Martin on Trade, Vancouver

Sullvino

It has been just about a week since the Vancouver Wolves acquired center Aston Martin from the Davos Dynamo in exchange for Gritty and a draft pick. The former 4th overall pick in the S67 Entry Draft is beginning to find his groove in Vancouver and getting more and more comfortable each game. Vancouver media finally was able to catch up with Martin to get his thoughts on the trade and his new home in Vancouver.

"It was initially quite a shock when I heard I was traded by Davos. I never had any indication that my name was being thrown around in trade offers, but I understand it is the nature of the business. Once the shock kind of wore down, I was instantly very excited to play for the defending VHL champions. Obviously playing against them over the past two seasons, I was aware of how skilled they are and how tough they are to play against. The boys made me feel very welcome from the beginning and it was easy to get acclimated to the group. I'm excited for this next chapter in my VHL career with the Wolves."

Martin has played 13 games for the Wolves since the trade and has posted 3 goals and 5 assists. The Wolves also shifted Martin from his natural center position to left wing on a line with Michael Gary Scott and Dil Starload and it appears to be paying early dividends as his offensive production has seen a spike since the trade. 

6 hours ago, Sullvino said:

It has been just about a week since the Vancouver Wolves acquired center Aston Martin from the Davos Dynamo in exchange for Gritty and a draft pick. The former 4th overall pick in the S67 Entry Draft is beginning to find his groove in Vancouver and getting more and more comfortable each game. Vancouver media finally was able to catch up with Martin to get his thoughts on the trade and his new home in Vancouver.

"It was initially quite a shock when I heard I was traded by Davos. I never had any indication that my name was being thrown around in trade offers, but I understand it is the nature of the business. Once the shock kind of wore down, I was instantly very excited to play for the defending VHL champions. Obviously playing against them over the past two seasons, I was aware of how skilled they are and how tough they are to play against. The boys made me feel very welcome from the beginning and it was easy to get acclimated to the group. I'm excited for this next chapter in my VHL career with the Wolves."

Martin has played 13 games for the Wolves since the trade and has posted 3 goals and 5 assists. The Wolves also shifted Martin from his natural center position to left wing on a line with Michael Gary Scott and Dil Starload and it appears to be paying early dividends as his offensive production has seen a spike since the trade. 

fqjMypB.png