Teddy Smith : Junior Review [1/2]

Siddhus

Well...where should i start? Should I start with how im actually not from Belgium, or should i start with the fact that i have no idea how to play?

Well I guess ill start off with the Belgium stuff. If you haven't realized by now I'm not from Belgium. SUPRISE! I have an illegal passport that i had to steal to make sure i was safe. In America, there was too much of a risk that I would be deported so i had to get out of the country as fast as possible. I decided to go to Belgium, cause that was the place of origin in the passport i hijacked. Once i arrive, I tried to lead a quiet life for myself. No one around me knew me. I was only 15 and was living by myself.

My day consisted of going to school and then coming back.( I know you are wondering why I would choose to go to school, but I was bored at home and thought school would be fun.) My favorite sport was soccer and was really good at it. I was planning to be like the greats(Hazard and De Bruyne). With my school team, I was able to go to the country finals, where the winner would be crowned best U-16 Soccer Team.

As you would assume, we won the championship and naturally I was named the competition's best player. But there was where all the problems arose. I got too much publicity and news channels all over the country were talking about me. If you remember my story, I had stolen my passport. So when I had to go in for interviews for teams i needed my passport and I was too scared that they would find out the truth. So I fled to Canada where I hoped it was peaceful, cause based on my knowledge all they did was make maple syrup. :)

So now comes the part about how I didn't know how to play hockey. Well since I did not want to  be found out again but didn't want to be bored, I decided to play hockey, which seemed like an easy sport to suck in. That way I could have fun while not getting any publicity. Well, first when i went on ice I slipped and got a concussion. I had to be rushed to the hospital by some people close by. At the doctor, they asked for identification and when I showed them they knew something was wrong. 

So forced me to reveal that I didnt have a passport. But the doctor was nice and just wanted to help, so he said he wouldn't tell anyone and in the mean time he could do me a favor. It was that his father could teach me how to play hockey. Well, I took those lessons seriously and I learned as good as I could.  

On my 16th birthday, the instructor told me I was ready for the VHLM. So I put my name in the draft and hoped for the best. And it happened. Somehow i was drafted in the second round!!!

I was going to Yukon. Right now i gotta go pack my bags and then figure out where Yukon is. So wish me luck and in a few years, you will be looking at me on TV.

image.jpeg.39139bd5b677080d3453fb690b5f4a2c.jpeg
Me Slipping on Ice

Edited by Siddhus

Review: Well written and was a great read but I am not sure if this is a proper junior review? This to me seems more like a start to the players career biography. This should be more about his hockey career leading up to the VHLM/VHL draft. Examples would be discussion his junior/college careers with stats and what not. Other then that well written, keep up the good work!

• DollarAndADream changed the title to Teddy Smith : Junior Review [1/2]