Perrin shares his thoughts on the season's first week

Seabass

Perrin shares his thoughts on the season's first week

The first week of the VHL season has come and went. Prague finished off the week with a disappointing 1-4-1 record which is only better than the other expansion franchise, the D.C. Dragons. We ended up reaching Defenseman, Seabass Perrin  at a local coffee shop to ask him a his thoughts about his team's first week. 

"Before the season began the critics were already out saying we're going to be a terrible team this season. I'm trying to prove them wrong here and I used those comments to fuel some rage into my game a bit. Overall I feel like we haven't played that bad but we're nowhere close to where I want us to be of course. We proved however so far that we can in fact compete out there on the ice and we're not a team to be taken easily. We're all trying to be that team that's just a pain in the ass to play against. Because in the end a frustrated scorer doesn't usually tend to produce very much. If we can keep up our intensity and effort levels here and I don't see how we don't improve from this point on. We're a young team and we're only just getting started everyone. "

When asked how he feels about his increased role as a member of Phantoms he also had the following comments:

"I feel like I've been given a dream opportunity to prove myself here. The coaching staff has faith in my abilities and gave me and Wolf Stansson Jr. the unique opportunity to play top pairing minutes in our first respective seasons in the VHL. Nowhere else would I be playing the minutes I am now, I didn't even get top pairing minutes in the minors for fucks sake. Now I just got to repay my coaches the favor by giving it my all on the ice every day and hopefully the results will follow soon enough. "

@Sebster03 

You are doing a mighty fine job man! It's good to have you on the team! I think if we keep chipping away at this year we will eventually get over that hump. It's definitely frustrating after our successful regular season last year with Yukon.