Nolan off-season recap

studentized

Not sure I was fully prepared for the huge changes that take place during the jump from VHLM to VHL. It was a wild off-season and it moved fast. 

There is a bit of a bitter taste left in my mouth from getting ousted from the VHLM playoffs with Halifax, mainly around the fact that we don't get to try again. The minors are done and that team is gone. It was a wild ride, one I enjoyed a ton, but within the next couple of days I knew I would be drafted somewhere else. I was excited to move up to the VHL, in part because I knew there, we would be able to keep the group together to try again when things don't work out in the playoffs.

The expansion teams announcement added a different wrinkle. Two more teams meant a couple more available player spots, and I was optimistic I'd end up in a good situation with good playing time. My thoughts towards playing for an expansion team were always positive; it would be cool to be part of a team's founding history. But at the end of the day, I couldn't be more satisfied where I ended up. New York has a core of young players that is unmatched in my opinion. Everyone in the room genuinely believes we'll be one of the top teams in just a few short seasons. To be a part of that is humbling and I can't wait to see how our development grows throughout this season.