Some portal suggestions

Dil

Dil brings you some small suggestions + pictures

All of this stuff is minor, but would be cool to see.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

zLdJXZm.png

Add a request trade button

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

8QXqjdr.png 

Add an overall stat

VOK5saO.png 

Make every player start at 18 years old, and add 1 to age every season. This can be helpful for new members in counting seasons left in a career.

t1uaT9T.png

Add an All Transactions section on team pages

udalNgr.png

Add a TPA option for sorting on Player List

GTP9nK7.png

Add "Player Page" options under "Player" so we don't have to go to "Manage" and THEN "Player Page"

rVVXfav.png

Add a carryover button in the help section.

• Senior Admin
4 minutes ago, DilIsPickle said:

+ allow Dil to make small changes like the carryover button + player page button to the portal

Feel free dude, I'll obviously review before pulling to the live site but I'm totally fine with you committing to the Git. 

1 hour ago, DilIsPickle said:

Add a request trade button

I'm not too sure what the functionality behind this button would be. If it's just sending a notification to a GM, I feel like a PM could be sent just as easily?

1 hour ago, DilIsPickle said:

Make every player start at 18 years old, and add 1 to age every season. This can be helpful for new members in counting seasons left in a career.

What about just a "Season" tab that (as long as the player isn't retired) shows the player's current season? For example, their first VHLM season (the one that doesn't count), they'll be listed as R, and from there, 1, 2, 3, and so on, up to 8 in their final season.

Seems a bit easier and clearer than changing the player's age.

29 minutes ago, Will said:

I'm not too sure what the functionality behind this button would be. If it's just sending a notification to a GM, I feel like a PM could be sent just as easily?

tru 

14 minutes ago, GustavMattias said:

What about just a "Season" tab that (as long as the player isn't retired) shows the player's current season? For example, their first VHLM season (the one that doesn't count), they'll be listed as R, and from there, 1, 2, 3, and so on, up to 8 in their final season.

Seems a bit easier and clearer than changing the player's age.

I like the idea of giving the age thing a factor tho. Because I set it at 16 when I first joined expecting it to increase every season. How is someone going to go through 8 seasons and stay the same age .-.

12 minutes ago, DilIsPickle said:

I like the idea of giving the age thing a factor tho. Because I set it at 16 when I first joined expecting it to increase every season. How is someone going to go through 8 seasons and stay the same age .-.

I mean, it can change. There's nothing about what I said that makes this any different, just that my system is a better way to actually track the seasons a player's been through (plus, it allows for age variance if you don't just want to be 18). 

Nothing wrong with changing the player's age every season--in fact, I was slightly disappointed to see that it doesn't change. Just that "5" is easier to take as "5th season" than "23."

10 minutes ago, GustavMattias said:

I mean, it can change. There's nothing about what I said that makes this any different, just that my system is a better way to actually track the seasons a player's been through (plus, it allows for age variance if you don't just want to be 18). 

Nothing wrong with changing the player's age every season--in fact, I was slightly disappointed to see that it doesn't change. Just that "5" is easier to take as "5th season" than "23."

Yeah doesn’t necessarily have to start at 18, I’d just like to see it increase every season.

Also I feel like the seasons a player has played are represented pretty well with the career stats, just need a way for age to be implemented.

• Senior Admin
3 minutes ago, JohnOQuinn said:

I'm very against the 18yo age starting thing. I've roleplayed my player as a older, returning College Hockey Star (based off a true story)... I wouldn't want to be locked out of that.

Yeah I don't think we'll do that one, no reason to take the choice away from Players.