Position: Goaltender

Catches: Left 

Height: 6"3

Weight: 187 lbs

Nationality: Canada

Hometown: Hamilton

Style

Explosive: Athletic, Flexible, Powerful, High Energy

Patient: Great anticipation, Superb On-Ice Awareness, Excellent decision making.

Aggressive: Challenges the shooter aggressively, diving poke checks on breakaways, playing pucks.

Hybrid: Good down low at sealing the ice, decent on feet as well.

Pros

Lightning Legs

Ability to quickly re-position, deploy/ maintain balance in full-splits resulting in exceptional reactionary skills. He has explosive side-to-side movement and good flexabilty to go with his powerful lower body. His control with the butterfly slides and in the splits are impressive, and seem to allow Spyro great mobility to never give up on a save. This control also frees up his hands during butterfly slides, which gives the him the ability to make glove saves from any position at any time.

Hot Hand 

When on a hot streak, his confidence soars and believes that every shot will be saved. When he is dialed-in, he is on fire and can be a gamebreaker for his team, or a nightmare for his opponents. You will definitely know when Spyro is fired up after he makes some seemingly impossible stops from out of no where to steal you the game.

Sensational 

Consistently makes flashy saves due to exceptional reaction speed, fast reads with a high hockey IQ, and solid positioning. While some think Spyro comes up with these big saves on pure luck, he has proven at any level that he's got some really good instincts and just seems to always be in the righy place at the right time due to his knowledge of the game and solid positioning.

B88133241Z.1_20180412064842_000_GG150E8D

Cons

Burn Out

Low confidence when on cold streaks. Can overcome this with a good game or multiple good saves in a short time frame. While his confidence is mainly what gets affected, his overall fatigue and energy levels drop which means he can't maintain his usual explosive style for multiple games in a row. When he's cold, Spyro ends up letting in goals that he normally wouldn't and beats himself up over his mistakes.

High Risk

"The flame that burns twice as bright, burns half as long." An over-aggressive style makes for increased chances of injury. After a history with illness in the past, and due to the explosive technique used by Spyro, he can become more prone to self-inflicted injury. This can be a liability at any time and is one of his worst weaknesses. The biggest questions surrounding him in the past were always about how long will he be able to maintain such a style in net.

Nerve Shock

Can get nervous for the first few moments in the 1st period of away games. In oppossing team's arenas, the atmosphere effects Spyro's focus if not facing a lot shots right away to stay connected to the game. Once a few minutes haved passed or he has a feel for the puck his nerves are gone, unless he lets in too many goals too fast.

968083390-850x560.jpeg&c=sc&w=850&h=560

Jimmy Spyro has enjoyed a lifetime of hockey and continues to purse his dream of playing. After being fortunate enough to play for his hometown team, the Hamilton Bulldogs, for many years, he is ready to make his Career in the VHL and prove he his going to be one of the greatest goaltenders of all time.

Edited by Spyro
Finished

Hey @Spyro, I think you might want to fill out your profile with a bit more information it should be a total of about 500 words about 400 for the pros and cons then add a brief summary at the end. Also maybe add a bit of formatting so it sticks out a bit.

For Example:

CONS

Burn Out

Spyro believes in himself and knows he can be the best player on the ice and has done it all his life. However with just a couple of losses he can lose his edge, he will drop his head and you will see his game deteriorate. All his flashy plays come from his confidence so when he is feeling down his skills and flair drop and he can be a big liability to the team. After a couple of games Spyro can be seen to let in easier goals or just not be able to read the bounce of the puck.

Just sort of explain what you mean with each bit, Cold Feet could be a really good section. You could go into detail about why he gets cold feet, does it happen if he doesn't warm up enough or does the crowd over excite him. How long does this go for etc. Just have fun with it play around.

Let me know if you need any help.

11 minutes ago, Spyro said:

Awesome thank you for the helpful advice! @berocka I'll update it and see what I can come up with.

Best of luck mate, I found it helpful to read through the guidelines and look at some other players ones just to get a bit of a starting point. But it is your player go crazy and have fun.

@Spyro Due to the reasons mentioned above, I will deny the rookie profile update for now. Feel free to claim it again after it hits the minimum word amount :) It's a task that can only be done once a career, so the rules are a bit strict on it.  If there are any questions , feel free to ask!

• 4 weeks later...

Review:

I think your rookie profile is a great start, but you definitely need to add more information about your player. I like how you really elaborated on his playing style. I do think that you could've formatted it in a more creative way (maybe including some photos.) Keep up the great work, my friend!!

• DollarAndADream changed the title to Jimmy Spyro "Rookie Goaltender Profile" [Incomplete]
  • 2 weeks later...

Review: strong revision! well done, you took Berocka’s advice to heart and prepared a great, detailed profile! I def relate to some of your player’s weaknesses haha. i always feel nervous in the first few mins of a game too. the lightning legs strength is my fav part as it feels dynamic and detailed. awesome work.

• DollarAndADream changed the title to Jimmy Spyro "Rookie Goaltender Profile" [2/2]