The 21st First Season

Acydburn

• Commissioner

Since i’m a TPE whore, I wanted to do the article for theme week. What better than to talk about the team that I was the AGM for, for about half a season.

The Halifax 21st were one of the expansion teams in season 65. They finished that season in the second position with 46 wins, 22 losses, and 4 overtime losses for 96 points. In that season they made it all the way to the cup finals but managed to lose to the Minnesota Storm 4-2. That’s not a bad season for the first season of the 21st. This can be attributed to current superstars such as Julius Freeman, Teegan Glover, Basabara Moose, Dimitiri Volosenkov, Jet Jaguar, and Cody Smith.The issue with the first season, even though the 21st had a bunch of future superstars on the roster they had to go against names such as Codrick Past, Denver Wolfe, and Orion Slade.  As a matter of fact, the 21st have made the playoffs every season since their inception.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Commissioner
On 10/15/2019 at 10:57 AM, McWolf said:

they were actually an expansion back in S62. And they lost to the Lynx in the finals that year. They were swept. It wasn't pretty.

Weird they didn't show up in any index pre-65 that I saw. Must have not looked correctly.