Valentino [2/2]

Kekzkrieg

On 10/13/2019 at 10:31 AM, Kekzkrieg said:

mzGq3BY.jpg

are you kezkincaid???

I think your graphic is pretty cool tbh and one of the better 8 that I just graded. The logo change actually looks pretty decent. You have a grasp on using the TRANSFORM tool in PS< specifically the perspective/skew shift. I do however think the editing of the render got a bit out of hand. Whenever a jersey/fabric on the render turns to literally pure white, and you lose any sense of detail/texture  (which is occurring for large parts of the jersey here) you've gone too far. A hockey player should never look like a pure void of whiteness/blackness in a graphic.  Also his skin looks like he's in a nuclear radiation chamber or something.

I think the text actually isn't bad in terms of font/color selection, but I do think it's really undersized and looks cramped in between the player and border, and hard to read. Never be afraid to overlay text ontop of other elements in a sig/graphic. Like in this case, the player's shoulder.  (I know the white/color of the jersey can clash with your existing text, but you can combat this with text/layer effects like stroke or drop shadow, etc.)

you have some skills, keep pursuing graphic design and looking up tutorials on youtube!

a p pr o v al g an g 

review:

dynamic energy! love the wild use of the color red, you've created a very eye catching graphic. 

just my personal taste - the blacks are too heavy, and take away from the impact of the image. i would have lifted the shadows a bit - and brightened the player's face a bit so he pops more.

your use of text feels a bit shy and tough to read - go bolder with it next time, like Gorlab suggested!