Prague Phantoms Press Conference

Jbeezy76

On 10/1/2020 at 11:53 AM, Seabass said:

1. The Team is on a 4 game winning streak currently, what must the team keep doing in order to extend this winning streak?

Keep getting pucks on net

2. Gary Tarantino was the team's top scorer last season right now he's currently sitting with 15 points in 28 games. Are you confident that he can return to last year's form?

I think it'll be hard for him to beat last year's performance

3. Ohradka currently is tearing it up with 32 points in 28 games, will he be able to keep it up and make this a career year for himself?

Yes, he's a machine

On 10/1/2020 at 11:53 AM, Seabass said:

4. McPine has been phenomenal, the team hasn't had this kind of play since the days of Brick Wahl. Should McPine be considered as one of the VHL's elite goaltenders now?

They're certainly working their way into that category

5. What's your favourite thing about the fall?

It's not so damn hot

6.Are you a dog person or a cat person?

Neither (despite having both)

1. The Theme Week is "Dream Teams". Who would be on your All-Time Prague Phantom Dream Team (3F, 2D, 1G)?

2. Rookie puckstopper John Poremba @CrlineDijohn14 has come from nowhere and won 8 of his first 11 starts to help push the Phantoms back into the playoff picture. How would you describe his play so far this season?

3. Dagmar Havlova @diamond_ace  is on pace to become the first 80-point scorer in franchise history. Will she hit that mark?

4. All five of our rookies (Baillie Jr, Gee, LeClair II, Poremba, Lebastard) have made significant contributions this season. Who has impresssed you and how do you feel about the future of the Phantoms?

5. Where do you sit as a pumpkin fan?  A. Love it!   B. It's ok.   C. Can't stand it.

6. What's a traditional Thanksgiving dish for your family that not many people have heard of?

21 hours ago, animal74 said:

1. The Theme Week is "Dream Teams". Who would be on your All-Time Prague Phantom Dream Team (3F, 2D, 1G)?

2. Rookie puckstopper John Poremba @CrlineDijohn14 has come from nowhere and won 8 of his first 11 starts to help push the Phantoms back into the playoff picture. How would you describe his play so far this season?

3. Dagmar Havlova @diamond_ace  is on pace to become the first 80-point scorer in franchise history. Will she hit that mark?

4. All five of our rookies (Baillie Jr, Gee, LeClair II, Poremba, Lebastard) have made significant contributions this season. Who has impresssed you and how do you feel about the future of the Phantoms?

5. Where do you sit as a pumpkin fan?  A. Love it!   B. It's ok.   C. Can't stand it.

6. What's a traditional Thanksgiving dish for your family that not many people have heard of?

1. F - Alex Pearson  F - Thomas Landry II F - Ondrej Ohradka D - Wolf Stansson Jr D - Cinnamon Block G - Brick Wahl

2. He's incredible. I'm glad I signed a 3 year deal

3. No doubt about it

4. Baillie Jr has been incredible all season. The future is bright

5. B. It's ok.

6. My family is Lebanese, so we make a bunch of Leb food for all our holiday meals. Grape leaves, cabbage rolls, kibbeh. Things like that

On 10/8/2020 at 1:08 PM, animal74 said:

1. Pearson, McGirr, Havlova, Cinnamon Block, Stansson Jr, Brick Wahl. But I can see Mcpine taking over that spot in a couple seasons.

2. Unreal! His play is exactly what we need of were going to contend. 

3. I have no doubt in my mind that Havlova can hit that mark. Potentially even more.

4. Although I am happy with how myrookie season is going I gotta give it up to poremba. I'm sure LeClair II will end up leading this franchise in points but for now this wins are super important.

5. I like it! baked, tempura, boiled, love the seeds too.

6. We always had a pretty traditional Thanksgiving. Turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing or dressing depending on where you're from, veggies and gravy, pumpkin pie for dessert. Unfortunately now that both my mom and dad are gone (way too soon) these things don't exist anymore for me.

On 10/8/2020 at 1:08 PM, animal74 said:

1.) Oof - this is a toughie for me, since before this season, I didn't really follow the Phantoms. I'm going to give a cop out answer and just say our current top lines and goalie.

2.) He's obviously doing something right if he's keeping us in the game! Winning 8 of 11 is pretty impressive, especially for a rookie.

