Downey Disappointed in End of Season

JeffD

Downey Disappointed in End of Season

Vancouver, British Columbia – The Vancouver Wolves follow-up to their championship season last year has come to an unceremonious end. The Wolves have gone out in seven games to the hated Calgary Wranglers after holding a 3-2 series lead going into game six. Wolves defenseman Jeff Downey was approached for questioning after the game seven loss to the Wranglers.

‘To say I am disappointed by this result would be a huge understatement. This honestly sucks. I really wish I could have done more to contribute to a series win for us but unfortunately in the end it just didn’t work out. Next season I am really going to be putting in my all to try and be a key piece for this team in what is hopefully another cup run. I need to be better. I will be better.’

Downey finished the regular season with 9 goals and 24 assists for 33 points in 72 games. The playoffs were another story for his offensive game as he only managed to tally 1 point in the seven game series. He did manage to average over two blocked shots per game however and it was evident how much effort he was putting in on the defensive end.