Seabass Perrin's Biography [2/2]

Seabass

Seabass Perrin's Biography

Seabass Perrin is currently wrapping up his rookie season in the VHL and he's proven to be a much watch prospect as he's emerging into one of the leagues better two way defenders.  Today, I'm going to be walking you through a quik biography on Perrin and talk about his upbringing and past accomplishments.  I will be seperating the biography in four parts, family history, childhood years, high school years, and current life off the ice. I hope you enjoy.

Family History

As I mentioned previously in other articles in the past, the Perrin family has some hockey history that runs through their blood. Seabass' grandfather, Sebastien had a himself a decent hockey playing career in the early years of the VHL. Sebastien Perrin was drafted back in season 7 by the Stockholm Rams which ended up moving to become the Riga Reign shortly after he was drafted. Perrin also had played for the Calgary Wranglers and HC Davos/Avangard Havoc. The biggest moment of Sebastien's career came in game 7 of season 11's VHL finals where he was a big part in HC Davos' historic 3rd period comeback against the Riga Reign in order to win the Continental Cup. 

Childhood years

Seabass Perrin was born on April 20th 2000 in Calgary, Alberta, Canada.  He was more a momma's boy growing up since his father, Serge was often gone working away from home as a railroader for CN rail. His mother, a housewife by the name of Nancy was always there for him however as she is the one who first taught him how to skate, ride a bike and first enlisted the boy in hockey/skating programs and got Seabass' love for the game of hockey started. Seabass grew up with a younger brother, Yannick who had been diagnosed with severe autism since the age of 2. Seabass spent most of childhood with his younger and the two were inseperable throughout the years. 

"My brother was my best friend growing up, we would go play at the playground together we'd go to our local swimming hole together. Wherever and whatever I was doing, I had my little brother right with me" - Seabass Perrin. 

In school Seabass was an ideal student  and was always getting straight As and kept himself out of trouble for the most part. He would tend to be quiet in school and would seem to rather spend time by himself than with other students. However that would not always be the case as things just seemed to go downhill from this point on. In May 2010, Seabass' parents, Nancy and Serge filed their divorce papers as the railroad life that Serge lived became just too much for Nancy to bear having to raise her two children alone while their father was out working. Once the home was broke up, Nancy got custody of both children and Seabass' grades in school started to dip and so did his attitude at school. He began to get into fights at school and had started getting into some trouble here and there.

High School Years

ln his freshman year in high school Seabass' decided to abandon hockey all together and began to focus more on football as he made the high school team as a freshman mainly due to his size as Seabass was always considered "a big boy". Seabass really excelled at football and became a high school football star during his time there bringing his school to a provincial title not once but twice. 

His football accomplishments even gathered interest from the CFL's Montreal Alouettes as they ended up drafting him in the 6th round of the 2019 CFL draft. His school grades continued to plummet as now Perrin stopped handing in assignments, slept in classes and just did the bare minimum in order to narrowly pass all of his classes. He was often caught  either smoking marijuana or cigarettes in the school washrooms while skipping some of his classes. He was also constantly getting in fights at school and got suspended from school on multiple occasions.  Many of those fights however were in defense of his younger brother Yannick who was often times being bullied and tormented in school due to his autism. Perrin's home life during highschool well just didn't exist as he was never home anymore as he was often out sleeping at a older friends pad after a night of underage drinking or just avoided home completely. 

In his senior year of high school Perrin had begun to turn it all around, he had decided to quit drinking in order to up his workout regimen and focus primarily on become a better athlete for his respective sports teams as he rejoined the game of hockey during the same year. He gained another 20 lbs of muscle that year on the way to his 2nd provincial title in football. He didn't have as much team success while playing hockey as he played a full season for his local AAA hockey squad as his team failed to even make the playoffs. However, Perrin dominated the ice with his physical play and looked like a man playing amongst boys. He ragdolled other kids at every game and made himself a reputation of having a hell of a slap shot that scared most kids. While he made great strides in his athletic life he didn't manage to stay away from trouble. He was arrested during the school year for growing a field of marijuana "in the bush behind the school" prior to the legalization of marijuanana in Canada. He got off with probation and a large fine since he was still just technically a minor it would've been possible jail time if he had been an adult. 

TODAY

Perrin quickly got put into a situation where he had to choose between continuing to pursue a career in football or in hockey as he got drafted by the Yukon Rush in the 5th round of the VHLM draft shortly after he got drafted by the Montreal Alouettes of the CFL. Perrin obviously decided to pursue a career in hockey and he doesn't regret it as he only had to play one season in the VHLM before becoming a member of the Prague Phantom's first pairing in the VHL making millions of dollars. Now he's living like a highballer and is often seen at various nightclubs drinking his face off. He even bought himself a nice condo with a nice view of the city and a bought a classic BMW E30 in pristine condition that he ended up modding the hell out of. Not too shabby for a 19 year old from Calgary, Alberta. 

WORD COUNT: 1117 words

Edited by Sebster03

Review: I really like the family details included here. Especially all the details about the little brother. Having people like that in the bio really help build the persona of Seabass. I'd like to have had more information on the grandfather and what role he played in Seabasses career. Adding in another sport was a nice touch. There were one or two sentences that could have used a little work to clean up the structure but overall it was a great read. However it really needs some pictures. Just a few pictures that show either the football career or even just as simple as what building he went to school in. Beyond the lack of pictures I really enjoyed this bio. Great work!

Review: This Bio shows that you took the time and effort to do it. There are some Bios that I have seen that seemed it was rushed just to get the TPE. I really like you're family history, but I would love if you have shown some stats or at least more important milestones in there careers. As for your childhood year, it is really good and well detailed and I don't see any more addition that you could of have made. I also liked the extra details that you gave to your little brother in the story. I found that adding another sport in your history is always a good idea of reality because I myself is a ranked high school basketball player in Canada, but I have played a lot of other sports before playing basketball. This is a really interesting and good bio and I hope you will keep up the great work.

I wish you luck in your career. Don't let other people decide for you and keep taking risk!

• DollarAndADream changed the title to Seabass Perrin's Biography [2/2]
  • 2 weeks later...

Review: Great Job on the article. I always love when there is struggle in a story. I liked that you touched on how he felt during his parents divorce as that would be how a kid would normally react in those touch times. The struggle between the deciding on which sport to pursue as a career is always a good problem to have to for a talented multi sport athlete. 

It seems like you put some real time and effort into this and it really paid off.

Review: 

This was really well thought out. I love all the dynamics in this that give unique perspectives to him as an athlete, and as a person as well. It was cool to see the other elements in his life, like his relationship with his brother, his football career, and his parental situation growing up. It's always interesting to see how different people deal with adversity. The addition of his brother is a detail that makes him much more personified, and gives him a good image in terms of his reputation to the public.

Constructively, I would have liked to maybe see some visuals or an idea of how he did in his VHLM season, as well as his rookie VHL season. Overall, great story, good job at making a character that is likable, and one with a unique and interesting background.