I hate to be this guy but...

JardyB10

Da Trifecta is absolutely right, this is completely ridiculous, we need to change this asap, I honestly cannot think of any way as to how I'd be able to find out what the time would be in other time zones.

My idea is that we convert the league to Swatch Internet Time, there are no timezones there:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swatch_Internet_Time

Oh dear God, that is confusing.  If us Americans weren't so American, a standard off of GMT would be nice, but we'd never figure it out(Hell, some of us can't even figure out the CST is only an hour behind EST!)

While I get your point, Trifecta, you've been in how many other leagues? Of those, how many have posted trade deadlines in multiple time zones? Maybe 1 or 2, if people were being overly considerate to everything imaginable. The vast majority of other leagues, including dozens of ones you've been in, have posted their important league times in one time zone. I've never seen you complain about any of these other leagues doing exactly the thing you have such a problem with here. Granted, that's probably because those other leagues posted in only EST, but that just goes to show you're fine with something that affects others but suddenly opposed to it when it affects you.

I can't do time zones in my head but when I pull out a handy dandy calculator I can figure it out usually.

CST is 1 hour behind EST

When its 7PM CST I pull open my calculator add 7 + 1 and when it tells me 8 I know 7 PM CST = 8 PM EST.  When I have to convert to EST from MST or PST all shit hits the fan b/c then I have to add more than 1 and its just a simple calculator not a fucking super computer.

It's not that I don't understand time zones, it's just why should the time zone for the trade deadline only benefit him and no one else? Pretty sure this is the VHL not JHL. The Victory Hockey League not the Jardy Hockey League. It's not all about him.

Did I answer your question to your "specifications"?

Yet here you are... Trying to make it all about yourself... K.

After five pages, I'm still not sure how posting all the timezones and being a really nice guy would have helped DT post the trade before 9:30pm EST. 

"IT WAS A LAST MINUTE DEAL THAT TOOK PLACE AN HOUR AND A HALF AFTER THE DEADLINE, MAYBE IF I WOULD HAVE KNOWN WHAT TIME IT WAS I COULD HAVE ASKED DOC BROWN TO BRING ME TWO HOURS INTO THE PAST AND PREVENT THIS CATASTROPHE!"

I'll put it this way, on the SBA we hold "yearly" surveys, and one of the questions is "what could be done, in your opinion, to improve the league?".  Members who have only read DT's inanities in old threads say things like "Well, you got rid of DT, so anything else would be downhill".

We have members who joined who wouldn't join while he was still allowed on the forum, and we have members who have threatened to quit if we ever allow him back.

I hate to say it, but the dude is psychotic, immature, and shows a lot of sociopathic tendencies and should, by and large, be ignored in situations like this(though it IS fun to push his buttons, as he'll fly off the handle at a feathers touch).

When he was banned from our league, before we made it public he made a post about retiring and quitting, and had this giant tantrum full of obscenities directed at individual members who had never been remotely rude to him.  Later, when he wanted to come back, he told us that HE forgave our members, and to this day has deluded himself into thinking that his personality wasn't entirely at fault.

Uh. . .Novel.  But, TL;DR.  DT ain't nothin' but a sack of problems.

Guy doesnt seem that bad. If he is being immature, just ignore him. Ive seen worse.

To be honest go [word[ yourself you [wording] [worgget]. Go get a girlfriend yourself and lose your virginity. Unless your daddy raped you and took it.

That was the more civil of the two posts that finally got him banned.  As a commish. 

Edited by SBA

I'll put it this way, on the SBA we hold "yearly" surveys, and one of the questions is "what could be done, in your opinion, to improve the league?".  Members who have only read DT's inanities in old threads say things like "Well, you got rid of DT, so anything else would be downhill".

We have members who joined who wouldn't join while he was still allowed on the forum, and we have members who have threatened to quit if we ever allow him back.

I hate to say it, but the dude is psychotic, immature, and shows a lot of sociopathic tendencies and should, by and large, be ignored in situations like this(though it IS fun to push his buttons, as he'll fly off the handle at a feathers touch).

When he was banned from our league, before we made it public he made a post about retiring and quitting, and had this giant tantrum full of obscenities directed at individual members who had never been remotely rude to him.  Later, when he wanted to come back, he told us that HE forgave our members, and to this day has deluded himself into thinking that his personality wasn't entirely at fault.

Uh. . .Novel.  But, TL;DR.  DT ain't nothin' but a sack of problems.

I'm not a fan of this post, leave the baggage from your sim league at the door. Sure, it does sound like the stuff he did was pretty bad, but that has nothing to do with the VHL. From what I've seen, outside of the odd outbursts, Da Trifecta is certainly not someone who I would be opposed to sharing a league with. People make mistakes in other leagues, myself included, I know that I sure wouldn't like it if someone (especially someone who doesn't look to have any intent of adding anything meaningful to this league) brought up the mistakes that I had made elsewhere into another league.

I'm not a fan of this post, leave the baggage from your sim league at the door. Sure, it does sound like the stuff he did was pretty bad, but that has nothing to do with the VHL. From what I've seen, outside of the odd outbursts, Da Trifecta is certainly not someone who I would be opposed to sharing a league with. People make mistakes in other leagues, myself included, I know that I sure wouldn't like it if someone (especially someone who doesn't look to have any intent of adding anything meaningful to this league) brought up the mistakes that I had made elsewhere into another league.

It may seem that way, but it's more to give a profile of DT than anything, he's incredibly good at hiding how he's eventually going to act. 

As to the end, I was a part of this league a while ago, and may come back now that I've had more experience in PT leagues.  It seems better now, there doesn't seem to be any of the bad SHL members, so maybe they finally decided to stay over there.

It may seem that way, but it's more to give a profile of DT than anything, he's incredibly good at hiding how he's eventually going to act. 

As to the end, I was a part of this league a while ago, and may come back now that I've had more experience in PT leagues.  It seems better now, there doesn't seem to be any of the bad SHL members, so maybe they finally decided to stay over there.

But my point is that, at least from the way you've written it, that is a profile built entirely from his actions in the SBA. People react differently in different leagues, I know at least from one league I was in, I was regarded as a dick, and then in later leagues I've been regarded as a respected member, because people let me have the chance to prove myself league-to-league. Yes, stuff like in this topic doesn't help DT's reputation, but by going into this league spreading stuff he did in another league, you're not even letting him have a chance, it's an unfair attempt at making a member look worse than they actually are.

Basically, the equivalent of what you're doing is if you were to join a league that I was already in and me going on to tell the other members of that league that in VHL, you went in looking to stir shit up with a player. How are you supposed to make a good reputation from that?

By all means, you seem like you would be a great addition to the VHL, and it would be great for you to make a player here. I bear no ill will against you at all, but I just don't think bringing stuff in from other leagues is right.

Edited by YEAH!

And generally, I would agree with you, but the Thunderdome as I recall it is "anything goes".  And sadly, the opinions I've stated aren't from one league, they're what I've gathered from the people who have been in multiple leagues with him.  Like I said, his simply being there was keeping members from joining who otherwise wanted to.  It take a LOT to build that kind of reputation, I think.

I do apologize if it comes across as anything else, but since this was a "DT is an egotistical idiot thread", I'd pitch in my part, he very nearly ruined our league, and so if our past experiences with him can be used by a bigger league like this to try to find a way to contain or quell him, then I'd gladly take the "starting shit" card.

@Green, technically ADV got me here :P