New Name - Rob Mattalex

VanCanWin

TVL changes to Robert Mattalex.

As was rumoured, Malmo forward TVL in the midst of a heated playoff round, has busied himself with the process of a name change.  With the paperwork complete, TVL would like to formally introduce himself to the VHL world as Rob Mattalex. Of course this all begs the question, why?

See this interview I had with him today on this very subject:

Well I hear there’s big news! Why the name change?

Honestly, I wanted to change my name as I usually don’t use my irl name on internet games like many people don’t. It’s that simple. 

And why the name Rob Mattalex?

That’s a good question. Recently I was blessed with my firstborn son (irl). Now leading up to this season there was a huge negotiation going on for the services of Matt Thompson. Word is that he signed with Malmo on the sole basis that TVL would name his firstborn (unborn at the time) after Matt or Bek or whatever names are associated with this man in VHL history. After my boy was born and my wife didn’t allow me to choose the name, I felt really bad. Bek and other let me hear about it and there was a certain unrest in our locker room because of this. By naming him Rob Mattalex, I chose three names associated with Bek and put them together as an attempted peace offering in the hopes of regaining a good friend and peace in our locker room.

Have you talked about this to him yet?

No, no one knows about this. Not even my wife! I hope he takes this the right way though and we can repair our once strong bonds as linemates and friends.

Has this had any effect on your playoff performance?

I think I have played well all things considered, but it has been weighing on me tremendously so I hope I can now relax and play the game how I know I can.

So do we call you Rob from now on or can we continue with calling you any nicknames we have for you?

I would prefer to go by Rob to pay proper homage but if Bek approves I will allow a few nicknames to stick such as TVL, Van, etc.

Now back to the ice, where do you see your series playing out in the 7th and deciding game?

We are going to dominate the lesser talented HC Davos and move on to the next round. Matt is a superstar that is willing (and simming) his way to bring Malmo their first championship. We have such a good group of guys and so much talent we know we are the best team in the VHL. 

What are the keys to your team success from here forward? 

If everyone forgives me my big mistake towards Bek and accepts this peace offering taking me back in with open arms, we will regain the unity that made us an unstoppable force this season.

502 words.

@Beketov @Advantage @fonziGG @GustavMattias @Matt_O @Phil @OrbitingDeath