FIRST BALLOT HOF!? - KnightTime #1028 [2/2]

Phil

KnightTime #1028

Image result for sunset gif

Welcome back to  another edition of KnightTime Podcast! I'm your host, Phil Knight. 
On This Episode:
- Off-Season Chatter
- Questions from @Tate
- SBA Affiliation
- Halloween
- @Victor @Beketov first Ballots?
- Don't forget about @DollarAndADream!

Enjoy this edition! 

Songs:
Africa - Weezer (Starring Weird Al)

This is a division of KnightTime Radio. 

Run Time:  34 minutes

Scandinavia has a pretty good offence, probably one of the best 1st lines; but the d-line is on the weak side compared to the other three mentioned (though, since I am in it we'll play over our ability, of course).

@Phil

Review:

- SBA dumped affiliation. It was initially sparked by Josh's comment here about the loss being "big gay". Then Banackock coming in and repeating it. Doc Holiday + the SBA upper heads don't like gay being used as a negative term. SBA said they've been watching our site and Discord for a long time for offensive things, etc so they decided to pull the plug. They feel that nothing seems to get done about things like that, and our blue team haven't cared. This thread on SBA is their announcement. A lot of people chimed in, some VHLers kind of did the wrong thing and trolled. I had a couple of comments in that thread because I get hit from this even though I've done nothing. I'm still bummed out by it, and a little shocked at the decision. It's been a pretty big thing that seems like it could have been prevented with some kind of warning, but anyways.

- Living With Yourself was awesome. I didn't know what to think going into it, but then it just clung onto me and I binged it. Tom Brady's cameo is pretty funny as well in Episode 1.

- IT is good as well. Not super scary like you said, but there are some jump scares that aren't that bad.

- Have you seen The Haunting of Hill House? It's not a movie, it's a show, but it's very atmospheric in the horror and a great story. Had a huge following on Reddit when it came out. There's an episode of it where the camera pans around the whole time and there's like 20 minutes done in 1 shot. If you haven't seen it, I'd try Episode 1 and see if it grabs you. I loved it.

- Ironside's career is decent for me. Nothing crazy. I think he would have been a lot better had I stayed in Toronto, but I kind of screwed Devise and signed in Calgary....forgetting that I told Devise I'd go back to Toronto after a season or two. Ironside was forced out of Toronto initially when I dropped down as GM. His numbers were a lot better on average with Toronto. He didn't end up with as many awards or cups as I hoped, but he wasn't bad. He had a lot of talks most seasons during award discussions about two-way player awards, but was always edged out. HoF would be cool, but I wouldn't be surprised to have to wait it out.

• DollarAndADream changed the title to FIRST BALLOT HOF!? - KnightTime #1028 [1/2]
13 hours ago, DollarAndADream said:

@Phil

Review:

- SBA dumped affiliation. It was initially sparked by Josh's comment here about the loss being "big gay". Then Banackock coming in and repeating it. Doc Holiday + the SBA upper heads don't like gay being used as a negative term. SBA said they've been watching our site and Discord for a long time for offensive things, etc so they decided to pull the plug. They feel that nothing seems to get done about things like that, and our blue team haven't cared. This thread on SBA is their announcement. A lot of people chimed in, some VHLers kind of did the wrong thing and trolled. I had a couple of comments in that thread because I get hit from this even though I've done nothing. I'm still bummed out by it, and a little shocked at the decision. It's been a pretty big thing that seems like it could have been prevented with some kind of warning, but anyways.

- Living With Yourself was awesome. I didn't know what to think going into it, but then it just clung onto me and I binged it. Tom Brady's cameo is pretty funny as well in Episode 1.

- IT is good as well. Not super scary like you said, but there are some jump scares that aren't that bad.

- Have you seen The Haunting of Hill House? It's not a movie, it's a show, but it's very atmospheric in the horror and a great story. Had a huge following on Reddit when it came out. There's an episode of it where the camera pans around the whole time and there's like 20 minutes done in 1 shot. If you haven't seen it, I'd try Episode 1 and see if it grabs you. I loved it.

- Ironside's career is decent for me. Nothing crazy. I think he would have been a lot better had I stayed in Toronto, but I kind of screwed Devise and signed in Calgary....forgetting that I told Devise I'd go back to Toronto after a season or two. Ironside was forced out of Toronto initially when I dropped down as GM. His numbers were a lot better on average with Toronto. He didn't end up with as many awards or cups as I hoped, but he wasn't bad. He had a lot of talks most seasons during award discussions about two-way player awards, but was always edged out. HoF would be cool, but I wouldn't be surprised to have to wait it out.

Thanks for all the info. Seems very "Holier Than Thou" to just pull the plug without a discussion between admins of each league, especially if, as the post said, they've been monitoring it for a while.

Yes, I've seen The Haunting of Hill House! Apparently they throw in random dead people into some random scenes that I never caught, so potentially worth a re-watch. The ending kinda didn't make much sense, but definitely very atmospheric!

Thanks bae :cheers: 

• Commissioner
41 minutes ago, Phil said:

Thanks for all the info. Seems very "Holier Than Thou" to just pull the plug without a discussion between admins of each league, especially if, as the post said, they've been monitoring it for a while.

Yes, I've seen The Haunting of Hill House! Apparently they throw in random dead people into some random scenes that I never caught, so potentially worth a re-watch. The ending kinda didn't make much sense, but definitely very atmospheric!

Thanks bae :cheers: 

@emidas has assured me, and I have no reason to believe he’s lying, that the “monitoring” comment was made off-hand with no proof. There has not been any long term monitoring.

And yes, Hill House is full of ghostly Easter eggs.

17 hours ago, Beketov said:

@emidas has assured me, and I have no reason to believe he’s lying, that the “monitoring” comment was made off-hand with no proof. There has not been any long term monitoring.

And yes, Hill House is full of ghostly Easter eggs.

I'm going to take this reply as proof that you listened to my podcast and instated the Policy!!! :D

uh oh mistake GIF

• DollarAndADream changed the title to FIRST BALLOT HOF!? - KnightTime #1028 [2/2]