3.) Yes, I think Havlova will. It's kind of crazy to me though that no one has previously hit 80 points - shows how low scoring has been the past couple of seasons.

4.) Baillie Jr has been good, so has Poremba as we mentioned above. If everyone keeps it up, the future of the Phantoms looks bright.

5.) Eh, I generally fall into "C - Can't stand it." Things like pumpkin bread, muffins, etc.. are OK but inferior versions to banana bread. I hate hate hate pumpkin pie though, and pumpkin spice lattes and all that jazz are overrated. There are a plethora of other coffee related drinks I'd rather have.

6.) I don't think we have a dish that isn't traditional, but I guess you could say chocolate chip cookies. One of my grandmothers would always make them for every party, even if they didn't "fit" the traditional meal.

On 10/8/2020 at 2:08 PM, animal74 said:

1.Ohradka-Fizzlebeef-Landry, I kind of already wrote an article about this lol.

2.It’s awesome too see our two young goaltenders tearing it up! We’re gonna be set in net for years.

3.I hope so. It would be really nice to see s huge season from her. She’s earned it.

4.I’m very hopeful, we have a couple strong rookies still in the VHLM, I think we’re gonna be a hard team to be in a few years.

5. B, Im okay about it, I enjoy pumpkin pie, but that’s about it.

6.Turkey Poutine. Fries, Turkey, stuffing, cheese curds and gravy. Kind of a a tradition me and my girlfriend have started in the past few years, a very Canadian dish 

On 10/8/2020 at 6:08 PM, animal74 said:

Havlova, Landry II, Pearson, Block, stansson Jr, Mcpine

He's so calm out here. Nothing phases him.

Ithink so. Big season for her

Poreemba is exceeding how a rookie should play!

C

Nothing! I'm European

Presser questions!

1. What's the craziest prank that any of your Phantom teammates pulled? 

2. Halloween is coming soon, are you dressing up this year and if so what are you going as?

3. Havlova has a chance at being the first Phantom to hit 80 points, but what do you think are our chances of possibly seeing 2 Phantoms hit that 80 point mark with our man Ohradka being 8 points away from the mark?

4. How would you deal with a stalker fan?

5. Do you contribute to any of your VHL salary to charities or do you just horde it all to yourself?

6. What's you game day breakfast routine?

More for another week

1. Tell me one of your fondest hockey/sport memories.

2. Do you play any other sport else than hockey?

3. Who would you say has been your MVP so far?

4. How confident are you that your team can maintain it's current position in the standings as the heat is on for the playoff hunt.

5. What's your favourite thing about the city of Prague?

6. Out of every VHL team out there, is there one player that you can't stand on the ice?

Edited by Seabass

3 hours ago, Seabass said:

Presser questions!

Some guy named Perrin though he could leave for a season and get away with it...

2. Halloween is coming soon, are you dressing up this year and if so what are you going as?

I'm not a huge dress up guy but maybe I'll go as a Calgary Wrangler just to scare the kids.

3. Havlova has a chance at being the first Phantom to hit 80 points, but what do you think are our chances of possibly seeing 2 Phantoms hit that 80 point mark with our man Ohradka being 8 points away from the mark?

I hope so! 8 games left and I'm PPG so the chances are good!

Depends if its a guy or girl. ;)

5. Do you contribute to any of your VHL salary to charities or do you just horde it all to yourself?

I try to give back to the community when I can, especially to kids charities.

I like coffee, French toast and real Swiss muesli with maybe an egg and grapefruit. I love big breakfasts!

Hey Phantoms enjoy some random questions, ?

In one sentence, how would you sum up the Moscow Menace ? (They are the top team lets roast em)

What is your favourite alternate Jersey to wear?

What’s the most imaginative insult you can come up with?

What used to be considered trashy but now is very classy?

What is the weirdest thing you have seen in another hockey players home?

Who is the most over paid person in the VHL?

14 hours ago, Seabass said:

1.) Thomas Landry II came all dressed up like he was in the Civil War and was pointing a bayonet at us! He had us all laughing.

2.) I'm dressing up as a phantom/ghost of course!

3.) I'm going to say it's a 100% STONE COLD LOCK that both of them hit 80 points.

4.) Isn't that part of the reason professional teams hire security? I'd just report them and let our security people handle it.

5.) I donate some to the United Way and a couple of other charities, but I do it behind the scenes with no publicity.

