How to recreate this effect?

Gustav

Q927fB2.png&key=7e7062a3158a5e9bc3a7845d

So, here's my recruitment graphic, which I made back in S66 in my first season as GM. When I made it, I was super pleased with how it turned out, as it was one of my first attempts at making anything and I managed to actually make something passable.

Now, I usually suck at editing text--I don't know how to make a font look good. I'm aware that the above isn't the most wonderful thing in the world, but I love how it turned out, personally. The thing is--I have no idea how I did that with the text. I've lost the original file, so I have no way of looking at the editing history, and I'd like to poke the collective brain of the graphics community here to see what I might be able to do to reproduce such effects as:

-Making the text "glow," like you see with the red and the blue sort of highlights.

-Making the text glow with multiple colors (i.e. red and blue, in this example)

-Creating "folds" and "bubbles," as I'm calling them, like you can see going off the "H" in "Hounds" and also over the top of the "U" and the "N"

-Making the light go off the letters in some way (like you can see off the "D" in "and" and the "W" in "want")

I remember absolutely nothing about what I did, except that a) I sat there pressing random buttons for about an hour and b) a lot of that involved messing with the color temperature, though I can't promise that actually did much.

Thanks in advance to anyone who answers.

I know you like it, but...

Spoiler

That doesn't look great at all and I don't think it can be replicated 

Use the "layer effects" on your text layer in PS and they will do wonders - along with clipping mask layers on top of your text. 

4 hours ago, Motzaburger said:

Use the "layer effects" on your text layer in PS and they will do wonders

90% of the effects I do on my text are just a combination of drop Shadow and stroke. Not saying I'm even that good at doing it, but I feel like less is more when it comes to text. 

• Commissioner
33 minutes ago, Enorama said:

90% of the effects I do on my text are just a combination of drop Shadow and stroke. Not saying I'm even that good at doing it, but I feel like less is more when it comes to text. 

Yeah, generally speaking the crazier the text, the worse it is IMO. Adding a pile of effects onto text just makes it hard to read and generally messy.

In any case, most of the red and blue you see as well as the bubbles look like a single stock to me. The layer mode has just been modified to get it to interact with the text. I haven’t been heavily photoshopping for awhile now so i can’t recall which mode that is but they are easy to flip through.

9 hours ago, gorlab said:

Honestly no clue but just open PS, put some enjoyable music on, and have some fun. You'll make something even more beautiful!

@GustavMattias This is probably the best advice tbh - fuck mess around and have fun and come out with a new better one!

Edited by Motzaburger