore different options.

Chemistry is important, guys need to feel trust in each other in order to make those plays out on the ice.

I don't think it's horrible, it's decent. We do have some good chemistry that is still transferring to the ice level.

I think that we've been doing a nice job in this area lately. There's a solid group of guys putting in the work every week, and there's others that have been doing a little. Anything counts in the long-term picture. We were active in the free agency market last offseason, I'm not sure about this season - but I think we need to continue to take the next step upwards. 

Going into our fourth season, mostly intact, I think it's time for us to step things up and seriously compete. We started strong last year, only to fade down the second half. This time, we know what success tastes like and the amount of work necessary to maintain this high level of play. It's up to us if we can do this or not. I really hope we do. 

Last offseason, we decided to acquire two veterans and these guys [Roll Fizzlebeef and Brick Wahls] helped out big time. I'm not sure if we should give up a little more of our future in order to compete in the present. If we can maintain our core, continue to improve, and become better collectively as an unit - don't shake things up too much. 

To be honest - I don't know. I'm at the point where I am starting to wonder what else I can continue to work on with my player. I've been saving up all my contract moneys for regression, so yeah. We made it to the playoffs in our third year. We absolutely cannot take a step back at this point. We have to strive to move forward and try to make it to the second round at the very least. The Cup is what we want and we have to get it before our window closes on us. 

I think that player chemistry is important. It might not be the most important thing -- talent and continuous improvement is -- but it certainly helps out if you are enjoying your Discord LR. Sometimes winning or a long, quiet offseason can put a strain on the LR. We were quiet for a bit -- but I enjoy our LR, and the addition of new blood, namely Doomsday, has been wonderful. I look forward to another season of the friendly banter. 

See above. We're doing good in terms of chemistry. Just have to get some practice time in with the rookies, see where we stand this season. Try to shake up the lineup for the betterment of the team as a whole. At this point, we're all-in for the team. 

1.  What part of your game are you working on the most currently?

2. Fizzlebeef was our top scorer last year, any predictions on who takes it in S71?

3. What role do you hope to fill on this year's roster?

4. What are the odds this team can make the playoffs for a 2nd year in a row?

5. Who is our breakout candidate of the year?

6. How do you feel about your team's offseason moves this year?

1.  What part of your game are you working on the most currently? - Currently I'm working on getting my finishing, defensive, and positioning to a level I feel it needs to be at to play in the VHL. Good progress so far, but I will see what improvements need to be made once the season starts. 

2. Fizzlebeef was our top scorer last year, any predictions on who takes it in S71? - I think he kicks into another gear and exceeds his production from last season. The team record for points in a season is 67, I think he's breaking that this season!

3. What role do you hope to fill on this year's roster? - This season, I think I will be used as more of a checking forward, although I think I'll be able to contribute offensively as well. With Blake Laughton now in Helsinki, I'm going to have to fill his shoes as the tough guy on the team, and I'm ready to do it. 

4. What are the odds this team can make the playoffs for a 2nd year in a row? - Pretty good with the current shape of the European Conference, it's more of a question of which seed we can get. We'll need to make some noise if we don't want to get Moscow again in the first round. 

5. Who is our breakout candidate of the year? - Willie Dredge had 47 points last season, and I think he's going to bust onto the scene this year as a big scoring threat. He's a talented player coming into his prime and the league will be on notice. 

6. How do you feel about your team's offseason moves this year? - I was a fan of them, being one of them naturally. I really liked the Joel Ylonen addition as well, he's a really solid veteran addition that will help our guys really improve their game. Best part is that we have room to make an addition later on if we need to as well. 

6 hours ago, Sebster03 said:

My scoring. My defensive play improved vastly next season, I just need to work on finding the net. 

2. Fizzlebeef was our top scorer last year, any predictions on who takes it in S71?

Either him or Dredge. I think they’re both about to have a big year, maybe a defenseman like WSJ could compete as well.

I hope that I can be the number 2 centre behind Fizz, Or a top line winger position.

Pretty good, we’ve improved a lot, especially since adding Landry!

Dredge. He had a good year last season and I expect him to clip 60 points.

love them. Obviously losing Laughton hurts, but adding Ylonen and Landry will help a lot.

I've been working on my footwork, leg strength and plyometrics. I think the next step in my game is to really be a strong skater [I think I am okay with where I am after all my offseason work] and maybe try to round out my game - add a little to my puck handling, passing, maybe checking? I'll have to consult with our coaches on that one. 