6.) Various omelets, rye toast, and coffee. 

On 10/18/2020 at 8:55 AM, Seabass said:

Presser questions!

1. I don't think I can repeat that in public

2. Definitely dressing up but not sure what yet.

3. I think there's a 100% chance we get to 80 pointers

4. Depends, are they cute?

5. I donate to Christmas Daddies every year

6. Depends what's in the fridge, but usually bacon and eggs, OJ, and some yogurt

1) last season was hitting 140 points with the Houston bulls, but for recently it would have to be getting my first goal with Prague

2) Baseball is fun to play in the offseason

3) think I’m gonna go with mcpine, he’s been a big reason we’ve been winning a lot of games

4) pretty confident, keep playing like we have we’ll make the playoffs 

5) I haven’t been here that long so I haven’t really gone out, but so far the weather

6) not really

On 10/18/2020 at 7:55 AM, Seabass said:

Presser questions!

1) The best one that has happened to me is the classic tape on the skate

2) I feel like I could pull off Ferris Bueller

3) I would love to see that

4) Alert security A$AP Rocky

5) Yes, I always give a portion to St. Jude

6) Coffee, strawberries and blueberries and pancakes my girlfriend makes

On 10/18/2020 at 7:55 AM, Seabass said:

Presser questions!

1. I don't know about crazy but they definitely got me in the first game. thinking I was leading the team in the ice only to find out I was out there all by myself.

2. If I do go out in probably going to go as squirrely dan from Letterkenny.

3. I'm beyond excited for the guys. They've worked hard all season and you can see the payoff happening.

4. Depends how they were towards me. If they were nonviolent and harmless I'd let them be. But otherwise I'd have to take the proper precautions.

5. I've contributed to BLM, heart and stroke foundation, and Canadian Cancer society. All causes extremely close to my heart.

6. Two eggs on spinach on an English muffin. Every game day for the majority of my career. I've had success so I don't see a reason to change that now.

Playoff Press Conference!

1) Lifetime Phantom, Alex Pearson, holds the distinction as scoring the first and only two playoff game-winning goals in franchise history in S71. Who will be the next Phantom to score a playoff game-winning goal?

2) We will be facing off against former Phantom, Seabass Perrin and the Helsinki Titans in the opening play-in round. Besides Perrin, who else do you know on the Titans?

3) What is your favorite thing about playoff hockey?

4) Only eight players remain from the S71 playoff team (Havlova, Ohradka, Block, Landry II, Stansson Jr, Pearson, McGirr, Perry). If you're a vet, what advise do you give the new players? If this is your first playoff experience, what question do you ask the vets?

5) Prediction time: Who wins the series? Prague or Helsinki? How many games does it go (out of 5)?

6) Besides us, who do you think is the most underrated team going into these playoffs?

15 minutes ago, animal74 said:

1) Lifetime Phantom, Alex Pearson, holds the distinction as scoring the first and only two playoff game-winning goals in franchise history in S71. Who will be the next Phantom to score a playoff game-winning goal?

2) We will be facing off against former Phantom, Seabass Perrin and the Helsinki Titans in the opening play-in round. Besides Perrin, who else do you know on the Titans?

4) Only eight players remain from the S71 playoff team (Havlova, Ohradka, Block, Landry II, Stansson Jr, Pearson, McGirr, Perry). If you're a vet, what advise do you give the new players? If this is your first playoff experience, what question do you ask the vets?

5) Prediction time: Who wins the series? Prague or Helsinki? How many games does it go (out of 5)?

6) Besides us, who do you think is the most underrated team going into these playoffs?

1. Going to go Ohradka here - big breakout PPG season and caps it off with winning us that Game 1 in Helsinki.
2. The first official Phantom, Erik Draven. It must be a fun reunion for him to get back in touch with Perrin for a season - unfortunate playoff setup that sees us face each other, but of course we must end their run early. In the case that we don't, I'll temporarily hop on board the Helsinki bandwagon just to see these two get something for all their work.
3. THE BEARDS. I have a pretty ridiculous beard - between me, McWolf, Rayzor, and Muffins, we have probably enough to make Cousin It from Addams Family.
4. Enjoy the experience, get out there and soak up the atmosphere. Playoff hockey is a whole different animal, and there's nothing like it.

