RoTYs 67 - 66

Big Mac

Season 66 rookie: Shane Mars

Statistics: 46G 48A 94P -1

The Aftermath: This Guy is a bust, and that is very sad to say considering he was so hyped coming into the draft. Of course Spade could come back to the league. Considering that he had nearly 100/95 Points, he had a solid 60 Points which is a massive drop off for a 90 point scorer. This was a even bigger L for @gorlab who should’ve been awarded the award, since he was actually on the sight, putting in his work for that trophy. 

Season 67 rookie: Rayz Funk

Statistics: 28 -29 -8, 3.09 GAA, .913 SV%, 2 SO

Of recent history (you don’t have a aftermath as this guy hasn’t played 30 games for 2 seasons yet.) Funk wasn’t someone I thought would win this award. He was an average goalie in my opinion, and the stats show. He didn’t have a winning record a pretty bad GAA, a decent SV% however. This is just me however I mainly care  about wins. That’s what a tendy is brought to do which is why Grant Fuhr was so heavily praised. I was definitely rooting for my boys @Phil and @Tate. Marleau could’ve won this as well. Even Hogan wouldn’t be bad as he pretty much carried Funk to even having a 3.09 GAA. Walter Clements (Reapers Legend) wouldn’t be a bad option. 

2 hours ago, gorlab said:

S66 ROTY = A black eye on the VHL.

I agree that you were robbed but I would love to see us relook at ROTY and possibly change the way we look at it. Jet Jaguar is a great player and he deserves all the praise he gets but we also overlook players who went to a decent team put up top line mins and helped them get to the finals... I know stats are great and Jet Jaguar had a wonderful Rookie year and now that the team has grown they look like a stud but in that first year Moscow was not a great team. I don't want it to sound like I don't like Jet but I would love to see the ROTY be more than who had the most mins on a bad team and thus got good stats award. 

3 hours ago, Big Mac said:

pretty much carried Funk

You see, the thing is that when you are rebuilding you are expected to be dead last. So 10 points (5 games) our of a playoff spot is really good. 

Funks stats may not have been great but if you watched the games, he stole a lot of games that Seattle had no right to be in. As well as facing the second most shots in the league.

Combined Seattle slugging its way up the standings via Funk and Co and the fact that a lot of other rookies were comparatively weak compared to prior seasons and it made sense

7 hours ago, Rayzor_7 said:

You see, the thing is that when you are rebuilding you are expected to be dead last. So 10 points (5 games) our of a playoff spot is really good. 

Funks stats may not have been great but if you watched the games, he stole a lot of games that Seattle had no right to be in. As well as facing the second most shots in the league.

Combined Seattle slugging its way up the standings via Funk and Co and the fact that a lot of other rookies were comparatively weak compared to prior seasons and it made sense

Yeah I agree with you, but hey it’s like Elias Petersson or Jordan Binnington 

16 minutes ago, Jtv123 said:

I was so BS and clearly favoritism that R.Funk won ROTY lol and now we knows how he truly sims

Where was the favoritism? I mean one of the ROTY nominees (not funk) was literally on the awards committee

Edited by Matt_O

34 minutes ago, Jtv123 said:

I was so BS and clearly favoritism that R.Funk won ROTY lol and now we knows how he truly sims

What favoritism? The it wasn't unanimous and I am not loved by all GMs, nor I'm sure the entirety of Malmo (mostly).

Clearly you are tired, go to bed kid before you make the adults angry.

3 hours ago, Jtv123 said:

Favoritismmmm and overratedddd. We all knew who really deserved that lmao

Again, what favoritism? All you did was repeat the same shit without explaining anything. 

Overrated sure, but every other rookie was pretty bad that season too so comparatively it wasn't

9 minutes ago, HulkHogan said:

They were well above average for a losing team rookie goaltender, also your other possible roty were not better

Didn’t say they where better said they wouldn’t be bad selections and said I was rooting for the. Also a 3 GAA is pretty average even for a losing team. 

7 minutes ago, HulkHogan said:

To be honest neither I or tate were good options

Didn’t say good and all I stayed was I rooted for Tate (pre-season). I said you wouldn’t be bad since if you want to put it this way basically 48 points as a rookie defensemen on a bad team.

5 minutes ago, Rayzor_7 said:

Just remember I faced the second most shots in the league. And all of our defensemen were rookies, sub 500tpe

I’ll give it to you, but nonetheless I still think Marleau deserves it also TPE doesn’t matter nearly as much when it comes to first years as it’s nearly randomized, but props... I guess.