Continental Cup Finals, GM 4: Malmo Nighthawks vs. Seattle Bears

VHL Games

• Beketov changed the title to Continental Cup Finals, GM 4: Malmo Nighthawks vs. Seattle Bears

Just wow, Seattle has won it! Whatever happens, I have to thank Bushito for trading me and giving me this opportunity at winning!  Boys, we did it! Pop open that brandy and let's get wasted together!

• Commissioner

What a massively lackluster way to end Thompson's career but also fitting. Was always good at getting piles of playoff points but never the Kanou.

Congrats Seattle. I expected a much more evenly matched final. Would be lying if I said I expected a sweep in either direction. Tough to beat Seattle when they win what, 10 straight in the playoffs?

4 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Tough to beat Seattle

I mean we beat them 3-0 one game in these playoffs. How in the hell is Toronto who barely made the playoffs and WOULDN'T OF if we had crossover the only team that can take a win in the playoffs from a relatively young (but still good) Seattle team, with a young goalie to boot? Crazy stuff. 

Anyways, congrats Seattle, got the momentum from that first series win and literally wouldn't let go. The CGY sweep made more sense than this one but clearly the starpower up front for Malmo couldn't make up for the overall team game that Seattle iced on top of stellar goaltending from as per usual one of the younger goalies of the era, but still a fantastic one in Funk. Good chance at the Playoff MVP for @Rayzor_7 I'd say this season. 

So, firstly I apologize if the tone is bad or I come off as a prick.. I just walked in the door from work and wasn't expecting 22 pings in my Bears Discord LR... I knew seeing that.. at that moment we won.

Long time coming once again. I don't think anyone had us winning. You can blame it on STHS, but if you actually looked at our roster.. we're a team built full of depth. We have superstar, elite players.. we have way better depth than a good portion of teams. Our team is stacked. We had literally zero holes. It blows my mind after this season that I'm going to be a runner up for GMoTY. 

@Rayzor_7 @DoktorFunk @Smarch @Acydburn @HenrikZoiderberg @berocka  @HulkHogan  @FrostBeard @Eudaldkp @Esso2264 @ShawnGlade

I don't think I missed anyone but If I did, I'm sorry. I'm still trying to process this craziness. Drafting most of you, we didn't expect to be at this level until next season. Since drafting you guys, it's been my best time as a manager in this league. I do believe this is my 20th consecutive season behind the helm of the Seattle Bears. The LR has been fun, crazy and everyone has been amazing and great teammates. Hands down the best team and group of people I've ever put together on this site.The bird and shawn, you guys came in being huge pieces. One person returned home, the other came to end things off with the team. This was my vision when building this team from the start and to throughout this season.

I know it's a shitty speech boys. This is a little fucked. It's crazy. Thanks for being there. Thanks for embracing Seattle and everything we stand for. Thanks for putting up with my mouth and my bullshit and most of all, thanks for being DA BEARZ. I owe you guys this victory and am proud to serve you all as your GM. Now before I tear up, enjoy it.. 

You are the S68 VHL champions. 

Malmo, you probably feel like you got shafted. You guys are a great group and this season has been so much fun between Seattle and Malmo. The light gestured shit talking and bugging has always been  blast. Friendly competition is always something Seattle has enjoyed and you guys were our greatest competition this season. We didn't expect to be victorious really against you. We didn't expect to make it out of the first round. You know, it's crazy. Good season to each of you. You guys have a great, strong team and yeah. I know the shitty feeling. I've been in those shoes before. I think I'm one of the greatest examples of just sticking to it and shit will come. Seattle too. This group is fucking awesome. 

Thanks for the series, Malmo. Good on you guys' for the amazing strong season and we'll see you next year where we try to defend our titles...surely against you. :cheers: 

Well, I'm somewhat disappointed (ok, fairly disappointed) with how this went, but:

@Rayzor_7 @Berocka @HulkHogan @DoktorFunk (I think that's it, anyway; why did you have to draft half my team Bana)

Congratulations to all of Seattle on the cup win, but congrats to these guys in particular--the S66 Hounds class is showing why they're the best first-gen class from any team, ever (until I build the next dream team, of course). Great to see you guys pick up a cup, and I guess I get to take credit for this one indirectly I'm not too mad about it. Jerry's got 5 more seasons.

12 minutes ago, GustavMattias said:

Well, I'm somewhat disappointed (ok, fairly disappointed) with how this went, but:

@Rayzor_7 @Berocka @HulkHogan @DoktorFunk (I think that's it, anyway; why did you have to draft half my team Bana)

Congratulations to all of Seattle on the cup win, but congrats to these guys in particular--the S66 Hounds class is showing why they're the best first-gen class from any team, ever (until I build the next dream team, of course). Great to see you guys pick up a cup, and I guess I get to take credit for this one indirectly I'm not too mad about it. Jerry's got 5 more seasons.

Couldn't have done it without you Gustav, you made a good LR, Bana saw that and selected the team two seasons later we are champions.