I think it's going to be a good race between Fizzlebeef and Willie Dredge. Dredge has really put in the work on his scoring lately so I expect him to be a sniper this upcoming season. Now that I think about it, I should work on my passing to better feed them. 

I was a first-liner my first two years before being relegated to the second line last season. I ended up posting a career-high in goals and posted an positive plus/minus rating. The plus/minus rating was huge for me as that's always been my benchmark of how good I am playing/contributing to the team. I hope to improve upon that plus/minus rating and maybe try to be a more positive influence on both ends of the rink. 

We will. No doubt about it. 

Willie Dredge for sure. He's kind of been playing under the radar his first three years with me -- but I can see that he's definitely ready to take the next step in his game. I hope that we'll be playing on the same line so I can make a concentrated effort to feed him. 

We kept mostly everybody and added Joel Ylonen, a veteran forward. We definitely needed him as he'll contribute on both ends of the rink. I look forward to us taking another step forward as a team this year and really try to make some noise. 

1. If you had to lace up using any color laces what color would it be...you can't pick white? (please explain why.)

2. Would you rather be a MMA champion or be a WWE star ?

3. Would you go streaking across the rink during a home game for 80 million dollars knowing there’s a 50/50 chance you’ll get arrested for indecent exposure and possible fired (depends on if @diamond_ace is feeling merciful)?

4. What is the craziest thing you’ve ever done with teammates ?

5. If you could have an unlimited storage of one thing, what would it be?

6.) If you had to become an inanimate object for a year, what object would you choose to be?

Defense Defense and Defense. Gotta do it for the team.

I want to be producing at that level for our team, I think its about time.

I am shooting for a big offensive producer this year.

I don't think it is a longshot at all, I think we have a good chance and were looking to go farther in the playoffs.

Given that I could only put up 40-50 point range, I would like to breakout this season and produce good numbers for my team.

I think the moves made help our team, especially my line as we added some great talent in Ylonen.

On 3/24/2020 at 2:58 PM, BladeMaiden said:

1. If you had to lace up using any color laces what color would it be...you can't pick white? (please explain why.)

Bright hunter's Orange. Hopefully it'll catch some player's eye and it'll distract them from looking at the puck. Even if it's just for a quarter second it would do it's job.

MMA Champion for sure, WWE stars are a bunch of phonies. 

3. Would you go streaking across the rink during a home game for 80 million dollars knowing there’s a 50/50 chance you’ll get arrested for indecent exposure and possible fired (depends on if @diamond_ace is feeling merciful)?

80 Million is more than i'll make in career earnings in the VHL, fuck ya i would and I wouldn't even hesitate!

Punching and mugging a cabbie after a late night out with Alex Pearson @Jayrad28

Cars and guns

6.) If you had to become an inanimate object for a year, what object would you choose to be?

The glass ketchup bottle that gives everyone a hard time.

17 hours ago, Sebster03 said:

The glass ketchup bottle that gives everyone a hard time.

This seems more like you are secretly a little kinky and want people to slap your bottom hard till you give up the goods...lol

Edited by BladeMaiden

Purple! Team colors plus it can be bad ass!

WWE because they don't get for real injured haha

3. Would you go streaking across the rink during a home game for 80 million dollars knowing there’s a 50/50 chance you’ll get arrested for indecent exposure and possible fired (depends on if @diamond_ace is feeling merciful)?

Hell yeah @BladeMaiden and you are coming with!

We sang "We are the Champions" after being eliminated from the playoffs!

Moneys :) 

A shower head in the Prague LR ;) 

Questions For The Phantoms: Let's Get Random ; ]

1. Which bread do you think would fly furthest – Naan thrown like a frisby, or a baguette thrown like a javelin?
  2. What food would you consider your mortal enemy?
  3. Do you think you could make in footie pajamas cute/ cool? Why? Would you wear them for a magazine photo-shoot with the team?
  4. If you could make out with any cartoon character, who would you pick?
  5. What’s the worst you’ve seen a teammate screw up on social media?
  6. Do you think male turkeys look at female turkeys and think- Damn! I’d like to ruffle those feathers?!
  7. If you were going to chug a 2 liter of any beverage, what would it be?
  8. What do you dislike but have no good reason for disliking?

