Old Members I Never Met, and What I Knew about Them

Gustav

Whatever, the title is self-explanatory and I've got limited time for articles this week. Let's get on with it.

@scotty--The greatest player of all time, Scotty Campbell, was a founding member of the VHL. He's @JeffD's cousin (allegedly) and one of the only now-absent people from S1 who I can name off the top of my head. His last VHL appearance came in 2016 (assuming this @scotty is the Scotty), making him gone before quite a few current members who we now consider league vets even joined.

@Kesler--I don't know a ton about Kesler. I know that he was at one point one of the most active members of the league, but I also know that he had an immature reputation and angered or annoyed a good number of people in one way or the other, and some were a tiny bit angry that he was named GM somewhere (I think Toronto, but I don't know off the top of my head). I believe I read a few indications in older posts that he'd become a good deal more mature and down-to-earth. His last on-site appearance was over a year ago in June 2018.

@Munk--While Munk visited Discord and the forum (and I think posted a thing or two) within the past couple seasons, last visiting on June 30th of this season, he was never active at the same time I was. I don't know any of his history or former players, but I know he was generally well-liked.

@sterling--He's on every now and then, and he was and still is a big deal around these parts. I've never talked to him once, so I can still throw him here. I know he's one of the league's greatest members of all time, and I'm fairly positive he holds the record for most hall-of-fame players (with, I think, 6). He's involved with higher-up business and all that, but rarely seen around the forums these days.

@der meister--I know he was a league legend, though I can't name any of his players without checking. He was very much into reading, and ended up publishing something he wrote and posting about it in one of his last posts. I heard an (unconfirmed) rumor that we're from the same area, and there was a (mostly joking) conspiracy a couple seasons ago that I am just his alt (I'm not, by the way). Recently, he's popped on a few times, but really just to say hi to @Victor.

Word count = satisfied

Me = done with this one