DMaximus: Reapers' Overlord & GM [2/2]

enigmatic

On 10/13/2019 at 10:43 AM, enigmatic said:

gHbc2q8.png

You really are nice with it tbh. I'm glad that SHL trained you up to this level, it gives me hope for that league and the state of it's gfx community now compared to where it was when I was there.

The text looks really awesome in terms of composition, colour blocking, and accenting the render/focal point. It's a clean/minimal piece, the woman looks high def and good, and I think the vignetting does a decent job for lighting. I even love the background kind of looking like a post-game 'interview board' type thing, but it also reminds me of the "flying toaster" screensaver from the 90s (which itself is an iconic art style/piece)

I have been very impressed with your other graphics you've submitted on VHL. It is a very refreshing change of pace from the normal quality of graphics I see around here. You should join up for a future VHL graphics tourney/contest.

You have dope style. IDK if I have anything to teach you. Keep looking up tutorials and learning what you can I guess, because I think the 'unteachable' component of art aka having an eye for flare/style is something you posses, that not everyone does. 

a p pr o v al g a ng 

4 hours ago, gorlab said:

You really are nice with it tbh. I'm glad that SHL trained you up to this level, it gives me hope for that league and the state of it's gfx community now compared to where it was when I was there.

The text looks really awesome in terms of composition, colour blocking, and accenting the render/focal point. It's a clean/minimal piece, the woman looks high def and good, and I think the vignetting does a decent job for lighting. I even love the background kind of looking like a post-game 'interview board' type thing, but it also reminds me of the "flying toaster" screensaver from the 90s (which itself is an iconic art style/piece)

I have been very impressed with your other graphics you've submitted on VHL. It is a very refreshing change of pace from the normal quality of graphics I see around here. You should join up for a future VHL graphics tourney/contest.

You have dope style. IDK if I have anything to teach you. Keep looking up tutorials and learning what you can I guess, because I think the 'unteachable' component of art aka having an eye for flare/style is something you posses, that not everyone does. 

a p pr o v al g a ng 

Thanks man! I always thought your graphics were awesome and I definitely looked at them when I was starting, to improve. I still love seeing what you can come up with.

18 hours ago, enigmatic said:

Thanks man! I always thought your graphics were awesome and I definitely looked at them when I was starting, to improve. I still love seeing what you can come up with.

There are varied opinions of Gorlab on these sim leagues, but there's no denying his graphic skills. He's the main guy I followed and who gave me tips when I started as well. Some people might not like how blunt he is sometimes, but the dude clearly knows what he's talking about graphics-wise.

• DollarAndADream changed the title to DMaximus: Reapers' Overlord & GM [2/2]