Prague Phantoms Press Conference

Jbeezy76

46 minutes ago, animal74 said:

#Phamily Press Conference

1. In spite of some player losses in the off-season and free agency, in what area do you think the Phantoms have improved the most?

I think our offense has gotten better. We already had an elite defense so it was the only area we can really greatly improve on and I think we've done that.

2. Do you think Prague has a realistic shot at winning the European Conference in S72?

Of course. Despite our losses we're still a really good team and I think we could make a real deep push this year.

3. What is your summer drink of choice?

I absolutely love watermelon juice. Very refreshing, especially in the summer heat.

4. What book/movie have you read/watched recently that you would recommend to your teammates?

I recently watched Garfield: The Tale of Two Kitties and I think everyone should watch it.

5. What advice do you have for our two newly drafted prospects, Riley Knight Gee @KnightRiley and Ernie King @Greg Ernest?

Just keep on that grind and you'll do fine. You'll make fine additions to the team as long as you keep putting the work in.

6. Last year, Brick Wahl had his best season and set numerous career-highs. Which stat do you think you can set a career-high in this season?

At this point I'm just hoping I can beat last season. Can't go anywhere but up.

7. Who do you think was the biggest snub at the VHL S71 Awards?
Very disappointed that my work as a hotdog stand employee went unnoticed in the awards ceremony.

14 hours ago, animal74 said:

1. In spite of some player losses in the off-season and free agency, in what area do you think the Phantoms have improved the most?

Mental - we made improvements last season and can build upon these.

2. Do you think Prague has a realistic shot at winning the European Conference in S72?

Realistic, maybe. Mathematically possible? Definitely

Golden Ale

4. What book/movie have you read/watched recently that you would recommend to your teammates?

Jumanji 2

5. What advice do you have for our two newly drafted prospects, Riley Knight Gee @KnightRiley and Ernie King @Greg Ernest?

Keep working on improving your TPE every week. Improvement is slow but steady.

6. Last year, Brick Wahl had his best season and set numerous career-highs. Which stat do you think you can set a career-high in this season?

Shots Blocked.

Sorry, I didn't watch them.

21 hours ago, animal74 said:

I think our defence has taken a step forward just based off development. 

It’s tough to say, it depends or Crawford can hold down the fort

Twisted tea babyyyy

I’m binge watching modern family right now, it’s a funny show so you should check it out.

Just keep hitting that grind and have fun!

I mean Points would be nice, but as my age creeps up I’m not sure how doable it is

None really. Brick cleaned up 

On 5/19/2020 at 4:19 PM, animal74 said:

I think out of everything we've improved our team culture in our locker room. We got quite a few strong leaders in there and we're continuously growing together. 

Well this is going to be quite the tough transition year for the team. We lost a few key important vets and failed to pickup Smitty and Gritty in the offseason. But we still brought in some new faces and if everyone gels well together stay on the same page and gives it their all,anything is possible.

I used to love my AKs (Alexander Keith's) but i've quit drinking since the cabbie incident. Now I'd have to say smoothies, it's healthier and still tastes fantastic.

I don't really watch much tv. You'll find me either in my garage tinkering around or out in the woods. I'm not home very often.

Keep your head up since anything is possible if you give it your all. You'll go far as long as your putting in the work for it. I want all of you young guys to make it to wearing the purple jersey one day, it's in our best interest after all. 

Well I also had a career year last year, so that'll be pretty hard to beat but I think I'd like to set a career high in plus/minus this season. I haven't been the best defender when it comes to plus/minus during my career and i'd like to change that this year.

I think everyone who won deserved to win, except perhaps for the Elmebeck trophy, however I'm more concerned with the lack of Phantom's representation at the all star game.

Edited by Seabass

NEW PRESSER

1. The team went though a rough start to the season, what contribution best helped us conquer that rough patch?

2.  If an NHL contract was offered to you, would you abandon the VHL?

3. Who do you think most improved so far over last season?

4. Summertime is here! What is you favourite flavor of ice cream?

5.  What's your go to cardio routine?

6. Block was our scoring leader in S71 and FIzzlebeef, who's playing his last season in the VHL currently leads all Phantoms in scoring.  Who do you think will lead the team in scoring at year's end?

1. The team went though a rough start to the season, what contribution best helped us conquer that rough patch? - The big thing was that nobody gave up. We recognized that it's a long season, and that we had time to right the ship. We acquired some more depth, worked on finding that chemistry that's so crucial in this league, and we've started to show what we're made of. 

