2014 NHL Playoff Thread

Guest Svoboda_3

Toews > Crosby right now. I don't care about points, Crosby can have all the Fart Ross Trophies all he wants but Toews wins games, propels his team and is effective when it matter. It's doing the little things and right now, Toews is doing that. Also has more cups.

Toews > Crosby right now. I don't care about points, Crosby can have all the Fart Ross Trophies all he wants but Toews wins games, propels his team and is effective when it matter. It's doing the little things and right now, Toews is doing that. Also has more cups.

Lars Eller has more points than Crosby in these playoffs.

If I choose one to start a franchise with I choose Teows. TSN had a poll question like this I think recently I don't know what the outcome was though.

This. Plus I think Toews shows more maturity and thats what I look for in a captain, which is why I don't think Crosby is proper captain material. Yes he is their best player (also arguable) but that doesn't mean he becomes captain.

Wow. I'm hoping that the Habs use this news to pull together for Carey and get this team to the finals so he can come back and help them to a Cup. Awful news. 

Guest Svoboda_3

Having known Dustin from when he was with thePrince Albert Mintos, the guy is the best option based on his experiences. I actually think he would rise to the occasion. He's won a Telus Cup, a Memorial Cup, a World Junior and a Calder Cup.

And he was solid when called upon during the season.

Of course, in the only game that Budaj played against the Rangers during the regular season, he shut them out.

It's still a winnable series but that offense needs to be going at 100%.

Of course, in the only game that Budaj played against the Rangers during the regular season, he shut them out.

Yeah, but imo, it's really not the same team.. With St. Louis and what happened to him.. They are so different.

Except vs SJ (when he came in for Buds), Tokarski was dominant vs ANA(Best NHL team at that moment) and BUF(Shutout).

Guest Svoboda_3

Prust to Kreider during handshake, "I'M GOING TO FUCKING KILL YOU NEXT YEAR!"

Actually Montreal has more class than that. Sorry Lucic, you're still an evolution chart wannabe.

To the Habs fans (none on this board I don't think) blaming Kreider, give your heads a shake.

I don't blame him certainly.  Though, it is a bit odd that this has now happened three times to him.  Usually, at least from my memory of playing hockey, you fall forward from plays like that.

I don't blame him certainly.  Though, it is a bit odd that this has now happened three times to him.  Usually, at least from my memory of playing hockey, you fall forward from plays like that.

He lost his balance from a slash and with the speed the guy has he may not have the best balance of all skaters. It's totally possible multiple times. I think the thing with him is that he is so fast that like I said, his balance needs work.

"The Hockey Gods" must be Bruins or Leafs fans because holy shit, nothing is going our way.

Edited by FueledByRamen