Tagger and Enorama Did A Podcast! [2/2]

Tagger

Thanks to @Enorama for joining me on the latest podcast! We did a lot of recording on this one (There's actually an hour more after this which covers Draft Preview and answers the Questions we received that we'll likely post a bit later on) and Eno has kindly edited them down to smaller chunks so that they make for easier viewing and I've uploaded them with appropriate titles so you know the topics we're going to cover for each.

Combined run length of over 100 minutes, so 4 Weeks worth of PT's for myself and @Enorama for Week Ending 10/27,  11/3, 11/10, 11/17

I'm wondering if VSN should be more of a professional curation job rather than a straight writing job. A small group of people selects some of the best Media Spots and VHL.com articles, edits them, and then formats them into say a magazine format. Then if there isn't anything released it's obvious and it's easier for new people to see what's happening around the VHL.

• Commissioner

I finally listened to this, at least win part. Might have more thoughts once I get through the rest.

To discuss your point about the 12 welfare thing. It's true that maybe we should have discussed it more but we didn't really look at it as something that "only affects" the people making the decision. You make a good point that it's the case but we more or less looked at it as "We're the people doing the most work in all these affiliated leagues but also the ones who can't enjoy the other leagues because of our time commitments." So the idea behind it isn't to have people come in for 2 seconds and then disappear all week. I know Molholt and Doc have both been a bit more active than that here and I have tried (unsuccessfully) to do so in the SBA. can't really speak for anyone else. Was it a bit naive? Perhaps but our intentions were relatively pure enough. I do think that uncapped opportunities and stuff are enough that someone truly active here should still be able to get ahead more as well as just figuring out the engine more but you bring up a realistic concern.

I also do agree the theme week was a bad idea. I was busy as hell and said it on a whim. I'm not gonna pull it back now but future ones definitely should not count, you are correct on that. I know I didn't claim any bonus in the SBA theme week.

53 minutes ago, Beketov said:

I finally listened to this, at least win part. Might have more thoughts once I get through the rest.

To discuss your point about the 12 welfare thing. It's true that maybe we should have discussed it more but we didn't really look at it as something that "only affects" the people making the decision. You make a good point that it's the case but we more or less looked at it as "We're the people doing the most work in all these affiliated leagues but also the ones who can't enjoy the other leagues because of our time commitments." So the idea behind it isn't to have people come in for 2 seconds and then disappear all week. I know Molholt and Doc have both been a bit more active than that here and I have tried (unsuccessfully) to do so in the SBA. can't really speak for anyone else. Was it a bit naive? Perhaps but our intentions were relatively pure enough. I do think that uncapped opportunities and stuff are enough that someone truly active here should still be able to get ahead more as well as just figuring out the engine more but you bring up a realistic concern.

I also do agree the theme week was a bad idea. I was busy as hell and said it on a whim. I'm not gonna pull it back now but future ones definitely should not count, you are correct on that. I know I didn't claim any bonus in the SBA theme week.

Yeah I can't remember exactly how I expressed it through the podcast, but I didn't see the 12 TPE ruling as something that was done maliciously (I had a feeling the way you've said it here was how the discussions would have been framed), I just think that there should have been more discussion and more neutral parties involved in the discussion. Then maybe as a result it would have been deemed that 9/10 TPE would have been the fairer option, an amount that appropriately compensates all of you for the efforts you've put into the respective leagues, but doesn't immediately guarantee that you'll be on par with, like Enorama's example that he stated in the podcast, first-gens who bust their ass off only to see someone not have to do anything in the VHL to claim the same amount of capped TPE and also lines up more with the fact that no-one else can claim their job pay in different leagues.

Like I say, I don't think there was anything malicious with going straight to 12, but I think it would serve better to have the incentive to at least do a small something in the leagues that they claim their elevated welfare rather than allow them the opportunity to fall into a bad habit of just consistently claiming 12, which would be a disproportionate reward to the effort that they'd put in.

• Commissioner

Couple other quick things from further listening, again there could still be more. I'm kinda listening to this over a full week when I have the chances haha.

1. Kendrick is 100% around as an alias. The admins know who he is and aren't about to go shouting about it publicly and revealing so I'm not going to say. But yes, I know who he is and if he wants to keep his head down that's his choice.

