New Identity?

VanCanWin

As the VHL is in the midst of a tight, intriguing first round of playoffs, there is a rumour going around that a player on one of the contending teams has been splitting his focus lately as he is currently in the process of changing his entire name.  While there are no confirmed reports of this, talk is picking up and his friends, family, and teammates are hoping this is not a distraction for him during this time of the season. 

As I was writing this, the player approached me to keep his name anonymous to which I had to oblige.

I talked to him recently and asked him about these rumours and this is what he had to say: 

“Rumours are rumours. I can neither confirm nor deny these ones and all I can say is as of right now my name is still _____ “. 

“I love my name right now but if I were ever to change it, I’m pretty sure I know what I would change it to.”

”It’s my name so I should be given the choice as to whatever it is that I want people to call me, no?”

“I have enough nicknames that I don’t think my teammates would even really notice I would have a new name so no big deal there”.