My thoughts

Steve

Congrats to the Cup winning team and all it's players. Too bad the series was short but I know the battles were fierce. Also, congrats to all the teams that made the playoffs, that is not to be overlooked. I hope with the right moves and further development, our team will soon join in the fun.

Let me touch on the language issue that has been a topic of late. I find it not to be that bad but I also realize that there some very young members that might not have the same level of maturity as others. It will stay the way it is unless someone wants to be the channel police and shame the person that has made infractions to the standards that everyone would live by in real life. I don't think that is a good way to approach it but something should be done with some of the truly rude and abusive chat I have seen. I thought of one way and that is to make the actual VHL Discord channel sim related only and then have a public channel that you are a willing participant when joining it knowing that there might be language that would offend certain people. I am more interested in some sim chat than who has the biggest E-Peen. Well that's all I have to say about that.

I would like to say my time here in the VHL has been great. I am very happy that I was recruited by @VanCanWin and @Acydburn who helped me get going and @Elmebeck who provides a friendly chat just about anytime, day or night. Good place we have here. I hope to be here for many careers.

• Commissioner
53 minutes ago, Steve said:

I thought of one way and that is to make the actual VHL Discord channel sim related only and then have a public channel that you are a willing participant when joining it knowing that there might be language that would offend certain people.

That’s actually an interesting idea. One of our issues is just how massively active our discord is so policing it is incredibly difficult. It wouldn’t totally solve the problem to have a “disclaimer” channel but at least anyone going into it would be agreeing to the terms.

4 minutes ago, Beketov said:

That’s actually an interesting idea. One of our issues is just how massively active our discord is so policing it is incredibly difficult. It wouldn’t totally solve the problem to have a “disclaimer” channel but at least anyone going into it would be agreeing to the terms.

How about we leave discord as is, and ban the slurs on the forums? cool thx

• Commissioner
1 minute ago, DilIsPickle said:

How about we leave discord as is, and ban the slurs on the forums? cool thx

You guys all wanted discord to have a bigger percentage so it kinda needs the follow the same rules since it’s such a big part of the league. You can’t have it both ways.

1 hour ago, Beketov said:

Don't you mean it's hard to police when the ones policing are using the slurs?

2 hours ago, Steve said:

I would like to say my time here in the VHL has been great. I am very happy that I was recruited by @VanCanWin and @Acydburn who helped me get going and @Elmebeck who provides a friendly chat just about anytime, day or night. Good place we have here. I hope to be here for many careers.

Glad you’re enjoying it buddy! The VHL’s better with you in it! ?

• Commissioner
8 hours ago, Abaddon said:

Don't you mean it's hard to police when the ones policing are using the slurs?

No, I don’t. I mean it’s hard to police 250+ posts every hour of every day. Our mod staff can’t be on 24/7.

Now there are some who have quite frankly not acted according to their rank mind you and there will be consequences.