2.  If an NHL contract was offered to you, would you abandon the VHL? - The NHL? What's the NHL?

3. Who do you think most improved so far over last season? - The only answer here is Solomon Crawford. This is a guy that the team was admittedly nervous about taking the crease last season, and suddenly, he's the man now. He's been showing that he's more than capable of getting this team to the next level. 

4. Summertime is here! What is you favourite flavor of ice cream? - Chocolate chip cookie dough, so so good, yet so dangerous. 

5.  What's your go to cardio routine? - I just like to get out there and skate. I have a routine where I'll alternate between high and lower intensity skating, and it has worked a lot for me. Not only is my endurance staying at a high level, but my skating is improving as well. 

6. Block was our scoring leader in S71 and FIzzlebeef, who's playing his last season in the VHL currently leads all Phantoms in scoring.  Who do you think will lead the team in scoring at year's end? - I wouldn't be surprised if they both finish with similar point totals. They're both key pieces to this offense, Cinnabun is the facilitator and Fizzlebeef is a very rounded player. If Fizzlebeef keeps this up, I think he might finish with more points since he'll score more goals than Block, but I don't think it'll be by very much. 

1. The team went though a rough start to the season, what contribution best helped us conquer that rough patch?

Sticking together as a Phamily and keeping a positive attitude. Also, leading the league in goals has helped and Crawford has been insane in net over the last few games. 

I think yes. I mean you've got to try, right? Give it a shot and see how it goes. I'd come back to the VHL of course.

Well Crawford is obviously but McGirr @cartoes has been on fire! He's half-way (7) to his goal total from last season and we're only 10 games in! Crazy!

Oh man, don't make me choose. I love ice cream. Anything with chocolate but I think my favorite is Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Swiss Almond.

Running and skating.

6. Block was our scoring leader in S71 and FIzzlebeef, who's playing his last season in the VHL currently leads all Phantoms in scoring.  Who do you think will lead the team in scoring at year's end?

I think Fizzlebeef will hold on to to the scoring lead.

Edited by animal74

On 5/26/2020 at 6:51 AM, Seabass said:

NEW PRESSER

1) I think everyone knew it was just the start of the season and we needed to get back into the groove of things.

2) Depends on the team. Montreal or Toronto and I'm staying here.

3) I think I have, to be honest.

4) Strawberry.

5) I like going for a run.

6. Fizzlebeef.

On 5/26/2020 at 6:51 AM, Seabass said:

NEW PRESSER

We just kept on that grind. We kept doing what we were doing, and after a couple of line changes we were able to get in the wins column

I mean, it depends on the team. I wouldn't go to any rebuilding teams, as well as Vegas, Calgary, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, Carolina, or Florida. Pretty much anyone else I'd be alright with.

I gotta go with the big netminder, Crawford. It's hard to follow up the performance Wahl had last season but he's been holding his own and giving our team a chance every night.

Vanilla has been, is, and will be my favorite ice cream flavor.

I'd usually go out and skate for a couple hours but due to the circumstances, I go and run a couple miles on my elliptical. 

I'd give the nod to Fizzlebeef. He's playing well so far and there's no reason to think he's gonna slow down.

On 5/26/2020 at 11:51 AM, Seabass said:

NEW PRESSER

We just took a bit longer than usual to shake off the rust.

If they were a contender.

Crawford has done great considering how many shots hes facing. Keeping us in games. 

Banana

HIIT on an exercise bike and box jumps for those fast twitch leg muscles

Fizzlebeef will go out in style. 

1. We just traded our beloved masked man, Solomon Crawford @AW13 to Malmo. What do you buy him as a parting gift?

2. If you could tell our new teammates, Virgil Ligriv @MMFLEX and Adam Syreck @Spade18, one thing about the Phantoms, what would it be?

3. What is a more important stat for the team after 26 games? That we lead the VHL in Shots Blocked (922), Hits (480), or Power Play (24.21%)?

4. What would you prefer as a team-building exercise? Back country camping, a silly Olympics, or a golf trip?

5. Our next six games are against European rivals (Davos, Moscow, Moscow, Moscow, Malmo, Riga). What will our record be in these six games?

6. If you’re not watching hockey, what sport do you enjoy watching as well?

20 hours ago, animal74 said:

1. We just traded our beloved masked man, Solomon Crawford @AW13 to Malmo. What do you buy him as a parting gift?

A sieve, to illustrate what his nickname will be after we play him.

