EU Finals, GM 5: Riga Reign vs. Malmo Nighthawks

VHL Games

• Beketov changed the title to EU Finals, GM 5: Riga Reign vs. Malmo Nighthawks
  • Commissioner

GG Riga, you deserved better than a 5 game series tbh. Pile of OT games that really could have gone either way but the sim gods chose not to smile on you. You guys were a much stronger team than this result at all implied.

Good series Riga - That was a fun and tough one. I think it definitely deserved to go the distance! But you're still going to be super competitive next season, so you ain't going anywhere. All the best, dudes.

And Malmo... 

fuck yea vancouver canucks GIF (ignore the Vancouver part of this gif)

3 hours ago, Beketov said:

GG Riga, you deserved better than a 5 game series tbh. Pile of OT games that really could have gone either way but the sim gods chose not to smile on you. You guys were a much stronger team than this result at all implied.

This tbh.  I had this going 7 for sure

1 hour ago, Beketov said:

Also I just realized this is my third straight finals after missing it for 20 seasons. Apparently @DilIsPickle missing the finals is my good luck charm.

This made me remember.....in Glade's 8 seasons, this will be my 6th finals appearance

Am i tying a record here?

• Commissioner
7 hours ago, ShawnGlade said:

This made me remember.....in Glade's 8 seasons, this will be my 6th finals appearance

Am i tying a record here?

I don’t know if anyone has kept track of finals appearances, just cups. Though didn’t Glade also only play 7 seasons? He wasn’t S61 was he?

1 hour ago, Beketov said:

I don’t know if anyone has kept track of finals appearances, just cups. Though didn’t Glade also only play 7 seasons? He wasn’t S61 was he?

I think he counts his 2 M seasons, because he played 6 seasons in the VHL, including 3 from S63 to S65 with Riga (which only made the playoffs in S63). It doesn't add up.

Edited by McWolf

• Commissioner
4 minutes ago, McWolf said:

I think he counts his 2 M seasons, because he played 6 seasons in the VHL, including 3 from S63 to S65 with Riga (which only made the playoffs in S63). It doesn't add up.

If that’s the case then 100% no one has kept track of that because for record keeping purposed we always have the VHL and VHLM separate.

7 minutes ago, Beketov said:

If that’s the case then 100% no one has kept track of that because for record keeping purposed we always have the VHL and VHLM separate.

yeah, it makes more sense that way

• Commissioner
9 minutes ago, McWolf said:

yeah, it makes more sense that way

Exactly. You don’t see the NHL tracking CHL stats; the idea is exactly the same. The VHLM is treated like the CHL, a stepping stone towards the VHL but not combined.

48 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Exactly. You don’t see the NHL tracking CHL stats; the idea is exactly the same. The VHLM is treated like the CHL, a stepping stone towards the VHL but not combined.

don't tell Shawn, though