S68 Theme Week

Beketov

• Commissioner

Season 68 Theme Week

Hello  @Members !

As has been the case the last few seasons, the week after the trade deadline is theme week! This means if you do an MS, Podcast, or graphic on theme you can double it this week (ending October 20th) for an extra 6 TPE uncapped AND if you do a VHL.com task on theme you can claim an additional 1 TPE uncapped. Complete both and you get a bonus 1 TPE which means if you do everything you get a bonus 8 uncapped TPE this week.  It is possible that some of you may have already submitted tasks for the week. If that is the case (or you have a multi-week MS), you may still participate, and delay claiming either task by one week. However, to be eligible for Theme Week bonus TPE, your point task must be posted by October 20th. As I always point out as well, if you have a job that replaces a PT, you may automatically claim the doubles, and if you have a job that pays the full cap, you may claim all 8 Uncapped TPE, provided you still perform your duties this week.

So, with all that out of the way, the theme this season is league history; more specifically history from before you joined as a member. This can be about a specific historical player, forum drama, a cup run, a specific game; whatever you want. Just pick something from the history of the league before you were a member and write about it or do a graphic for it or whatever. Of course there are some old farts like me around who have been here since day 1 and therefore there is no history from earlier. For ancient members like that anything from the first 10 seasons will qualify.

So, a reminder, TPE Distribution for completing themed tasks will be as follows:

• Complete a Regular Point Task (Media Spot / Graphic/Video / Podcast), on 'Theme', and receive an extra 6 Uncapped TPE  
  • Complete a VHL.com submission (Written / Graphic / Podcast), on 'Theme', and receive an extra 1 Uncapped TPE 
  • Complete both 'Theme' submissions, receive an additional 1 Uncapped TPE, for a total of 8 Uncapped TPE  

Let’s see some league history shall we!

@Beketov, does the auto 12 for affiliate count with the "As I always point out as well, if you have a job that replaces a PT, you may automatically claim the doubles, and if you have a job that pays the full cap, you may claim all 8 Uncapped TPE, provided you still perform your duties this week."

• Commissioner
2 minutes ago, Poptart said:

@Beketov, does the auto 12 for affiliate count with the "As I always point out as well, if you have a job that replaces a PT, you may automatically claim the doubles, and if you have a job that pays the full cap, you may claim all 8 Uncapped TPE, provided you still perform your duties this week."

We never really decided but I’m gonna say sure.

2 minutes ago, Jtv123 said:

Wow can I use that for next week. I got approved for a MS and an article already ?

usually, yes, but i think you'd have to write the article this week

Edited by McWolf

• Commissioner
2 minutes ago, Jtv123 said:

Wow can I use that for next week. I got approved for a MS and an article already ?

Yup. If you did something already and already claimed it you can just do this next week.

• Commissioner
2 minutes ago, Peace said:

I joined back in 2013, but only created my first player just over a year ago. 

So what is considered history for me. 

Pre-2013, or pre-player creation? 

@Beketov

Player creation is fine.

• Commissioner
45 minutes ago, gorlab said:

Stop letting job holders skip over theme weeks to get the uncapped tpe for doing absolutely nothing. 

It’s not all job holders, simply job holders who normally have their job cover their PT anyway. Not fair to say they can’t get the bonus because of doing their job or fair to say they should do their job without pay for a week. The fairest compromise is to have them get paid as they would and get the bonus as everyone else can.

2 minutes ago, Beketov said:

It’s not all job holders, simply job holders who normally have their job cover their PT anyway. Not fair to say they can’t get the bonus because of doing their job or fair to say they should do their job without pay for a week. The fairest compromise is to have them get paid as they would and get the bonus as everyone else can.

Alright, then remove recruitment team from the +12 tpe per week job pool.

Question, if I want to get this out of the way, but I already claimed a MS this week, can I write a new MS, claim the doubles this week for that new MS, and then next week claim the actual MS?

• Commissioner
9 hours ago, Mr_Hatter said:

Question, if I want to get this out of the way, but I already claimed a MS this week, can I write a new MS, claim the doubles this week for that new MS, and then next week claim the actual MS?

You can do that or you can just do the theme next week, either is fine.