Jeff Downey Returns Home for Offseason

JeffD

Jeff Downey Returns Home for Offseason

The season has now been over for a while and Jeff Downey has travelled home from a post season training program at the Vancouver Wolves practice facility to live with his parents over the offseason. We caught up with him this week on what life has been like for him on the family farm.

‘Absolutely nothing seems to have changed here.’ he chuckles, ‘My old man had me back working the fields as soon as I got back home. It doesn’t matter at all that I’ve made my some very good money with the Vancouver Wolves this year and by all account have established myself as a valuable part of the franchise. This work will always run in my blood. It will be a part of me long after I am done playing hockey.’

Downey also mentioned that while a training program with team trainers is what the team preferred him to stay on over the offseason he has no doubt that the work  his dad will put him through over the next couple of months will have him in better shape than he has ever been in.

‘Watch out next year. Things are going to be much better than they were this year.’