2. If you could tell our new teammates, Virgil Ligriv @MMFLEX and Adam Syreck @Spade18, one thing about the Phantoms, what would it be?

It's a great team chemistry and we listen to all the team. 

3. What is a more important stat for the team after 26 games? That we lead the VHL in Shots Blocked (922), Hits (480), or Power Play (24.21%)?

Shots blocked. The shows our defence first mentality. 

4. What would you prefer as a team-building exercise? Back country camping, a silly Olympics, or a golf trip?

Silly Olympics.

5. Our next six games are against European rivals (Davos, Moscow, Moscow, Moscow, Malmo, Riga). What will our record be in these six games?

At least

Rugby .500 points.

Rugby

1. I 

On 6/3/2020 at 1:23 PM, animal74 said:

I bought him a 2-4 of Urquell to remember his time in Prague

Welcome to the team boys. Were a tight team and a lot of us have been here a while but were really approachable and inclusive to new comers. You should fit in just fine

Having the top powerplay is definitely the team stat im most proud of. If we dominate the special teams most often than not we win games.

Camping for sure, everyone bonds over a camp fire and a few beers.

Hopefully 6-0!

I enjoy watching football

PRESSER QUESTIONS

1. Whats been your favourite vacation destination so far?

2. What kind of music do you listen to?

3. What's going wrong for your team right now?

4. Do you think the Phantoms will be buyers or sellers this trade deadline?

5. What was your first set of wheels?

6. What can you do better in order to help your team?

19 hours ago, Seabass said:

PRESSER QUESTIONS

Scotland. The castles, the highlands, the history - amazing! Parts of France were awesome, too. I'd go back to Mont St. Michel in a second. Also, any time in the Canadian mountains. 

I like a wide variety. Generally alt or heavy rock or pop with a good beat. Also like quieter stuff - classical, ambient, celtic, etc. Anything but screamo metal and country. 

We are still giving up too many shots and taking too many penalties. We need to be better on the PK and we are not being efficient enough in the shootout.

Neither. I think we have a growing team that can stand pat and see how next year plays out. If anything may get some futures as our prospect pool is thin.

Ha! A silver 1986 Toyota Tercel hatchback. My buddies dubbed it the "Silver Bullet".

Since I'm on the PK, I need to win more faceoffs. I also need to score in the shootout. ?

On 6/8/2020 at 10:05 PM, Seabass said:

PRESSER QUESTIONS

1) Peru.

2) I like hip hop/rap and EDM. For hip hop/rap, I really like Logic, RTJ, Brockhampton and older Kanye. For EDM I'm a big fan of ODESZA, Illenium, and Midnight Kids.

3) I think we are giving up too many shots.

4) I am curious to see if we will make a move to get us some more wins.

5) 2015 Nissan Rogue.

6) I'd like to take less PIMs.

On 6/8/2020 at 10:05 PM, Seabass said:

PRESSER QUESTIONS

I really enjoyed Disney World. Everything's pretty well tailored to you so you end up with the experience that you want.

I listen to a lot of rap and hip hop. Depends on my mood really

We're letting the other teams get too many shots, as well as giving them too many opportunities in the man up. 

Maybe buyers. I don't think we'll make any big moves but maybe a few pieces to just solidify the lineup.

2013 Volkswagen Passat. Still have it

Just play smarter defensively. I feel like I've been doing a decent job not taking as many penalties but still throwing the body a decent amount. Just gotta get in front of some shots and give our goalie an easier time.

1. The VHL will add another 4 teams to the league next season. Sadly, if you happen to get picked in the Expansion Draft, which team would you prefer to go to: Los Angeles Stars, Chicago Phoenix, London United, or Warsaw Predators?

2. We've won a couple of games now via the shoot out but who do you think deserves a chance to dangle in the top three for Prague?

3. If both our goalies go down in a game (heaven forbid!) which Phantom is best suited to be pressed into service as the emergency backup?