1. Which bread do you think would fly furthest – a Naan thrown like a frisby, or a baguette thrown like a javelin? - I'm not sure if the baguette is aerodynamic enough to act like a javelin, but I could see the Naan working as a respectable frisbee. Now that's the Hunger Games!
  2. What food would you consider your mortal enemy? - So far, really spicy beef sticks are the only thing to put me in the hospital (gall bladder attack). However, it was only one particular brand, as I've avoided them ever since and other brands have treated me well. 
  3. Do you think you could make in footie pajamas cute/ cool? Why? Would you wear them for a magazine photo-shoot with the team? - Oh hell yeah. With Prague's colors, they would be stylin' for sure. We'd be able to sell a lot of calendars!
  4. What’s the worst you’ve seen a teammate screw up on social media? - Probably getting banned (temporarily) after getting into a fight over not knowing about other time zones. Good times. 
  5. Do you think male turkeys look at female turkeys and think- Damn! I’d like to ruffle those feathers?! - Animals are biologically programmed to be sex machines. I don't think they as much as think it as they just act upon primal urges. The feathers might have something to do with it though. 
  6. If you were going to chug a 2 liter of any beverage, what would it be? - Probably Baja Blast. It's so rare to come across it that I could see myself downing a whole two liter. 
Edited by Doomsday

I would choose pink. It's sort of become our team color for this year… and it seems to be working out rather well for us. After all, pink is the new black as you surely should be aware of by now. 

I grew up during the WWF Attitude Era and oh man, those were the good old days. Shit was real and people bought into the hype. While WWE isn't quite the same nowadays, I'd rather that than getting the shit beaten out of me in the MMA. 

3. Would you go streaking across the rink during a home game for 80 million dollars knowing there’s a 50/50 chance you’ll get arrested for indecent exposure and possible fired (depends on if @diamond_ace is feeling merciful)?

I totally would. Prague isn't paying me too much, so I'd rather take the gamble on a $80M wager. If the worst case happens, then I know that Jason Glasser will bait me out cause he needs my ass on defense. 

I believe it was back when we were doing the train line shot challenge… where you had to line up five different shot glasses with five different liquors - then you just chugged right along the line and finish them all within 30 seconds. Fair to say that we were all buzzed as fuck by the end of our respective challenges. Good times. 

I'd love to have an unlimited storage of pizzas. Man cannot get enough of pizzas and I probably could eat this everyday if possible. Coupled with unlimited storage, I'd live happily ever afterwards. 

The mirror in Prague's LR. Just to be able to observe and reflect everybody's likeness for a year, that's something I would sign up for in an instant. 

6 hours ago, BladeMaiden said:

1. Which bread do you think would fly furthest – Naan thrown like a frisby, or a baguette thrown like a javelin?

Probably Naan since you could leverage the lift.

1. What food would you consider your mortal enemy?

Beans. Or mayo.

1. Do you think you could make in footie pajamas cute/ cool? Why? Would you wear them for a magazine photo-shoot with the team?

They are already cute & cool. Who wouldn't want to wear them?

1. What’s the worst you’ve seen a teammate screw up on social media?

Early last season while we were playing New York (we won 6-3), I saw Solomon Crawford tweet out "Those Americans are getting railed by my #PP!"

1. Do you think male turkeys look at female turkeys and think- Damn! I’d like to ruffle those feathers?!

I don't think turkeys think in English but I'm betting they say the Turkish equivalent.

1. If you were going to chug a 2 liter of any beverage, what would it be?

That's a lot of liquid for one chug so it'd have to be something easy to drink like a light beer or apple juice.

1. What do you dislike but have no good reason for disliking?

I think everything I dislike is for a good reason; it just depends on whether or not you agree with that reasoning. Vibrams might be the closest thing to not have a good reason but I feel my reasons are good enough.

1. Which bread do you think would fly furthest – Naan thrown like a frisby, or a baguette thrown like a javelin? - Definitely the baguette, but it would be close than you imagine
  2. What food would you consider your mortal enemy? - Meatloaf, fuck meatloaf theres just something about it I can't stand 
  3. Do you think you could make in footie pajamas cute/ cool? Why? Would you wear them for a magazine photo-shoot with the team? - You can make anything cool, just rock it and give no fucks about others opinions.
  4. If you could make out with any cartoon character, who would you pick? - Honestly not too knowledgable in cartoon characters so maybe a disney princess? 
  5. What’s the worst you’ve seen a teammate screw up on social media? - I once watched Alex Pearson deepthroat a banana during a post-game interview, where he forgot the press was watching. Who knows what was going on that day...
  6. Do you think male turkeys look at female turkeys and think- Damn! I’d like to ruffle those feathers?! - Male turkeys are alpha as fuck, so yes they are always thinking about dat turkey booty.
  7. If you were going to chug a 2 liter of any beverage, what would it be? - Water is life. Forget the rest.
  8. What do you dislike but have no good reason for disliking? - Probably back to Q1, meatloaf is just something that I dislike mentally but honestly if I try it again I probably wouldn't hate it, just maybe slightly dislike the texture.