2. The reason for the auto-theme week stuff is very simple and I stand by it: some jobs can't be on theme. For example, simming replaces my PT. I can't sim on a theme obviously so it would either be do my job for free that week, don't do it and do the theme week instead, or forfeit the theme week bonus. That's not realistically fair. It's also not realistically fair to say "okay, some jobs that replace PT's can get the theme and some can't" so I make it universal that if your job replaces your PT you get the bonus that it replaces. That last part is important because, to use myself for example again, simming pays 7 TPE. That means it only replaces my main PT. Thus I claim an extra 6 but only get the last 2 if I do a 590 on theme like everyone else. I don't think it's reasonable to say anyone that has a PT replacing job has to either forfeit the theme week bonus, work for free, or ignore their job. It just doesn't make sense. So that's the reasoning behind the "free" theme week. As I already said I don't think applying it to the 12/week affiliate guys was fair. Ultimately that's still welfare and no other welfare guys get it so I should have considered that. However I stand by the job replacement ones.

11 minutes ago, Beketov said:

1. Kendrick is 100% around as an alias. The admins know who he is and aren't about to go shouting about it publicly and revealing so I'm not going to say. But yes, I know who he is and if he wants to keep his head down that's his choice.

@DilIsPickle exposed

Review Part 1:

• Great to hear your voice back on the air @Tagger, and Welcome to the airwaves @Enorama! (first time I'm hearing your voice, anyway)
  • Seems odd to NOT think of you as a GM now
  • HAH I didn't actually realize you made a player called Washington. Makes so much sense!
  • Naming GMs is tough. Yes, though, I agree that the Commishs' had reached out to the other candidates before the announcement that would have been a bit more tactful, but oh well
  • Going completely off-track here - that sig you made for Tagger that's in his sig - IS AWESOME - if you need another subject for something like that, PLEASE PICK ME! ;)
  • Getting an expansion team going is extremely difficult. Patience is key. 
  • No one beats Malmo :)
  • Ah yes, the eternal cycle of tanking in the VHL
  • Funk wasn't drafted 1st - @Tate was :) He was second or third.
  • Great first part! :cheers: (okay This was part 1 and some of two)

• On 10/25/2019 at 10:04 AM, Beketov said:

Also - WHAT? @Kendrick is around. Well I hope he'll show himself to me at least.

Edited by Phil

Review Part 2 of Part 2 & Part 3:

• Hell, I'm on a roll, let's keep doing this @Tagger & @Enorama
  • 550 more shots than us? It'd be interesting to see what the scoring differences is between the two teams - that's probably more indicative of that difference.
  • Actually, our passing isn't really that high - minus RSJ, who we acquired in the off-season too, but we did adjust our updates to become more passing oriented to accommodate Thompson!
  • Get all the awards, Tagger. I'll root for you.
  • No one like Moscow, so that's for the best, right @Victor ? :P 
  • TBH we need to get away from conferences and just have a league table - top 8 make the playoffs, the rest aren't. Have every team play all teams an equal amount of times. 
  • Thompson's shooting percentage was awesome this season.
  • The Paulo trade was the most interesting we've seen this season. 
  • Altonnen had a great year. Wow. I didn't even notice.
  • Smitty Jagerbomb
  • PS - I'm muting the Liverpool game and watching it while listening to this, haha
  • Yeah some amazing Point Tasks have been done here! 
  • I Definitely picked a couple of DC players on my VFHL because I knew that they'd have good stat lines :) #NotBraggingJustCongratulating #DefinitelyBragging
  • Yea we are very far into the future in the VHL. 
  • Davison had a phenomenal year - but I think Thompson's offensive obliteration, plus his hits, has it in the back. 
  • Funk's only got two seasons but he's the goalie of the future for sure. But Keep an eye on Eagles (@Greg_Di). He's going to turn some heads.
  • Over an hour and loving it!! 
  • Looking forward to hearing Part 4 & 5. I'll write to IMDB and see if we can get you in there. :cheers: 

• DollarAndADream changed the title to Tagger and Enorama Did A Podcast! [1/2]

Review Part 4:

• VSN talk - I remember the VHL magazine when Raymond Funk ran it. The amount of work and effort in those editions were astounding! 
  • I think the amount of blame on the situation you can give to Shawn depends on how much he tried to do anything about it. Because like you said, at the end of the day the writers' "job" isn't an actual job haha
  • I still don't understand how Rayzor has SUCH A LEAD in TPE on the rest of our Draft Class. I've hit the cap at minimum and donated every season... so how he's  OVER 100 TPE over what I am in 3 seasons.. is absolutely fucked.. and now he's not doing the work? That makes me mad.
  • That awkward pause when @Enorama lost feed was hilarious.
  • Getting rid of the VSN was I think the right move, and definitely not letting Bana take over was the right move.
  • Good discussions, good rants. I had mine in here too haha :P  Nice episode Enorama & @Tagger :cheers: 

• DollarAndADream changed the title to Tagger and Enorama Did A Podcast! [2/2]