4. If money and era were no object, what would be your dream car to drive?

5. You're going on a zoo trip. Which animal is your first stop and why?

6. Geek question: You and your posse are going on a dungeon raid. What is your melee weapon of choice?

Hey Phantoms, Allow me to Introduce myself I'm Venus Thightrap currently of the Las Vegas Aces. I have some fun questions to help spice up the boring monotony of VHL life :DPick 6

• On average, how many times a week do you hurt yourself trying to dance in the shower? When You Dance In the Team shower are you dancing alone? Or is it a team effort?
  • What’s the most money you’ve ever drunkenly spent at McDonald’s? What did you get?
  • On a scale of 1 to 10, how intolerable do you find players that post their entire lives on their insta ?
  • How many bowls of cereal do you eat every single day and why aren’t you eating more?
  • Who on your team would you let punch you directly in the face no questions asked?
  • How many days have you gone without showering? Did people notice?
  • How old were you when you realized Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny probably never actually knew one another in real life?
  • Can you fit your whole fist in your mouth? Are you trying to now? lol

❤️ Much love

Venus Thightrap, 3rd Line C LVA

1. The VHL will add another 4 teams to the league next season. Sadly, if you happen to get picked in the Expansion Draft, which team would you prefer to go to: Los Angeles Stars, Chicago Phoenix, London United, or Warsaw Predators? - I don't think I need to worry about that happening, but I'd have had no issues playing for any of those teams. I've had extensive experience working with Jeff and McWolf, so their teams would have definitely been a preference if I absolutely had to narrow it down. 

2. We've won a couple of games now via the shoot out but who do you think deserves a chance to dangle in the top three for Prague? - I think Dagmar Havlova would surprise a lot of people in the shootout. She doesn't get a lot of looks or attention, but she's quietly been developing her offensive repitoire and I'm confident she'd catch tendies off guard with it!

3. If both our goalies go down in a game (heaven forbid!) which Phantom is best suited to be pressed into service as the emergency backup? - Wolf Stansson Jr is 6'8 and 250 pounds, get the pads on him and I think he'd be able to cover enough of the net for us in a pinch! Plus we already know he's not afraid of the puck!

4. If money and era were no object, what would be your dream car to drive? - A Ford GT40, one of the originals from around 1967 or so. Absolutely beautiful machines and having one would be a dream come true!

5. You're going on a zoo trip. Which animal is your first stop and why? - I always enjoy seeing the eagles and other large birds. They're not something I usually get to see, so getting to see them much closer than I'd ever be able to is a real treat.

6. Geek question: You and your posse are going on a dungeon raid. What is your melee weapon of choice? - The ideal weapon of choice would be a lightsaber, as it has tremendous power, immediately cauterizes wounds to prevent infections from undead enemies and you don't need to worry about it breaking. For something more realistic, I'd want to go with the classic sword and shield. Good mix of effectiveness up close, and you can defend yourself from ranged weapons as well. 

• On average, how many times a week do you hurt yourself trying to dance in the shower? When You Dance In the Team shower are you dancing alone? Or is it a team effort? - I've been fortunate to avoid injuries so far, knock on wood. No comment on the kind of dancing you see after a big win, though. 
  • What’s the most money you’ve ever drunkenly spent at McDonald’s? What did you get? - I've never left the general area of a place I've been intoxicated while still under the effects of it. Turns out that's a great way to avoid impulse purchases!
  • On a scale of 1 to 10, how intolerable do you find players that post their entire lives on their insta ? - I'd say 5, because I'm largely indifferent. There's some stuff that makes you roll your eyes because it's obviously for attention, but some of the stuff they share is pretty neat. But it's their business what they post, not mine. 
  • How many bowls of cereal do you eat every single day and why aren’t you eating more? - Because cereal simply isn't filling at all. Regardless of how many you eat, you're still hungry an hour later. I mean, I like a good bowl of cereal, but it just doesn't make much of a meal. 
  • Who on your team would you let punch you directly in the face no questions asked? - Does anyone enjoy being punched in the face? I can't really imagine being ok with just being clocked suddenly with no stipulations attached. 
  • How many days have you gone without showering? Did people notice? - You can't go without showering when you play hockey, because people absolutely will notice regardless of how hard you try to cover it up!
  • How old were you when you realized Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny probably never actually knew one another in real life? - The Santa Clause films clearly show that they do, in fact, know each other and are bros. This is a scientific fact. 
  • Can you fit your whole fist in your mouth? Are you trying to now? lol - I'm always baffled at the places people can fit a fist.

On 6/17/2020 at 4:37 PM, animal74 said:

1. The VHL will add another 4 teams to the league next season. Sadly, if you happen to get picked in the Expansion Draft, which team would you prefer to go to: Los Angeles Stars, Chicago Phoenix, London United, or Warsaw Predators?

Lets go live in Hollywood oh yeah lets see if its true what they say.