On 3/30/2020 at 4:02 AM, BladeMaiden said:

Which bread do you think would fly furthest – Naan thrown like a frisby, or a baguette thrown like a javelin?

haha i'm not sure havent tried tossing bread before but I'd guess that the naan bread would probably fly better

What food would you consider your mortal enemy?

Does it have to be food? Or can I pick a drink too? If so it's got to be tequila, I've been so sick off tequila after a specific party that now i can't even stand the smell of it, I'll puke. 

Do you think you could make in footie pajamas cute/ cool? Why? Would you wear them for a magazine photo-shoot with the team?

I honestly had to look up what that was. So a onesie? Fuck ya i'd rock those out for a team photo I think we'd all look hilarious! Why no go for Phantom/Rhino themed onesies while were at it?

If you could make out with any cartoon character, who would you pick?

Wow wasn't expecting that one. I have never really thought about it before, how about that dumb chick from family guy? The one that dates Brian for a bit. She's REALLY dumb so so I can probably trick her into making out with me haha say it's for science or something.

What’s the worst you’ve seen a teammate screw up on social media?

I'm not sure, I dont go on social media anymore.  But, I heard that Frobe accidently texted WSJ a dickpic instead of a set of tires he was trying to pawn off only for WSJ to respond "Nice dick bro"

Do you think male turkeys look at female turkeys and think- Damn! I’d like to ruffle those feathers?!

Turkeys can get horny too you know? I think it's pretty comparable to us dudes wanting to go smack a nice ass.

If you were going to chug a 2 liter of any beverage, what would it be?\

Well first off I wouldn't recommend you drink a 2 liter jug of anything really. But I guess if I had to it would just be plain water.

What do you dislike but have no good reason for disliking?

I hate septum piercings.

I would like to think the baguette but if you get a stiff enough piece of Naan, that will likely if the wind gets under it

1. What food would you consider your mortal enemy?

PEANUT BUTTER or KETCHUP or RANCH DRESSING EWWWWWWWWWWW

1. Do you think you could make in footie pajamas cute/ cool? Why? Would you wear them for a magazine photo-shoot with the team?

YES I WILL MAKE THEM SEXY!

1. If you could make out with any cartoon character, who would you pick?

ANNA from Frozen. Or Elsa. Or both...hmm....

1. Do you think male turkeys look at female turkeys and think- Damn! I’d like to ruffle those feathers?!

Gobble Gobble, amirite? ;) 

1. If you were going to chug a 2 liter of any beverage, what would it be?

Water, anything else, is tough to chug.

Hay Phantoms, lets get down to it :)

1. What’s the first thing you look at when you shower with a teammate naked?
  2. Do you secretly wish Santa was real?
  3. Does anyone ever vanish with a trace?
  4. Which way should toilet paper face on the holder?
  5. Have you ever look in the mirror and wink at yourself
  6. What’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever eaten and liked?
  7. Could you beat The Prague GM @diamond_ace in a staring contest?
  8. What disease did cured ham actually have?
  9. If you could fart the melody of any song, what tune would you toot?
  10. Do you think rock, paper, scissors is an effective way to solve disagreements?
  11. Do illiterate people get the full effect of the alphabet soup?
  12. What kid’s movie terrifies you?

1. What’s the first thing you look at when you shower with a teammate naked? - I follow Hank Hill's advice: count the tiles on the floor. 
  2. Do you secretly wish Santa was real? - Santa is real! St. Nick was a real historical figure, and although Santa isn't the same as the stories we tell our kids, Santa exists through everyone. The kindness in our hearts at Christmastime is how Santa exists today. But the best part is, once you know the secret, you're Santa too!
  3. Does anyone ever vanish with a trace? - Sure does happen, just ask Jimmy Hoffa and Ray Gricar.
  4. Which way should toilet paper face on the holder? - The patent shows the correct direction that toilet paper is meant to face. Anything else is wrong.
  5. What disease did cured ham actually have? - Being basic as fuck.
  6. Do you think rock, paper, scissors is an effective way to solve disagreements? - For a situation in which you want a truly random solution, there is nothing better. It's just as hard to intentionally lose as it is to win.