RJ Jubis Rookie profile [1/2]

Jubis

Rookie Profile

XG3Vi9bb79KkErz5XXEr-jaAmmn1I9iKeHD506Rm6E6ejGzemJ25qMukTGgwluCFb3WeMCZ_aD30JTwVqMLObJcTdEmjeBf_9tKPWh2GQS7Q3upUkWQKftGWJBSzlhPd7WsfxikA                       

RJ JUBIS

Height: 6'4"

Weight:  222Lbs.   

Birthplace:Yarmouth, Nova- Scotia                                    

Intro: RJ Jubis was signed as a free agent by the Saskatoon Wild in the off season. Season 68 was his rookie season in the VHLM. It was filled with many highs and lows for the rookie. A severely slow start plagued Jubis. He started the season on the Wild's 2nd line. Unable to consistently produce offensively he remained there for the first half of the season. He propelled himself onto the 1st line with a sudden spark in production. Jubis finished his rookie season playing all 72 games with 29 goals,33 assists 62 points.                              

PROS      

pDe6bBj0m_6z_PxxL99BAtMCd6HBbPMIUF6krzvy1sZf0Xiqb8FETORMIt7A-PIB_9uMJgoAhU8PFKHC60ATSNmdqD6Er98xy9cchpDCLBaZQz17njh3bwS0lOPoV9YMD0gQfUrm                                         

Quik release: Jubis has established himself as a player with one of the best shots in the VHLM. He has practised intensely on perfecting his shot. You could catch him daily staying after practice working on his release. He uses an unorthodox style of training. Jubis will try mock game scenarios and release his shot from different angles. Whatever the young man is doing it is working. He finished the season with 23 goals in the final 28 games. A pace that would have seen the rookie score 60 goals had he maintained that production all season.                          

8Kb82R35uYKBRBhU68LUPUFw3RB0TwKvYRhWVyXtb-9Nc_58IobwLLn29SVqyljZsrEAzIhTtIMq2R-Kn56J955cZE4TBNf4ycEwZU_xdOM540eskR-Ir1NicfNWtiNTN_vnCa0F

Two-way hockey: He is a natural winger and has played the wing his entire career.  Once he arrived in Saskatoon there was a need for someone to play the center ice position. Jubis willingly took on the role. Critics at the time thought he would fail and would breakdown defensively. He definitely proved them wrong. He showed everyone he was just as good away from the puck as he was with it on his stick. Jubis finished the season a modest +4. Let's dig deeper tho, his +/- is actually impressive considering the Wild had a goal differential of -73. This is a two-way forward that will make you pay on both ends of the ice. 

QY0x0uAjft-34_IjSNjxaNh7FL6_tfCAWHq5Jf4XSqEJ4apX2dqqGL0NXAIYNOBddMefGU8Lg8LYLI9XgEz78R7UKogqztEx0XhZJM49pR52VxzELIyjgW4FI43idYhROmJUMFRn

Discipline: RJ Jubis is a big body measuring 6'4" and tipping the scales at over 220Lbs. For a larger player who throws his body around he has managed to stay out of the penalty box. Through 72 games he only raked up 34 PIM's. This disciplined play has impressed all of his coaches in Saskatoon.    

CONS

joBM8ZhDUMgqUjBmnCdukpwmupaFL9YK5NoY1Meg4_LZKzbc-R9HPUDNvU8XYv9vfHMYSIwwRm3iC4OBsD3qpSEWDsAavogxqHOXkKmoYi0HfVnMw715C1M362e-DJzxVpLMJ2v4

Checking: This is kind of a double edged sword. Going back to him being very disciplined. Jubis may play too disciplined and causes him to play too cautious. Jubis's coaches keep telling him he can use his body more. A few well timed checks could create more space for plays offensively

KqnNySeDqZoaFoDORbT2MyxfAKOWqxAfikV9l2LaBFaYX92q0o9FkQN_kikiLolSue2XVRm0KNTKQYwpQJHCRQk4eCfKTG33oMrbSt_gaL3J3O3ZjrztyC9f_w779PtPbG-cJ7wG

Passing: Jubis has the ability to be an elite playmaker. The skill set is there for him to setup teammates.  He has shown flashes of greatness when it comes to his passing. What is holding him back is his shoot first mentality. If he looked for more passing plays he would collect more total points. 

LE9OB5gyHTU46ylQo9ka7dOOv9TQvdS-dqG0r1dT2gsyrFoxn4IEe9E87JwjQM13BD6vV5giiH4LYj63kLHyNdwiwXUmFuagN4cA49LwipPN45dYiYQ3ubz3-WwefoPK6tcXUjyc

Injury: A injury that shortened his second year of his major junior career is concerning. Jubis was not wearing a visor at the time. He took a deflection off a slap shot that hit him in the eye. This was in the 3rd period of a game. He missed the remainder of that game and 34 games after that. Surgery was required to repair a damaged retina. The surgery was successful and Jubis's vision did fully return. He now wears a visor but one wrong hit directly to that eye could cause vision damage. 

Summary

RJ Jubis is anxiously waiting with his fate unknown as the upcoming VHL and VHLM drafts have yet to occur. He is projected to be selected late in the 1st round or early in the 2nd round in the VHL draft.  In the VHLM draft he is projected as a top 3 pick in the 1st round. This is a well rounded goal scorer who should impress his new team regardless of who that becomes. 

Rookie Profile $$.pdf

Edited by R Jubis
I do all my work by mobile so if format is off I have attached my original Doc aswell. Word count:652 pros/cons words: 468

It says the PDF is unavailable. If you are on mobile only you should be able to paste your rookie profile as plain text to here. From there it should be easier to work on the formatting. At least this workflow on my phone hopefully it works for you as well.

3 hours ago, Cxsquared said:

It says the PDF is unavailable. If you are on mobile only you should be able to paste your rookie profile as plain text to here. From there it should be easier to work on the formatting. At least this workflow on my phone hopefully it works for you as well.

I had tried that but it was not working. I had to edit the file before copying it and eventually got it to work. Thanks 

• 2 weeks later...