Svoboda: a Playmaker?

StamkosFan

The Swede who once prided himself on being a sniper and a volume shooter is now embracing the playmaker label. "I still like to take a lot of shots but my accuracy in VHL for some reason hasn't been great most seasons, a lot of times nothing will go in. I was forced to learn to pass, but it helps the team and I'm one point shy of being a point per game thanks to my assist heavy season this year. As long as I can be effective I guess that's all that matters even if it's not the direction I saw my career going in or how I wanted to turn out as a player, sometimes you just gotta roll with the punches and that's what I'm doing. 12 assists in 19 games, I'm thinking if I can't score that much this year I'll set a personal best in assists, and maybe in turn I'll be able to set a personal best in points. And hopefully that role is what the team has needed and will help us to win; I really need to get a championship now or never. My career is winding down, I don't have much time left. Riga has to win it all this year or that's really it," said Pat Svoboda.