Downey Getting Used to New Team

JeffD

Downey Getting Used to New Team

Vancouver, British Columbia – Recent Vancouver Wolves fourth overall draft pick Jeff Downey is finally getting used to his new location after being selected by the Wolves last week. Through the first six games of his VHL career Downey has managed to put up a respectable three points, including a goal in his inaugural game. When asked about how his time has been settling in with a new team he had the following to say:

‘It has been great since I came here to Vancouver. It really makes it easier when you know a team valued you as a player enough that they trade up for you. The team, both management and the other players, have been a great help in getting me acclimated to my new surroundings. I have high hopes for this team and really think we could make another deep run this year. All I want to do is be as much of a help as I can be on another championship run.’

With Downey’s help the Wolves have gotten off to a 4-1-1 start and are currently sitting third in the VHL behind Moscow and Calgary. The fact that they have a league best +14 goal differential point to them being very strong thus far.