Downey Continues to Adjust to VHL Life

JeffD

Downey Continues to Adjust to VHL Life

Vancouver, British Columbia – Vancouver Wolves defenseman Jeff Downey has continued to adjust to life on the west coast since he became a member of the team. He has been thrust into a large role with the Wolves playing on their second pairing and quarterbacking the second power play unit. While he has been struggling on the offensive side of the puck with only 8 points through his first 19 games on the defensive side he has been putting up very respectable stats while being trusted with a big role.

‘I’m really happy with how this season has gone so far. When I was picked by the Wolves with the 4th overall pick this past offseason I was a little worried that I would be stuck low on the depth chart for a few seasons while I got my skills up to snuff with such a talented core of defenders on the team. They already have me playing over 20 minutes per game and I am quarterbacking the second power play. This is a dream come true. If I can get my offensive game going like I know I can there is no doubt in my mind that the Wolves will not regret picking me.’