5 hours ago, Beketov said:

Partly for the math (was originally 25 minute increments) and partly because 10 minutes has always seemed a tad short. For some that stay heavily on topic the whole time it may be fine but there’s nothing plenty that wander or drift between unrelated topics that end up filling what is effectively half the podcast. 15 minutes does not seem an unreasonable amount of time given how writing an MS or doing a GFX for 6 TPE would likely take at least that long.

I guess I just don't understand why it couldn't just have followed the same path as the media, which kept pretty much the same requirement but allowed you to do that much (500 words) multiplied by however many weeks you wanted to do, given that nobody has ever made a complaint about the minimum required for a podcast previously. Like I don't understand why the TPE:minutes ratio gets better value once there's three or four people given that it's much easier to do a podcast with more people as that gives you more people to bounce off of, more follow up question opportunities, etc as opposed to having to come up with all the discussion topics yourself as a sole podcaster.

Edited by Tagger

• Senior Admin
11 hours ago, Enorama said:

What about S68 send-downs? I would assume they can claim it as well once they hit 251.

I wouldn't think, no. Not the official word but anyone that has received achievement tracker points should not be eligible for the graduation bonus IMO. 

2 minutes ago, Will said:

I wouldn't think, no. Not the official word but anyone that has received achievement tracker points should not be eligible for the graduation bonus IMO. 

But they stayed down under the impression that they would get achievement tracker TPE from this season. I could understand that viewpoint if this had been announced earlier, but not when it comes after the cutoff date and some of these guys have jumped through hoops to get under the cap to qualify for the extra TPE.

• Senior Admin
9 minutes ago, Enorama said:

But they stayed down under the impression that they would get achievement tracker TPE from this season. I could understand that viewpoint if this had been announced earlier, but not when it comes after the cutoff date and some of these guys have jumped through hoops to get under the cap to qualify for the extra TPE.

I mean if I'm being completely honest my opinion would be that the decision to jump through hoops to stay under the TPE limit is on them. I do understand where you're coming from, but I've also long thought it was very overly generous of the league to allow people to claim achievement tracker more than once so in that sense I don't feel that bad. 

Maybe something in the middle could be worked out but I don't think they should qualify for the full, automatic 20 TPE.

I absolutely love the direction this league is moving towards. Thank you to every single one of you who were apart of these changes. Love you all and keep up the fantastic work!

@Will @Banackock @diamond_ace @Quik I know I missed lots of people sorry.

Edited by MexicanCow123

Nice work on all of these guys. After being one of those players who really struggled in their rookie season I think the new VHLM Cap is a good idea, increases the competitiveness of the VHLM and could do just enough to not crowd the league.

14 hours ago, Will said:

I mean if I'm being completely honest my opinion would be that the decision to jump through hoops to stay under the TPE limit is on them. I do understand where you're coming from, but I've also long thought it was very overly generous of the league to allow people to claim achievement tracker more than once so in that sense I don't feel that bad. 

Maybe something in the middle could be worked out but I don't think they should qualify for the full, automatic 20 TPE.

Why not let them do achievement tracker again? It's fair, considering when they started their career that was the assumption. Just sunset that, and transition to the new system with the new draft class

• 3 months later...
On 9/11/2019 at 9:32 PM, Quik said:

Multi-Claim Podcasts

Something that has been brought up recently has been the legality of claiming podcasts over multiple weeks. As with Media Spots, Podcasts can run much longer than the required minimum, and there is also the possibility of having multiple members participate in a podcast. With that in mind, the BOG has created new rules regarding the length of podcasts, and for how many weeks each participant may claim them. The following chart displays how long a podcast must be to claim multiple weeks and/or claim as a group.

image.png

This means that members may now claim up to 4 weeks per podcast, while group podcasts have a set of guidelines for claims as well. Podcasts may not be claimed for more than 4 weeks. Podcasts with more than 4 people cannot be claimed by a 5th (or more) member.

Can this please be added into the podcast guidelines section @Will or @Beketov. It was quite hard to find, when the podcast guidelines still say 10minutes.