Halifax vs Minnesota S65 Finals Game 6

fonziGG

Today, I'm going to talk about a game that was before my time but peaked my interest. A huge deciding game for two organizations. It was the S65 Game 6 in the finals.

Period 1:

This game is a real tight one actually. Halifax goes into this game needing to keep the series alive against Minnesota. The puck drops and the first period begins. It's a hard fought battle but AJ Axelsen gets a huge first goal of the game, assisted by Blake Gaudette and Rhye Tyr. Codrick Past replies with a power play goal of his own and brings the score to 1-1. with 7 seconds left to play, Jet Jaguar gets a huge power play goal with points going to Julius Freeman and Rhye Tyr.

Period 2:

Even though the Halifax 21st go into the break with some confidence, it's Minnesota coming out the gates for the 2nd period. Denver Wolfe gets another power play goal on Halifax, who were known to be very good at the penalty kill that season. Matteo also gets his 5th goal of the season 9 minutes later. This period, Minnesota lead the game with shots with 25 shots versus Halifax's 23 shots.

Period 3:

We go to the 3rd period. Here we have Orion Slade make it a 4-2 game with a huge goal in the 11th minute. This surges Halifax to get a goal 33 seconds later from AJ Axelsen with his second of the game. Chico Smeb however puts the dagger into Halifax with his goal 38 seconds from that and all is history. The 3rd was clearly a very tight period with both teams only getting 13 shots off, Minnesota with 7 shots and 6 from Halifax.

Minnesota wins the cup in this game and even though the game looked dominant in the score, it was a very tight affair all around.

Edited by fonziGG