5. Prague in 5. It's no coincidence that these two teams finished only a single point apart in the regular season, and it looks like a tough series for either team, but I'm confident we can get it done when it matters.

6. Honestly, this is a bit out of left field, but Toronto. When I did the division preview, I didn't think they looked particularly worse than teams they finished behind last season, and this seems to have been a regression to the mean for them, in a positive direction. This is closer to where I think they should have finished last season, and it'll be interesting to see if they can get it done against a playoff seasoned Seattle team.

On 10/22/2020 at 7:54 AM, animal74 said:

At this rate,Alex again!

I'm not familiar with the team. We don't have much history there.

The intensity gets dialed up

Take it one game at a time

Prague in 5

Toronto

On 10/22/2020 at 3:54 AM, animal74 said:

1. I think it will be Cinnamon Block

2. Former Minnesota Storm teammate Valtteri Vaakanainen

3. Anything can happen

4. How should I prepare for a playoff game compared to a regular season game?

5. Prague, 5 games

6. Nobody, we're the only underrated team

On 10/22/2020 at 3:54 AM, animal74 said:

1. I didn’t even know that, that is pretty cool! And it will be either Landry or Leclair.

2.me and Draven go way back, we were teammates a few seasons ago in Prague before in left he free agency, it will definitely be a fun competitive series. (Or so he thought) 

3. The energy, it fires me up so much I love it. 

4. Don't get nervous, just treat it as a normal game and give it 100% and you will be fine.

5. Us in 5. I hope it will be close but we come out on top.

6.Honestly our rival dc. A lot of people were writing them off, but I think they could suprise some people.

On 10/22/2020 at 2:54 AM, animal74 said:

1.) Well, the playoffs are over, so it won't be this year, but I think it's going to be John LeClair II. I expect him to win Most Improved next season, and he'll cap off a strong regular season with a GWG in a game 7.

2.) Don't know anyone on Helsinki - it's my first year in the league and I didn't really play with a bunch of guys who moved to this league.

3.) The intensity - it's a minimum of 3 games against the same team, so you build up rivalry and momentum. There's also the opportunity for "payback" in a different game or a different situation.

4.) I'm asking the vets what type of food we usually get if the game goes into triple overtime. Gotta stay fed!

5.) I have a bad feeling that Helsinki wins this one in 3.

6.) Probably Toronto because that's what our GM said, and he's usually pretty good about these things.

On 10/18/2020 at 9:03 PM, BladeMaiden said:

In one sentence, how would you sum up the Moscow Menace ? (They are the top team lets roast em)

1. I can't talk bad about Moscow, as I had a blast being part of that franchise. Was surprised to see Helsinki beat them them though.

2. If we're talking NHL one of my favourite alternates of all time was the Islanders fisherman jerseys. Or the red Buffalo double Sabre Jersey. I have a Leafs 67 throwback Jersey that they wore as an alternate a few years ago because they changed the logo to the beauty we see now.

3. I'm so bad at insults. I let my physicality do the talking for me. Hasn't failed me yet. This one time a dude told me he was going to "slap the beard off my face". That's forever one of my favourite things I've heard.

4. I mean it's gotta be tattoos. Off the top of my head nothing's had more of a 180 on society. I remember even like 10 years ago people would look at me weird for them. Now everyone has them.

5. The weirdest also the coolest my friends dad owns the "passion that unites us all" Zamboni that the Leafs used to use in the mid 2000's

6. To be honest I don't think I've ever looked at anyone elses contract other than my own haha.

1] our playoffs is over, but hopefully it will be me

2] i played with laine in Houston so it'll be fun to go against him

3} the intensity, but mostly the competitiveness of it, its a thrill playing in the play offs.

4} how to stay calm when the pressure is on

5} Making this late, Helsinki already win lol 

6} i don't pay attention to the other team xd

On 10/18/2020 at 9:03 PM, BladeMaiden said:

1.) I don't have anything bad to say about the Menace considering my recent success there.

2.) Flyers black jersey from the 90s....number 10 LeClair maybe?

3.) Moscow Menace (I'm not very good at this....)

4.) Those white t-shirts that just have some brand's name on the front. It's a white shirt!

5.) Roman Checkmanek was a weird guy...just had some off the wall conspiracy stuff in his basement.

6.) We can actually use this money for stuff? I thought this was just monopoly money! But it's probably me.