MAL/TOR; S67 off-season

VHL Bot

Ultimately I saw a wall coming up with Plunkett and Adoks playing time coming up.  Both are awesome members and will do great things in Toronto.  S70 will be a good draft for me to look towards replacing Sullivan and Materazo.

Boucher fits nicely on our 2nd line with the shoot first Materazo and Marleau.

Nygren will drop to 3rd line with Pajari and Lynch as a dominant third option.

Edited by Advantage

Finally get around to posting on this deal.

Boucher suddenly came on the trade block due to a request to leave for personal reasons. We had a good run together for many seasons so I was happy to oblige and began hunting from the requested team list. Thankfully Malmo was one of the teams on that list. Ultimately I decided it didn't really make cap sense to go after Thompson while trying to explore the possibility of a deeper roster. Malmo was open to taking on Boucher post acquiring Thompson, so this deal was post poned for then. It's tough to lose such a committed good player in Boucher but we get two far younger and still consistent players in Adok and Plunkett. Both added to what we feel is a very health and underrated depth pool of wingers all closing in on some breaking out. We also get Moose who is one of the best inactive D's you'll find. All three came with great contracts. Given that Boucher wanted out and it happened to be a team he wanted to go to, the deal simply made sense for both sides at the time. 

Best of luck to Boucher in Malmo and we look forward to seeing how well Plunkett and Ado can grow in our lineup the next few seasons. :cheers: 

• Victor changed the title to MAL/TOR; S67 off-season
30 minutes ago, Devise said:

S70 1st continues to stare a hole in every GM's eyes. I'm entitled to the odd 1st every now and then, I may be crazy but I'm not THAT crazy! :P 

Will I have any draft picks when I take over? lol

Nervous Syracuse Basketball GIF by NCAA March Madness

• Commissioner
8 minutes ago, Peace said:

Will I have any draft picks when I take over? lol

Nervous Syracuse Basketball GIF by NCAA March Madness

You’re taking over a Devise team, you should have known what you were getting yourself into.