Career Point Task Change

Beketov

• Commissioner

Career Point Task Change

Hello,  @Members

With the trade deadline imminent and S70 players being created staring today I wanted to inform you all of a change to be taking place with how career point tasks (currently rookie profile and bio) are to be handled in the VHL. Several months back we asked about things our sister leagues do that you'd like to see in the VHL and several of you mentioned the way they handle career tasks to be superior to our own in that they are more spread out over a career instead of being done at the beginning before a career has really had time to take shape. With that in mind the BOG has come up with a new set of tasks which will replace our old RP and Bio set. Those 2 have now been split into 5:

• Junior Review (Can be written at any point, but preferably when you're in the VHLM) - A review of your players career up to the point they join the VHLM/declare for their VHL draft 
  • Prospect Scouting Report (To be written during a Player's VHL Draft Season, up until the start of the following season) - Short review of VHLM career,  focus on pros/cons, or other method of scouting report
  • Rookie Experience (To be written during your VHL Rookie Season) - Talk about graduating to the VHL, expectations, reservations, etc.
  • Veteran Presence (to be written during your third or fourth post-draft season) - Talk specifically about what it means to become a veteran on a team and how it's different than being a rookie. This is more of a roleplaying PT than a career summary
  • Biography (to be written during your 8th season, 800 Words, 8 TPE) - Career recap

These changes will take effect for all players in the S70 draft and above. Players previous to S70 will be grandfathered in to the previous model of RP and Bio since they have, in all likelihood, already written them and received points for them. Exact rubrics for these career PT's will be written up shortly but we wanted to get them announced before players start creating for S70 and working on the old tasks.

• Commissioner
3 minutes ago, MacH said:

What do we do if we have already written similar PT's? Also how much are each of these worth?

As the announcement stated, this is only for S70 and up players so it’s irrelevant to anyone created before today.

• Commissioner
2 minutes ago, Sebster03 said:

Okay so I waited for these changes before doing my career pt. But since I'm s68 just do the old point tasks?

Correct. These changes only apply to S70 and up. Anyone earlier can simply do the original RP and Bio.

6 minutes ago, Beketov said:

As the announcement stated, this is only for S70 and up players so it’s irrelevant to anyone created before today.

My bad, missed that bit.

• Commissioner

Forgot that we didn’t add the amounts to the list in the BOG, sorry about that.

The first 4 are 400 words minimum for 5 TPE, biography is 800 words for 10 TPE. All TPE from these, as it was before, is uncapped.

4 hours ago, Beketov said:

Biography (to be written during your 8th season, 800 Words, 8 TPE) - Career recap

2 hours ago, Beketov said:

biography is 800 words for 10 TPE.

uh

• Commissioner
8 minutes ago, Enorama said:

uh

My bad again. This is going through several versions of the change in the BOG to be honest. The OP is correct I believe. We dropped the word requirement from 1000 to 800 so we also dropped the pay from 10 to 8.

This is mostly @Quik’s brainchild so he can step in and tell me if I’m an idiot.

I believe that this is one of the most welcome change to the league! Love this and believe that these tasks will help build more of a story for each player. Great job and you all deserve a cookie!

Edited by FrostBeard

• Commissioner
3 minutes ago, hedgehog337 said:

It can be done by everybody

Moving forward yes but the older players (S69 and earlier) can’t claim these new tasks.

6 minutes ago, Rayzor_7 said:

All I'm reading is that old guys got 15 TPE and now the new guys get 28 (4 writeups* 5 + 8 Bio)? 

That is true but it also affects everyone evenly. New players get the new tasks now, old players will get them when they re-create. If we gave them all to the older players on top of the ones they had already earned that wouldn’t be fair either. Not all changes can be retroactive unfortunately.

13 minutes ago, Beketov said:

If we gave them all to the older players on top of the ones they had already earned that wouldn’t be fair either. Not all changes can be retroactive unfortunately.

Aye that's true, just bites to miss out on the 13 uncapped TPE difference.

• Commissioner
3 minutes ago, Rayzor_7 said:

It’s 13 over the course of 9 seasons so it’s ultimately not that big of a difference.

21 minutes ago, Rayzor_7 said:

Rookie Profiles were 8 and Biography were 10, so it was 18 TPE, not 15. Given that the bio in the new system can't be done till your eighth season, the difference is basically 2 TPE for the majority of your career.

• Commissioner
7 minutes ago, Da Trifecta said:

This does say S70 draft so isn't that the upcoming one? If so does that make me eligible since I would be a S70 draftee? @Beketov

We’re currently in S68, the next draft is S69. Players created starting today are going to S70.