2. We've won a couple of games now via the shoot out but who do you think deserves a chance to dangle in the top three for Prague?

In my mind Fizzlebeef, Landry and Block all belong in our top 3

3. If both our goalies go down in a game (heaven forbid!) which Phantom is best suited to be pressed into service as the emergency backup?

I'll throw my name in the hat! I got enough flexibility to be half decent

4. If money and era were no object, what would be your dream car to drive?

Well my player already owns a classic BMW E30 so why not a 2020 BMW M2

5. You're going on a zoo trip. Which animal is your first stop and why?

The Butterfly cage! Something thrilling about stepping in a room with those beautiful colored fuckers flying all around you. 

6. Geek question: You and your posse are going on a dungeon raid. What is your melee weapon of choice?

A flail theres something intimidating about them.

On 6/21/2020 at 8:41 PM, BladeMaiden said:
  • On average, how many times a week do you hurt yourself trying to dance in the shower? When You Dance In the Team shower are you dancing alone? Or is it a team effort?

The Phantoms routinely do the can-can in the showers after wins. I, fortunately, have never injured myself during these endeavors.

• What’s the most money you’ve ever drunkenly spent at McDonald’s? What did you get?

As I've never been drunk - $0.

• On a scale of 1 to 10, how intolerable do you find players that post their entire lives on their insta ?

I'm not on Instagram very often so it doesn't bother me much. I hear @Doomsday has quite the following though!

• How many bowls of cereal do you eat every single day and why aren’t you eating more?

Probably one for sure and sometimes 3-4 if I'm super hungry and the cereal is extra delicious!

• Who on your team would you let punch you directly in the face no questions asked?

Palazzo. He'd probably miss.

• How many days have you gone without showering? Did people notice?

Sometimes when I'm camping I can go 3-4 days without showering. As I'm getting older, I notice.

Hey Phantoms Fam, I have some Questions for you :3 I look forward to your answers ❤️

• What’s your favourite flavour of Skittle?
  • How many sandwiches have you eaten off the floor?
  • How many bottles of beer have you finished without ever actually pouring any of the beer into a glass? were you able to walk after ??
  • Who was your favorite Power Ranger?
  •  How many donuts are you capable of eating in one sitting? do you have a bulk doughnut eating strategy ?
  • funny job interview questionsWho was your favourite Spice Girl?
  • How violently do you have to fight the urge to scream when you hear the ice cream truck coming?
  • Say there’s like a whole box of Teddy Grahams in a room all by themselves. Say I left them there and told you not to eat any until I got back. How long would it take you to disobey my wishes?

14 hours ago, BladeMaiden said:

Hey Phantoms Fam, I have some Questions for you :3 I look forward to your answers ❤️

• How many bottles of beer have you finished without ever actually pouring any of the beer into a glass? were you able to walk after ??
  •  How many donuts are you capable of eating in one sitting? do you have a bulk doughnut eating strategy ?
  • How violently do you have to fight the urge to scream when you hear the ice cream truck coming?
  • Say there’s like a whole box of Teddy Grahams in a room all by themselves. Say I left them there and told you not to eat any until I got back. How long would it take you to disobey my wishes?

1 - Red Skittles.
2 - 0

3 - Beer should always be poured into a glass! 

4 - Red Ranger.

5 - 3.

6 - The only Spice Girl I know is Mel B.

7 - Not very much.

8 - Probably a while, Teddy Grahams are mediocre.

On 7/3/2020 at 2:05 AM, BladeMaiden said:

1. Yellow from the original red bag. Fists were thrown in my house as a child for the last yellow skittle in the bag.

2. I don't know probably just a couple, depends if the whole sanwhich opens up on the floor or stays intact. If it's intact and I trust the floor to be generally cleanish i'll eat that up anyways. Why waste a good sandwhich?

3. I usually drink my beer out of a can most times as I don't really like drinking from a bottle. But when I do i'm at the bar and I'll bring that fucker with me to the dancefloor! 

4. The Green one because he was different.

5. Not huge on the doughnuts, probably 2-3. Soo much sugar!

6. I don't know their names I'll be honest. Wasn't David Beckham's wife one of them? 

7.  I don't know so much about the urge of screaming but I have to fight the urge to just hop in the ice cream truck and live there. As a child that's dangerous but as a man that's just plain wierd. 

8. Is the box already opened? If it is 2 minutes is all it'll take. If it's sealed I wouldn't touch now would I? It would give me away right away.