Enorama and McWolf should be fired

jRuutu

13 minutes ago, Enorama said:

Inactive free agency was broken for a while. I made claims on Kingfisher and Nixon as soon as I was able.

Still though, I don't get how me playing or not playing an inactive over a bot hurts or hinders the league in any way.

I mean you are basically an empty net, if there is a one game sim and if it´s against your team - no reason to come into this site for two days.

Could make it a lot harder to beat your team right now - that is all I´m saying.

12 minutes ago, .sniffuM said:

I think it shakes out as I believe Eno said: better to leave the players down where they can enjoy themselves, and since it's clear DC won't make the playoffs whether or not they have inactives or bots, especially since it doesn't affect the draft lottery, it's fine.

Are they enjoying themselves down there though? There was quite big number of young players, some might be up already sure, but to me it sounds like there is a lot of competition for ice time. Weird to me that they don´t take the chance to play in the big league and in a big role.

For regular user it´s boring though, would be nice to see a real effort to at least try to play and ice a lineup.

4 minutes ago, jRuutu said:

What about starting the season with a bot goalie even when there was inactive ones available? What about the forwards, they could use couple players at least and there is inactive players out there?

And 2 others at 175+

Looking at their roster, I can see plenty of reason why those players should be up, but that is just me. Maybe those players like to play in smaller roles in the future, who knows.

IFA was busted, so they couldn't grab any of the players until yesterday.

As for the prospects, there's a reason the cap was at 200, and is being moved up to 250. It's just not feasible for players at 200 to contend with veteran players. The results would not change much, if at all, if DC calls up those prospects, and it would do nothing to help the players themselves.

5 minutes ago, rjfryman said:

So I agree with you that this could be a case study as to something could be wrong in the future and there are things that need to change. etc. etc. I don't like players staying down unless they would not hit the cap while trying, but we do have people who are staying the the vhlm when they could have moved up. I think that is something to discuss but I almost feel like some of this thread has been too much focused on Enorama and McWolf and this team. If take the people out of it and focus on the causes then it might be more productive and people would be less defensive. 

Worth looking into for sure! Kinda ruined the whole point of juniors in SHL.

This thread was purely on them and their failure to put together a better lineup, that is why I wrote it ? So better results would be obviously if someone does a new thread and posts about the junior system issues or the dangers. Perhaps someone who is close to VHLM. (not me)

4 minutes ago, Quik said:

IFA was busted, so they couldn't grab any of the players until yesterday.

As for the prospects, there's a reason the cap was at 200, and is being moved up to 250. It's just not feasible for players at 200 to contend with veteran players. The results would not change much, if at all, if DC calls up those prospects, and it would do nothing to help the players themselves.

I see, fair enough then.

I´m not saying they need to beat them or be on the same level, but worrying to me if players are so fragile that losing for season or two will ruin the whole league for them, isnt the whole point to play in the VHL? When they come up as 250 or 300 whatever TPE players, they are going to be behind and clearly weaker than some of the veterans. GM´s should push them into the big club, not down to juniors.

16 minutes ago, jRuutu said:

That is the price you pay for being lucky enough to end up into a expansion team though? You are going to play a lot and the results are not going to be that hot right away. Why is it so wrong to expect players to actually play?

Do you know about the SHL situation and their juniors? Players are now staying down so long that by the time they come up - they are so good that they can play in big roles. In the past you would play maybe 3 years? And then go up and play in 3rd line or 4th line, now players just kick it in the juniors. Some juniors teams are absolute stacked, the new players who join have to play in small roles in the juniors because of some just don´t want to come up even if they could play at decent level already, is that something that can happen here too?

I hope that the VHL never becomes like the SHL in this regard -- even before, knowing I had to spend 3 seasons fully earning in juniors to crack the pros has been enough to dissuade me from ever staying active.

However, there has to be some give and take because 200 TPE players just aren't viable in the modern VHL. Just because DC's prospects are in a position where they would be viable to at least get pro playing time, doesn't mean they should be forced to. If the VHLM fills up, well, that league can expand as well.

14 minutes ago, .sniffuM said:

I hope that the VHL never becomes like the SHL in this regard -- even before, knowing I had to spend 3 seasons fully earning in juniors to crack the pros has been enough to dissuade me from ever staying active.

However, there has to be some give and take because 200 TPE players just aren't viable in the modern VHL. Just because DC's prospects are in a position where they would be viable to at least get pro playing time, doesn't mean they should be forced to. If the VHLM fills up, well, that league can expand as well.

Quickly getting there by the looks of it, or the idea/mentality is starting to be in place already. ´It´s ok to stay down, ´you are not going to get anything done this early´ etc etc. All lines you hear in SHL. When in all reality you would be a valuable player already in a smaller role. GM´s just flat out lie to you, they don´t want to use your player even if you could play on decent level early on. Wrong people run so many teams.

People don´t want to play in bottom lines, they don´t want to play against better players if the difference in quality is too big and they still want top roles right away. Easiest way to do that is of course to play in juniors for years. Both leagues lose because of it.

They should not be forced to, but giant red flag still in my eyes.

Edited by jRuutu

4 minutes ago, jRuutu said:

Quickly getting there by the looks of it, or the idea/mentality is starting to be in place already. ´It´s ok to stay down, ´you are not going to get anything done this early´ etc etc. All lines you hear in SHL. When in all reality you would be a valuable player already in a smaller role.

People don´t want to play in bottom lines, they don´t want to play against better players if the difference in quality is too big and they still want top roles right away. Easiest way to do that is of course to play in juniors for years. Both leagues lose because of it.

They should not be forced to, but giant red flag still in my eyes.

I don't think it's fair to compare our system to the SHL in any way, really just because staying down here starts your career timer and limits your TPE earning, since you need to be under 200 (now 250) to start the season, regardless of how much you actually have applied.

16 minutes ago, jRuutu said:

if players are so fragile that losing for season or two will ruin the whole league for them, isnt the whole point to play in the VHL?

Nobody said it would ruin the league for them, just that they preferred to stay down for one more season. It's not the end of the world either way, and I'd prefer to acquiesce to my players' wishes whenever it works fine for the team as well.

3 minutes ago, Enorama said:

I don't think it's fair to compare our system to the SHL in any way, really just because staying down here starts your career timer and limits your TPE earning, since you need to be under 200 (now 250) to start the season, regardless of how much you actually have applied.

Maybe not now, but in the future the differences might be smaller. Could see everybody staying for that 250 when now or in the past most came up season before. Maybe its 300 soon, then 350 and boom VHL is exactly like SHL.

3 minutes ago, Enorama said:

Nobody said it would ruin the league for them, just that they preferred to stay down for one more season. It's not the end of the world either way, and I'd prefer to acquiesce to my players' wishes whenever it works fine for the team as well.

And that is fine, D.C fans like myself will comment and question those roster moves.

3 minutes ago, jRuutu said:

Maybe its 300 soon, then 350 and boom VHL is exactly like SHL.

The SHL lets you bank all your earnings past 350 and still return to the SMJHL. As long as that is the case, the VHL will never be exactly like the SHL in that regard.

1 hour ago, Enorama said:

The SHL lets you bank all your earnings past 350 and still return to the SMJHL. As long as that is the case, the VHL will never be exactly like the SHL in that regard.

Light version of it maybe!

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...