A History of Failed Players

JeffD

A History of Failed Players

It may not be known to too many people here but I have a lengthy, and I mean LENGTHY, history of failed players in this league. From going third overall in season one to making 5+ players since then I have never actually had a successful player in this league. I was more remembered for my forum activity or the drama I seemed to find myself involved in. With that said I am going to try to give a walkthrough of the players I created that I am able to remember and could find information on.

Jeff.png.c5ca147a5afea84f315abab526035310.png

1. D - Jeff Downey

Season 1 – 3rd Overall - Helsinki Frostbite

This was the first player I made in this league, obviously, as he ended up being drafted third overall in the inaugural draft by general manager Jay Bris. I came into this league as a hyped prospect because of my past activity in the OHSL (OSHL?) and the ESHL where I was a top player. After being drafted to the team, from what I can remember, Jay Bris stepped down and handed me the reigns when Maxim Desny was acquired and handed the reins of the squad.  

Overall this player was a complete bust and maybe one of the worst busts in VHL history. I believe he actually ended up around 100 TPE total before I largely went inactive. From what I can find he ended his career with 49 goals and 101 assists for 150 career points in 216 career games played.

Drazen3.png.e84fb6c08e64124a9faa25d73a915a30.png

2. G – Drazen Miklavz

Season 5 – 30th Overall – Hamilton Canucks

Miklavz was the result of me using a European name generator and wanting to make a successful goalie in the league after utterly failing as a defenseman. How would I follow up an absolute catastrophe of a career as a defenseman? By having an even poorer career as a goalie.

Miklavz would go on to play a WHOPPING 11 career games in the VHL after being selected in the fourth round by the Vancouver Canucks. The 8-1-1 record wasn’t too shabby though.

Rocky.png.ca9aef247f7d5527cfa74358ae3d09c8.png

3. D – Rocky Stork

Season 14 – 18th Overall – Toronto Legion

Well you know what they say… if you fail at one position, try another position. If you fail at that position go back to your original position. By the time I had created Rocky Stork all of my credibility as a solid sim leaguer were gone and I was purely on the forums for the discussion and such.

I can’t even find stats for this guy. He was a minor footnote who may or may not have had some playoff success at one point in this career.

Bahr.png.8276e101db618bf4356ef7199fbc3cfe.png

4. LW – Bahr Downey

Season 25 – 14th Overall – Helsinki Titans

Why not a forward this time? And also did Helsinki not learn the first time they drafted my player that this would end in disaster? This is a player I can find even less on that Rocky Stork. His name is kind of funny though… Bahr Downey… Bar Down… get it?

SJ.png.49a67c42b1aa56c9c07e7e2203112db7.png

5. Unknown Position – ?J Stafford

Season Unknown – Unknown Pick – Unknown

I found a graphic with this guy and it brought back memories of five or six of us making players as the Stafford brothers. I think it may have been Scotty, myself, Noiles and my brother at the very least. I’m not even sure if the graphic I posted above was for my guy but I thought it was great.

So as you can clearly see I have a long history with this league with essentially zero success to my name. I have made some friend along the way and it has been a great time for sure. From being possibly the biggest bust in VHL history to leading a successful trip on the Oregon Trail I have had some good memories made here with some good people. Here is to hoping Jeff Downey the second can have a decent career to at least somewhat salvage my reputation here.

Edited by JeffD