2014 NHL Playoff Thread

That Hawks/Kings game last night was crazy.

Chicago is going to take it to 7, I know it. I don't know what's going to happen in that game, but if anyone can beat the Kings 3 straight it's Chicago.

Edited by Kyle

Chicago is going to take it to 7, I know it. I don't know what's going to happen in that game, but if anyone can beat the Kings 3 straight it's Chicago.

Maybe. I don't know that game it looked kind of like to me that Chicago squeezed a win. They weren't bad in either OT by any means but they were overplaying top players, certain players weren't seeing minutes and even their elite players like Toews, Keith, Kane etc were looking fatigued, beat up, making mental mistakes. The toll of this series and the playoffs coming right off a Cup win seems to be happening. Doesn't help that they had to play both the Blues and the Kings this playoffs either. I also think the Kings have a ton of more momentum/steam behind them. 

Well.. NYR first team in the SCF. They're going to play the trap and it's going to be one of the most boring 3rd period ever.

Edited by FueledByRamen

I'm not going to predict the winner (and in how many games) of the SCF, I think I'll predict how many minutes it's going to take until Kreider runs over Quick or Crawford.

Aaaaand, that's the only butthurt comment I'm going to make, I'll be rooting for the Rangers, Hank and Marty really deserves this one.

Congrats to the Rangers. Tokarski was awesome, but I really wish Price as in, totally different environment with him in.

Good luck to NY in the finals though for sure. WOuld be a nice story for Marty to get a cup, same with Moore.

Between all the Vigneault talk and impending wave of '94 highlights, I wouldn't be surprised if Vancouver just spontaneously combusts.

Even though he needed to go at the end of the time he had here and was a scapegoat for the real problem Gillis, he still was a great coach for us. So it would be nice to see him win the cup because I think he deserves it.

Good luck to NY in the finals though for sure. WOuld be a nice story for Marty to get a cup, same with Moore.

That's what's though about it.

On one hand you got Moore, Marty, Hank, McDonagh and on the other one, you got Kreider, Carcillo, Dorsett, Pouliot.

I seriously hope the Kings obliterate and physically own the Rags. Despite my desire to see a new team win the Cup, hate that the Rags have to be it. Hate the make up of their team and despite a few classy players on their roster am totally rooting against them. Hoping it's the Kings since I feel they'd be the team best suited to take the Rags down. 

Stop with the running the goalie comments, for the love of god. Habs players were pushing them into Tok and Price all series long.

With my second favorite team (Canadiens) out, I will be definitely cheering for the Kings (my third favourite team - yes I actually have a full list) for the remainder of the playoffs.

While there is a big gap between 1&2 and the rest of the list, with both the Avs and Canadiens out, its time for the Kings bandwagon.

Ugh, Quick playing below average and going back into Chicago losing 2 straight.. Seems like the series could be over, hope the boys come out with some fight. I couldn't stand to see Kane win another Cup.

Guest Svoboda_3

Enter the most boring finals. There are so many other things I plan on doing besides watching the finals.

What is boring about the Kings? They hit hard and play physical, could be some great goalie battles. Do people really only like high intensive goal scoring? It isn't like either team plays the trap. Also, fuck the Rags go Kings!