S70 Draft Profiles - Part 3: DC Edition

Patrik Tallinder

Welcome back to the third installment of S70 Draft Profiles! I figured that after awhile, the series would get stale, so this week I tried to switch it up a bit. Before I delve further into this, here are this week's rankings:

1. Edwin THE Encarnacion -

2. Mikko Lahtinen -

3. Odin Omdahl -

4. Jacques Lafontaine -

5. Damien Wolfe 1

6. Jimothy Frost 1

7. Gabriel Gutzwiler

8. Iangenere Risteneen New

9. Dick Cheezy 1

10. Aleksandr Aleksandrov 2

Now, you may be wondering what the DC Dragons have to do with a group of prospects that haven't even been drafted. But the thing is, the Dragons aren't the topic of discussion today. Today, we put the spotlight on another DC, Dick Cheezy, also known on the forum as @goldenglutes. Ask, and you shall receive. I asked a few questions to goldenglutes to make a more in-depth prospect review than my normal 3 brief profiles every week.

Dick Cheezy - C - 62 TPE

Dick has been a steady earner of TPE so far, and can be counted on for around 8 per week. His ceiling may not be sky high, as he has told me "[He thinks he'd] like to eventually become a contributing part of a VHL team, but [he] definitely [doesn't] aspire to be a first liner or anything." But what gives me confidence about him, is that his floor is pretty high, given his activity in the Hounds LR, and he "only joined this league to be a part of the community." This means that while he may not become a superstar, it is likely that he will stick around on the site, and become a contributor for whoever he plays for. Also, his activity on the LR makes for a good character to have on your team. 

Dick's build is one based around reliability. He is great defensively, and is able to make quick transition passes to help the team get up the ice as efficiently as possible. He is also smooth on his skates, always providing his teammates with an outlet option, or being able to create room for himself with the puck in both ends of the ice. His faceoff ability is a nice bonus too. The 16 year old has started his rookie VHLM season off with 2 goals, and 3 points in 10 games. What's more impressive is that he has 28 shots, so if his shooting percentage goes up even a bit, expect to see a nice boost in those numbers sooner rather than later. This has also been done getting second line minutes with the Hounds, so he has been contributing well in limited ice time.

I asked goldenglutes how Dick's VHL career came to be, and he had this to say:

"For the first 15 years of his life, Dick Cheezy was just a regular guy, going about his day like any regular guy would. However, one fateful day in November, his friend Aleksandra Olsen told him to try out this hockey thing. Dick obliged, but only on the condition that he get drafted to the same team as Aleksandra so as to not feel lonely. When it actually happened, Dick was in disbelief, and he was forced to strap on some skates and play as the second line center for Mississauga. It was all a very traumatic experience for him, and sometimes he wishes he could go back and be a regular guy again."

A truly heartbraking story.

Despite his past traumas, he now has aspirations to win a cup this year with the Hounds. In my entirely unbiased opinion, I believe that it is almost inevitable that he achieve this. A shoutout from both myself and goldenglutes goes out to @GlowyGoat, for managing to bring a new, exciting member to the league. I'd also like to shoutout goldenglutes himself, for taking the time to answer my questions.

Tune in next week for more prospect profiles!