S68 Goaltenders - Legendary Draft Class?!?

gorlab

Salutations VHLiens, top VHL pundit gorlab here.

This VHL.com written article is my bold prediction that in ~10 seasons, the S68 VHL entry draft will not be most remembered for @OrbitingDeath and his tpe exploits, nor for being a deep draft of actives, but from the perspective of my keenly trained sim eye, will be most remembered as a legendary goalie class.

This class of VHL players contains some netminders who I believe has what it takes to have very successful careers, and the possibility that some all-time greats who attack the record books could be lurking among them.  My observations are as follows:

A Red Guy - Classic VHL member. Has the established reputation and possibly the best chance to go down as an all-time great goaltender. No more needs to be said really.

Samuel Ross - Consistency is a major factor in a successful VHL career, and this guy operates like clockwork. He wakes up early af in the morning and checking VHL seems to be part of his morning routine. Buddy is an absolute animal for waking up early enough to be a part of the degen hour gang on VHL discord. 

Raymond Bernard - Possible bias since he was drafted to Moscow where I play, but I've been impressed with his activity and I like his username/avatar gimmick. I don't see him going inactive, and is on the brink of seizing the Moscow starting job. Being a goalie for a Victor GM'd franchise holds a high chance for success imo.

Bruce Grimaldi - Despite knowing the least about this guy, I feel safe including him in my article because even with my horrible memory, I do know he is active on the forums and makes posts that make enough of an impression that I remembered who he is. Being the guy for an expansion team might be a little tricky, but anyone who's username is Psyduck77 has a chance to pull it off. Salute Raymond Bourque. 

Fang Flashback - Seems to active on the discord and seems to be cliqued up with some powerful VHL allies. He wouldn't be my first choice as a lock for an all-time great in this class, but he is notable enough that he has to be included in the list IMO.

All of these guys are single VHLM season players and are already getting games for their respective VHL clubs. Apologies to any late round goalies who are still active enough to read this and feel FISTED ANALLY BY A CIRCUS MONKEY. I don't got the patience and can only remember so much.

So, there you have it. My prediction that the VHL doesn't see a goalie class like this for a long time to come. @Victor, please enlighten the public as to the existence of a similarly notable draft class for goalies from a bygone era.

When the late S70 / early S80 HoF ceremonies are held, this VHL.com article should be linked to confirm to the world that I am indeed a VHL prophet.

Until next time, keep watching the skis... Uh, skies.

2 hours ago, GustavMattias said:

Stop giving him trivia ideas.

He wouldn't use it. The Shaw/Kanou/Kjeldsen/Clarence class is too well known, and it might actually not require people to look it up. Victor would never give a trivia question where there's a chance people will already know the answer

• Admin
4 hours ago, diamond_ace said:

He wouldn't use it. The Shaw/Kanou/Kjeldsen/Clarence class is too well known, and it might actually not require people to look it up. Victor would never give a trivia question where there's a chance people will already know the answer

Low key though S45 (Cleganes and Ariel Weinstein) also up there.